1986 "flying mirror" Testarossa | FerrariChat

1986 "flying mirror" Testarossa

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by testarob, Apr 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #1 testarob, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    1986 Testarossa Rossa Corsa exterior with tan interior. 72,000 miles. A steal at $55,000.

I have owned this TR since 2006. Transmission replaced and differential upgraded to one piece housing at 60,000 miles (at a cost of around $25k, making this a 'bullet proof' example of the early TR). Service done by Ferrari of Central Florida as well as SpeedWorks of Osteen FL. X-OST and HyperFlow cats added (original exhaust still available). Some wear on drivers side bolster. Photos available in my profile album - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=899

This car has been driven regularly. No 'burnouts'. Not tracked. (But not 'babied' either).

There are probably only 300-500 of these rare 'flying mirror' Testarossas left in the USA. The prices on these are going up, but unfortunately I am not in a position to hold on to this.

Serious inquires only. Incentives for purchase within 30 days.

Contact me through Private Messages to testarob.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I AM getting some offers for BOTH o my 308GTBs.

GLWS, man..

I know all too well "the feeling".....

3. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    What has been the recent maintenance?

4. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It is due for a major.

5. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    NOTE: There will be MAJOR concessions for a quick sale on this vehicle. Feel free to contact me through PM.

6. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    OK, I am getting a lot of interest in this car. I want to be as up front as possible so there are no surprises.

As I review the original post I see I need to update the mileage (I am out of town now so will do that this weekend).

Things to know:

Major is required

There is wear on the drivers side bolster.

Last work done was in October of last year - oil change and rebuilt front bumper to remove dings and nicks from parking lot mishaps over the years.

Parking brake need fixing - I accidentally took off one day with it engaged - don't use it so didn't get it fixed yet.

You might want to consider fuse panel upgrade, although I have not had any problems with it, there is some discoloration around some of the contacts.

This car is not a 'garage queen'. I drive it every weekend, both in town and on the interstate. Usually about 30-60 miles each time.

If it had the major done recently I would be asking $65k for this car since the two major concerns (tranny and diff) have been upgraded.

7. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have gotten a lot of interest in this car, so I will post answers to some of the questions here.

Major incentives will include free shipping anywhere in the continental US and a credit towards any repairs (other than the major service) required in the first 30 days of ownership (as identified by an authorized Ferrari dealership). Shipping costs will be based on a quote from Exotic Transport of Orlando, FL from my home to the destination of your choice (again, within the continental US). The credit for repairs will be based on shipping costs and how quickly this transaction can be closed. The cheaper the shipping and the sooner we close, the higher the repair credit.

If we close within 2 weeks the minimum repair credit will be up to $2k.

8. Mcorrallo

Mcorrallo Karting

Jan 28, 2014
    What does a major cost on an 86 TR?

9. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    6 - 10K depending on what is being done, and things you find, and the proverberial - while we are here, we should ......

10. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Universal Autosports | Ferrari Testarossa Major Service Special

6-10k is not a bad estimate. I agree with the "as long as we are here" since a lot of the cost of maintenance involves labor. Once you drop the engine you should take care of those things that need to be done.

Of course if you are a DIY'er you can save a bundle.

11. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Great price for the most desirable TR.

12. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    :)

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think so too!

If you consider the diff repair done, this is as good as it's going to get, from a known hot dogger....I mean, South Florida member!!!!

14. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
  15. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    :)

16. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    SOLD!

Sale has been made to an fchat member. Final shipping details being worked out. Thanks to all that expressed interest.

I will miss this TR deeply, but I feel it is going to a good home. I will continue to be a member of this forum, with the hope that some day I will rejoin the proud ranks of Ferrari owners.

17. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Sorry she had to go, but glad she is staying in the fold:)