1988.5 328 GTS, Red/Tan | FerrariChat

1988.5 328 GTS, Red/Tan

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by thumpnyc, Jun 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    #1 thumpnyc, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    328 GTS, VIN ZFFXA20A9J0077372 (1988.5 USA model). This red/tan 328 has 34,950 miles on it and is ready to drive and enjoy. Original paint, Pirelli tires, converted AC, clean CARFAX, new battery, service records go back to 15K mile major. This car is in excellent shape and is receiving a new belt service as I am posting this. The service is being done by one of the highest regarded shops in Indianapolis and I can provide their phone number if desired.

A brief summary of the major components is as follows:

Mechanical:
    The car starts without issue, idles as expected, and is smooth throughout the RPM cycle. I have not experienced any hot or cold starting issues. All of the gauges stay solid at the normal operating levels, whether I drive for 30 or 200 miles. There are some complaints about 328s shifting into 2nd gear when cold, but I have never had that problem with this car. It does drip a little.

Service history highlights (excluding the standard oil/fluid changes) include:
    • 15K mile major in November, 91 at 15,569 miles
    • 30K mile major in October, 99 at 29,355 miles
    • New warm up regulator in May, 02
    • New Pirelli tires, Adjusted Transaxle Shifting, Drain/Refill Differential in July, 06
    • New alternator, battery, and converted air conditioner system in August, 06
    • Belt service: New timing belts, tensioners, auxillary belts (a/c belt, alt belt, etc.) in June, 07 at 33,068 miles
    • New battery in June, 13
    • Currently in process of getting new timing belts; June, 14 at 34,950 miles

I have a clean CARFAX report from when I purchased the car in June, 2007.

Exterior:
    While I am biased, I have seen a number of 328s and I haven’t run across a non-show car that I think is in better shape than this one. The car always impresses wherever I take it. There has never been any damage and, as like many others, this car has always been in a controlled environment. The paint is all original and it does have some of the normal marks that come with it being driven over 34K miles. The targa top seals are in great shape, as is the top itself. It fits very snugly in place. The trunk cover zips closed, but only one of the two sliders is usable. The car comes with a red Ferrari car cover.

Interior:
    The interior is two tone, with a tan “upper” interior (seats, top part of doors, roof) and black “lower” interior (carpet, lower part of doors). See the pictures to get the full view. I really like this combo since the carpets are the most likely area to get dirty and black hides this well. I have an extra floor mat for the driver side to prevent wear and tear on the Ferrari one. There are no cracks in the leather or the dash.

The internal controls for the AC, fans, heat, mirrors, and radio work as expected. Both the driver and passenger windows can be fully controlled from the driver’s side. The passenger side window control will roll the window up, but it won’t lower it for some reason. Since it works from the driver side I believe this to be a dirty control. This is one of the items currently being taken care of along with the belt service.

Miscellaneous
    - Has books and jack but no tools.
    - Car in located in Carmel, IN.
    - I posted a few pictures; if you want a specific shot just let me know.
    - Price: $48,900.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    #2 fiatosca, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    PM sent

3. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Does this car have boot space behind the engine like a Mondial?

Thanks

ceb39

4. AlexKeyWest

AlexKeyWest Rookie

Dec 31, 2013
    If I were 2 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter, I'd be all over this

5. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
  6. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    I am 6'5" tall and I fit. Much taller than that and there is likely an issue...

7. andrewsimba

andrewsimba Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    Noblesville, IN
    Full Name:
    Bryan Andrews
    I am interested in your car. Give me a call. 317 473 7555.
    Bryan Andrews

8. bmurphy

bmurphy Rookie

Jan 23, 2014
    can I contact you?

9. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    Thanks for all of the PMs and replies. I took a deposit on the car earlier today. Seller's remorse is already setting in. :-(

I will have the moderator change the status to "sold" once the transaction completes.

10. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    I am the happy new owner of this car. Seller's description was spot on - in some ways the car is better than described. Apart from a few very small easy to repair items (hood and hatch struts, window switch, slight crack in front turn signal), the car appears almost as new.

11. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congratulations to both seller and buyer. Jon