1993 Ferrari 348ts Serie Speciale, #73/100, Classiche certified, 15K miles | FerrariChat

1993 Ferrari 348ts Serie Speciale, #73/100, Classiche certified, 15K miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Jun 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Price: $69,900

1993 Ferrari 348ts Serie Speciale Houston, Texas | M. Brandon Motorcars

eBay auction link: Ferrari 348 | eBay

I am excited to offer this 1993 Ferrari 348ts Serie Speciale. This is #73/100 of the Serie Speciale cars, is a TS model (lift-off roof panel), and has only 15,238 miles. This actual car that was used as a "reference" for what a 348 should be in Keith Bluemel's "Original Ferrari V8: The Restorer's Guide". And, this car was recently certified by the official Ferrari Classiche program.

A full engine-out major service, including timing belts, was done in September 2012 at 13,200 miles. In addition to the major service, the clutch was changed at the same time. (Service records are available upon request.)

All of the parts that make a Serie Speciale "special" are included on this car: the leather-covered F40-derived seats, the front spoiler lip, the absence of the grille over the taillights, the increased offset rear wheels, special interior badging, etc. A Tubi exhaust system is currently installed, but the original exhaust and cats are available and will be included in the sale.

This is truly a collectible, if not investment-grade modern Ferrari. Yes, the asking price is high, especially for a 348, but try to find another one for sale in this condition, with this provenance, with this low mileage, and that is Ferrari Classiche certified. I am happy to provide more pictures of any part of the car, discuss any aspect of the car, and of course a pre-purchase inspection is always welcome. I look forward to hearing from you; please contact me at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Wow, this is the first 348 I have seen that really grabbed my attention. Beautiful...

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    These were the last, final run..very nicely optioned....

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Very nice indeed.

5. 35550

35550 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007
    Recently purchased from Michael - His cars are better than described - Great to deal with!
    Honest and transparent! Best in the Biz!

GLWS!!!

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Technically the 45 "factory challenge" cars were the final final of the 348 non-spiders for the US market and there were the GTB/GTS and Competizione cars for the ROW markets. Those were all after the SS cars and had features that the SS cars did not have.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    yes, I agree but these were great cars.

The Competizione off course being the most lethal!
    I'd love to have one.

These carbon seats are pretty scarce....

8. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    These have always been always been one of my favorite cars from a styling perspective; almost a more refined / elegant version of the Testarossa and the better looking of the two in the 348 / 355 world IMO. I have a Nero / Tan 348 and it is truly stunning. This car looks amazing as well. I believe this is fairly priced. Please keep us posted and GLWS.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Considering the recent service, clutch, and the Ferrari classique , that's a good deal of cookies coming with the car. I don't think the price is out of wack....I'm sure close offers would snatch this car.
    GLWS

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I live close to this dealer, and they generally "sort" a car before offering to market.

They go out the door ready to run and have fun!!

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Concur, Michael is a good, passionate car guy.

12. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Reserve has been hit on the eBay auction; this car will sell!

Auction ends at 12:00 pm CDT Wednesday 6/10/2014, less than 24 hours left. If you want this car, you need to act fast.

Ferrari 348 | eBay

13. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Nice! Good luck!

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Would love to have this car especially with low mileage. But was a clutch needed at 13k? That's all I can find to question. I can guess the answer. While we were there....that said I think the regular clutches last 30k? I had to change my Kevlar challenge clutch after two and a flywheel so regular clutch now. But miss the on off button of the stiff racing clutch.

15. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    EDIT: I put in the wrong date. Wednesday is 6/11!

Auction ends at 12:00 pm CDT Wednesday 6/11/2014

16. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome. This car deserves it.

17. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Well, even though I contacted the high bidder last week, who responded by saying "I'm not bidding for practice; this is a real bid", they retracted their bid with 15 hours left in the auction.

I'm not naive about eBay; I realize this stuff happens all of the time.

Anyway, car is still available. Lots of interest, and I look forward to talking to anyone about the car.

18. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That is one beautiful car!

19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    But their bid has to beat the second highest bid so the existing bid (if in fact only the last bid was not real) should be just back from $65k, right? So the current bidder is probably committed to $64k or $64.5k or something, right? If that's not the case, please let me know what I'm missing. I am not familiar with buying or selling cars on eBay.

20. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Good question.

The only other bid on the car was at my opening bid, which was $50,000. The bidder who retracted their bid, kept submitting lower bids until they hit my reserve. That's why the bidding got "reset" back to $50,000, below my reserve.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with this situation. My auction was essentially "ruined" by this deadbeat bidder, by exposing my reserve and then having the bid retracted.

However, I'm a dealer, and I am used to these kind of things happening. Gotta have a thick skin in this business. :) Unfortunately, there are deadbeat bidders out there, and that's one of the caveats about using eBay, especially an auction format listing.

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Up to the last 24 hours you can probe to find the Reserve by entering and retracting the bid, no idea what he was up to if the reserve had been met..

GLWS!

22. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Yeah, but in this case, the bidding was done long before the last 24 hours.

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Right, no bid retraction in the last 24 hours of the auction.

They know that too!

24. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Yes. Which was why I contacted the "potential" buyer days ago and asked if they were a serious bidder and if I could provide any more information about the car. Their response: "I'm not bidding for practice. I'm serious."

It's one thing to be a deadbeat bidder; eBay is full of them. However, it's even worse when they bring you through the entire charade and then retract at the last minute.

25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Well, I'm sorry that the bidding went like this and hurt your auction. At the same time, this is interesting to watch as I'm not familiar with eBay Motors and how bids, retractions, and such work in one of their car auctions. Seems like a lot on the line and lot they should be policing.