2001 360 Spider - 6 Speed Manual | FerrariChat

2001 360 Spider - 6 Speed Manual

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by lencap, Apr 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    #1 lencap, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Greetings! I am selling my 2001 Titanium/Blue 19K mile spider that was purchased two years ago from Steve Barney at Sport Auto in Summerfield, NC. Last year the car had a full service including new belts, fluids, battery and OE Bridgestone tires along with any other needed work at Foreign Cars Italia, the local Ferrari dealership.

The car is in excellent condition, also has color coded CoCo mats, Power Daytona seats, Ferrari Challenge rear grill and Ferrari Modular wheels, complete with red calipers. Also has K40 front/rear radar/laser detection and full service history since 2007, with other records going back further.

Car truly needs nothing. All records are with Steve, who is well known in the Ferrari community, and is a true gentleman with exceptional knowledge about all things Ferrari. Tom Jones, a true genius at servicing Ferraris with decades of experience, has also performed a full fluid service when the car was purchased, replaced a defective sensor and generally done all that was necessary to keep the car in fine tune.

When I first met "Sophia" Steve shared a complete ownership history and assured me that the car was all that I would hope it to be. He was absolutely correct. The car is fine, but my needs have changed and so it's for sale. The car is very competitively priced, and is the lowest 360 spider manual transmission car offered in the Ferrari Market Letter at $85,900. All details are on the Sport Auto website. If you are searching for a manual transmission 360 spider, I suggest you contact Steve Barney at Sport Auto.

PS: Car is titanium color/dark blue interior. My ability to white balance digital photos clearly needs work. The top image is an accurate color. Car has been professionally detailed several times, hand washed after every drive, and stored in a garage with Ferrari Red seat/steering wheel covers on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Beautiful. Price?

3. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Hi - The asking price is what I listed above - $85,900. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Missed that. Sorry. What a great color and set of options. Modulars, challenge grill and a 6 speed!

5. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Yep, and don't forget the K40 setup. Add to that a full fresh service last year with new tires.

6. Bigsalgt1

Bigsalgt1 Karting

May 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Saetta
    Beautiful car!

7. NCromwell

NCromwell Karting

Apr 27, 2014
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Very Interested! Please call, email, or PM me as I can't figure out how to PM on this forum!

Thanks,
    Nate

615-984-1773
    [email protected]

8. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Nate - I tried to contact you, but the phone number doesn't work. Please resend. Thank you.

9. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    I've had a few inquiries about the car. While I suggest speaking directly with Steve Barney at Sport Auto in Summerfield, NC to get all of the details about the car (I bought it from him two years ago, and he found the car for the previous owner as well), I thought I'd address some questions I've had.

1) The service done last year at Foreign Cars Italia included a belt service along with oil change and other needed annual service items. They were all completed by FCI, and are covered by the two year warranty for all Ferrari services.

2) The car has also been fully serviced by Tom Jones at Sport Auto prior to my purchase, and for incidental items after the purchase. When I bought the car I asked Tom to change ALL the fluids in the car. I wanted a solid baseline to work from, and Tom did a fine job. EVERYTHING that was a fluid was changed.

The car is a true "no stories" car - that is the only kind that Steve Barney sells. He personally checked out the car before the prior owner bought it and it has been a true joy during my ownership. My needs have changed and that's why the car is for sale. It will make for many wonderful years of fun for the next owner.

Feel free to call Steve with any questions, or PM me if you prefer. The car truly is worth a look if you are searching for a 6 speed manual transmission well sorted 360 spider.

Thanks again for the posts and PMs. They are all very welcome.

10. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    The car is exactly what I am looking for but I need to reduce my inventory before I do anything, as they say timing is everything! GLWS!

11. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #11 OUMick, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    I seen this car at Sport Auto today. It is incredible. I had no desire for a "silver" car but I would have bought it today. My budget is a bit below this car. The pics above do it no justice. You would swear it's brand new.

12. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Yes, that is my car. I too wanted a red/tan Ferrari, especially for my first (and perhaps only) Ferrari. When I first saw the car I was disappointed since it clearly wasn't red/tan. But my wife was with me and she said that she "loved" the color combination. Steve suggested I take a drive, and I was hooked. My wife drove with me after Steve's familiarization run. Her comment to me made me laugh out loud and sealed the deal: "It may look like titanium, but it drives like it's red."

She was very right. Since buying the car it never fails to get me to smile every time I see it. Even though I bought it for my personal enjoyment, I can't begin to tell you how many compliments I get from passersby and when filling it with gas. Everyone seems to agree that the 360 spider shape looks stunning just as it is. Clearly, I agree.

Yes, red/tan is "the color combo", at least for many people, but for me I got over my red/tan bias and love the look of my car. The red calipers add something to the overall appeal too, as does the rear challenge grill which compliments the titanium color of the car very well.

And thank you for your very kind comments about my car. It's been professionally detailed several times, and I love hand washing and waxing it. Again, my color balance on the pictures doesn't do it justice - the top picture is much closer to the actual color of the car.

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have this exact same color combo in my 550 Maranello and it's truly stunning in person. FYI, the interior color is alternatively classified as "charcoal." My build sheet says charcoal but all the descriptions through the year say "blue." And when I ordered some extra leather so that I could redo the airbag cover and such, I had to order a half hide of "blue."

14. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Seen the car again today. My wife loved the color. Still looks amazing.

15. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Greetings - This has been posted for a while with little response. So, the price is lowered and now offered at $79,500!! This is a true "No Stories" car, offered through Steve Barney at Sport Auto in Summerfield, NC.

At this price I believe it may be the lowest priced six-speed manual transmission 360 spider offered through a franchised Ferrari dealer or a high end independent, like Steve.

Look around and you'll find that this is the lowest priced manual transmission 360 spider offered in the Ferrari Market Letter.

If you've been looking for a clean car, and want a "deal" - this car may be what you're looking for.

16. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    I can't believe this is still on the market! Absolutely beautiful :D

GLWS

Nick

17. opherhenry

opherhenry Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 17, 2014
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    It's mine now. I should get it on Wednesday. I can't wait.... this is my first Ferrari!

18. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Great buy, you have a near twin to my car!

19. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats!!! Beautiful car.

20. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That car is beautiful. I have seen it in person. Congrats on sale and the purchase.

21. opherhenry

opherhenry Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 17, 2014
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    I received the car yesterday and had about 10 family and friends out for a ride and the weather was perfect for top down enjoyment.

I wasn't sure how much I'd really like once it was really mine and I could drive it any way I want. I rate it 10 out of 10. It is a blast. Sure there are faster cars. With the top down, the sounds of the engine and rowing through the gears on a perfect day. It doesn't get much better.

Steve at sportauto.us was a pleasure to do with and got my car prepped and delivered in a first class manner with excellent communication and the former owner lencap has also been very nice answering questions. I give them both a HUGE thumbs up! Thanks guys!

22. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You better be glad I didn't have a another 10-15k for my car or you wouldn't own it right now. I went up to Sport Auto and bought a yellow coupe they had there. When we went to pick it up my wife said I really like the silver one. She's the one that wanted yellow to begin with.

23. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    And I grabbed Adam's Spider for the lower miles, new tires, and (too much actually) CF treatment or I would have bought it! You got a great deal, enjoy it!

24. 05roadsterguy

05roadsterguy Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Snohomish
    Full Name:
    Herman
    Well Bought Sir. That is a beautiful car. I have been saving my pesos, and will be in the market soon. I do hope to find such a well sorted car at a reasonable price when ready.