1982 308 GTSi | FerrariChat

1982 308 GTSi

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by gmjsse, Apr 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gmjsse

gmjsse Rookie

Nov 13, 2006
    #1 gmjsse, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am placing this Ferrari ad sale for a friend of mine, who does not have internet access.

The car is a 1982 Ferrari 308GTSi. He bought the car used in Hollywood California in 1999, and has since put on only 800 miles. The odometer now reads 43,226 and the VIN is ZFFAAO2A5COO40393 (I'm pretty sure those are O's and not 0's, but I may be wrong) I know he replaced the distributor caps a few years ago. Everything is original. The car is located in Rochester NY 14626 and his number is 585-672-5857. Ask for Paolo. If his wife answers just leave your name and number and he will call you back. It would be helpful if you can speak Italian. He is asking $39,000 or B.O.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    #2 Testarossa Lover, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    California plates in NY??? Hummm... He does not have Internet access, wow that is strange... Surprising he has a tel #.

I would like to read more specifics about the car before making calls.

3. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    just one minor note: the car is a December 1981 made, or Model 1982 according to the vin plate. It is not an 83 car technically. It may have been sold as an 83 originally on the title but it is a MY82.

4. gmjsse

gmjsse Rookie

Nov 13, 2006
    Hey Guys,

I do not intend to watch this or even spend much time here answering questions. But I thought I would tell you.

YES dude. He kept the california plates and has live in NY since 2002. What don't you understand about that? He is 70 years old and does not use the internet. What don't you understand about that? Don't bother calling him with stupid question. He could buy and sell you 10 times.

I can see the car was manufactured in 81 right on the VIN too. But it was sold to him as an 83. That is precisley why I photographed the VIN tag so there are no questions.

5. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila

83's are QV cars, this is a 2 valve injected (1980-1982) - but I think it might be priced a little high @ $42.5K with 45K miles and by the sounds of it, requires at the very least a belt/T-bearing service and fresh TRX tires. Just my opinion, otherwise, it's a nice colour combo. Any pics of the motor? I'm sure it's a 2Vi in there (making it a 1981/2, regardless of the title.. the VIN has the final say)

6. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    With this friendly attitude this car will sell in no time flat, not!

7. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Listing mistake for sure but still, a VERY big difference in the 82/2valve and 83/4valve cars.

$42k at this point in time for an 83/QV? .. maybe! Same asking price for a 82/2v I believe is still a few years off unfortunately. just my 2cts. (and we all know what that's worth)

8. Racedrvr

Racedrvr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2008
    Kentucky/Florida
    Full Name:
    Don
    Hmmmmmmmm. His first two posts are to try to sell a friends car.....with an attitude.

GLWS

9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Are you conveying this message from the seller? Or is that your perspective?

10. gmjsse

gmjsse Rookie

Nov 13, 2006
    I am sorry guys if I seemed to have had an attitude, but when I read

California plates in NY??? Hummm...
    This makes me believe this guy thinks something fishy is going on, which it isn't!

He does not have Internet access, wow that is strange...
    Nothing strange at all about a 70 year old man not understanding how to use the internet.

I was just personally a little offended. As if my friend was being called stupid, and I was dishonest.

11. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I didn't read any of that into the prior posts. Might want to let a few comments "roll off" and become alittle more thicker skinned, this is what you need to expect when listing a Ferrari on a Ferrari site, these guys know what to look for and what their talking about. Its not like shopping for a Chevy, get it wrong and there is a learning curve that you soon won't forget. LOL

12. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    It's not an '83 and given the condition, its overpriced by about $10k.

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I understand how you felt...no worries. don't feed into the snide posts as it will just take the fun out of you helping a friend.

now please know you have had some accurate comments here regarding the actual build date and the version of 308 it actually is.

it is a 82 308 gtsi and not an 83 gtsi qv. the qv is a bit more valuable to most buyers. with that said, you may want to consider some flexibility in your asking price...

good luck with the sale and good on you for helping this gentleman.

best,

peter

14. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    In this community, it helps to introduce yourself on your first post. Reputation, credibility and history is a must to sell a Ferrari.

No, I am not offended, there are plenty guys here who I know that can buy me by 10 folds so don't think your friend is all that ok...

As Peter said, don't follow me... you will loose control and crash. The damage will not be repairable and you will leave here without a sale.

Good luck and I do mean it.

15. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Let's try not to get too personal here and keep the queries/comments focused on evaluating the car. New members don't always do things in the manner we're accustomed to, so let's welcome and integrate rather than attack and eviscerate.

As for our new member, saying things such as "[My friend] could buy and sell you 10 times" is inherently aggressive, elitist, and never goes down well. I strongly advise against such chest-thumping if you hope to be accepted on this site.

All the best,
    Andrew.

16. Rapido308

Rapido308 Karting
    Owner

Oct 11, 2011
    PA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Horrible way to introduce yourself, let alone make an attempt to sell something.

I suggest the op take a lesson in manners before an attempt to post an item for sale.

As for being able to buy and sell someone 10 times, quite frankly, you have no idea of the background of anyone on this site, so you may be right, then again, you may be way off. Quite frankly, you don't know crap about anyone, so to make a comment like that is just ignorant.

Good luck with the sale, you will need it.

17. gmjsse

gmjsse Rookie

Nov 13, 2006
    My friend came over last night and told me this car IS a 1982. I thought he said 1983,
    My mistake. The vin should of answered all questions anyway, but I just wanted to apologize for my mistake. I have tried to edit this for sale posting, but I can't find a way to do that, so I hope this post suffices.

gary

18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Gary,

I've corrected the year for you.

All the best,
    Andrew.

19. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    \/\/o\/\/

Great attitude! If your friend is anything like you, he'll be an absolute joy to deal with. NOT.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Here here!

Raising a beer glass....I personally like dealing with old guys on these cars.

They had the money, enjoyed the car, and usually kept them up, until "something changed' and then they were pt away, but still cherished.

We need to treat a deal like that with the respect it deserves.
    It's rather an "end of life" decision sometimes.

Welcome and GLWS!!
    Beautiful color, a Fchatter should call and speak to him in Italian.
    I bet it would be an enjoyable visit.

Might get that $10K off in a few minutes time, IMO.
    Who knows!!???

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's folks here that could buy me 1,000,000,000,000 times.

And, they KNOW who they are!

"hi guys!"

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We all know about the 390mm tires but those wheels look really good too.
    This is a nice car, 2V "I" but still very nice.

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It CLEARLY says "OBO" there, at the end.

24. gmjsse

gmjsse Rookie

Nov 13, 2006
    Thanks NeuroBeaker for fixing that for me!!
    And also thank you BixTex for understanding.

I have no knowledge about Ferrari's and claim none. I also have a difficult time understanding my friends English, and I am just trying to do the best that I can for him without mistakes, which isn't too easy at times.

I also apologize to the list here for being a bit grumpy or short with my comments. I just felt there was a suspicion about the listing, or my friend, just because he has no internet access.

25. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    I actually think the asking price of $42.5 is a proper starting point. Best of luck!