2004 Challenge Stradale in AZ | FerrariChat

2004 Challenge Stradale in AZ

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by azcarguy, Apr 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #1 azcarguy, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale (CS)
    Vin# ZFFDU57A1401359820
    Miles 36,8xx miles
    Color: Grigio Titanio (3238) / Black (leather seats and dash)
    Price: $130K

Modifications: Hill Engineering ball joints (front), Hill Engineering skid protectors on nose, aftermarket CS stripe installed (August 2013) and no discoloration of paint if you choose to remove it.

Factory options: Fire Extinguisher, Harnesses, Leather dash and seats, red calipers

Car comes complete with all books, manuals, keys & fobs, cover (body, not seat or steering wheel), harness pads, extinguisher, Ferrari fix-o-flat. Car has older 3M on the nose, not hood and has factory protection on brake intakes (rear) and wheel arches.

I purchased this car in May of 2013 after realizing I had sold off all my Italian cars and needed something for last year’s Italian Stampede. After having owned a lower mile CS prior to this one I decided that this was the perfect car for me to actually drive without any concern about eroding its perceived value. So, if you’re looking for a low mile garage queen this ain’t it and if you’re looking for a 100% flawless car, this ain’t it. It is however, a well cared for and mechanically stellar CS that you can drive as much as you like for as long as you choose to.

Service:
    11/26/13 – oil service, header/cat replacement (L side), New 02 sensors (4)
    8/7/13 – resolve oil overfill, drive belt idler adjustment, AC recharge, Updated trans mount install, installed 4 new Bridgestone RE11’s (have about 3k on them and are better than 85%)
    5/28/13 – PPI done at Cavallo Motorsports*, Ball joints replaced, alignment done to factory spec
    4/6/13 – Cam belt and fluid service, filter replacement, brake system flush
    Prior service – was performed on annual basis at F&M in L.A., I confirmed that the clutch had been replaced and that the car had been regularly serviced.

*The PPI was conducted at my expense at Cavallo and I elected to have the ball joints replaced with Hill Engineering bits, and asked that everything that look suspect be replaced. The clutch wear was 23% and compression was as follows: Cyl 1 – 235, Cyl 2 – 240, Cyl 3 – 235, Cyl 4 – 240, Cyl 5 – 235, Cyl 6 – 240, Cyl 7 – 230, Cyl 8 – 235. SD2 readout was clean.

Items to note:
    - The car has an imperfection on the passenger corner of the nose, I’m not 100% certain that it made its way through the clear bra but it may have. It is less than a pinky nail in diameter.
    - The car also has a tiny chip on the fuel door and one along the leading edge of the driver’s door but both are nearly impossible to catch on pictures.
    - The passenger airbag cover is a bit wavy but really not worth replacing at this point.

Link to pics here(some were taken prior to my purchase and are simply better: CS1401359820 - azmg

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Good looking CS. Very similar to mine, sans stripe. You should bring her out to the Motorsports Gathering this Saturday. I would love to see her. I may also have a home for her. Feel free to give me a call 602.430.6671

3. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Where can I see your car? If you bring it to
    Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering at Scottsdale Rd.
    & Doubletree this Saturday, I can take a look!

[email protected]

4. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Marc is a great seller, I was looking at purchasing his GT3 RS last year and he was very straight forward and easy to work with.

Allen

5. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks! I won't be able to make it this weekend, too much on my plate but appreciate the invite. I'll reach out on the potential home and appreciate the interest.

Car is in Tucson and unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Phx over the weekend.

6. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hey Allen, thanks so much. I hope you found a suitable RS

7. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

I'll vouch for the seller & his CS.

Mark is a stand up guy. GLWS Mark!!!

8. sippy2

sippy2 Rookie

Apr 18, 2014
    Shawnee Ks
    Full Name:
    Barry B
    Cool car...GLWS

9. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Beautiful car, the CS is definitely a cool car.
    OT: Anyone notice the HTML completely wacked just for this posting?

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes. Still out of wack.

11. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    totally whacked?

12. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks Charles, very kind of you.

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I may have a home for your car. PM me...

14. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    CS - now that's a rock star.

15. mkeenly

mkeenly Rookie

Jan 25, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For some reason, this thread is completely unviewable with Mozilla Firefox. I don't seem to have that issue with other threads.

16. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I believe the dealer has tried to embed layout code that you often see in ebay postings...

17. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    This isn't a dealer ad, it's a private owner ad. I think what may have happened is that I copied and pasted the ad from a word document. I simply don't have the time to re-enter the ad on every forum I visit.

Mkeenly- I'm using Mozilla and while it's cluttered with gibberish at the top the ad is readable and the link works for pics.

18. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Car is now up on eBay and listed at 119K no reserve.

19. inflectionpt

inflectionpt Rookie

Jun 5, 2014
    Is the car still available?

20. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes