1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Euro, 20K Miles, Excellent Condition | FerrariChat

1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Euro, 20K Miles, Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Jul 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Website link (more pictures): 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS Houston, Texas | M. Brandon Motorcars

eBay listing: Ferrari 308 GTS QV | eBay

I am very excited to offer this 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole. This car is also a "Euro" car, meaning that it was not originally manufactured to US specifications. (The actual VIN number is ZFFLA13B000056411) The Euro 308 QV is the most desirable and collectible of the 308 series, with its subtle styling differences (deep front valance, smaller "racing" mirrors) and because it is the fastest of all 308 models, due to a "hotter" cam and lack of performance-choking emissions devices. Very few 1985 Euro 308s were brought to the US, making this a rare opportunity.

Clothed in the classic Rosso Corsa (red) paint over a Nero (black) leather interior, the condition of this car is excellent. And, in almost 30 years, this 308 has only covered 20,112 miles, owned for most of its life by two long-term owners.

The slight modifications to this car are period appropriate: a Tubi exhaust, Michelotti driving lights, metal pedals, and a chrome shift knob. In addition, this car was fitted with factory Borletti air conditioning, and the compressor has been upgraded to a higher-capacity unit.

The market has finally recognized the 308 as a classic and timeless Ferrari, and prices are increasing. If you are looking for a collectible 308, or if you simply want to own and drive a fantastic example, you would be hard pressed to find another one in this condition and mileage, and having such comprehensive documentation. I look forward to discussing this 308 QV with you; please contact me at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.

Price: $54,900
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That's a beautiful car!

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Bidding ended

Happily I assume.

4. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  5. Choakchai

Choakchai Rookie

Mar 6, 2011
    Agreed... It's beautiful!

I just sold my '85 308 GTS a few months ago and I still have separation anxiety.

6. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    that thing is just beautiful

7. Crockettsonny84

Sep 3, 2013
    Westerville, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Michael A Wilson
    Now thats a weird one... how is it that it's a euro model with the square lights, yet the rear valence cut is present?

8. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila

It was probably federalized for US - as it has US bumpers and side marker lights. It has the Euro engine cover (no cross car grille/vent). The tail light positions are in the incorrect location/swapped (easy fix of course)

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Not a critique as much as a question: Are those bumpers US versions? I've always thought Euro bumpers fit more flush with the body - at least on the early cars they seemed to.

10. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    looks like a nice car but federalized. The front bumper has the trim wings above it that only belong on the rear bumper.

11. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Bump. Still for sale.

To answer the bumper/federalization questions:

Yes, this car is a real European-specification car.
    Yes, this car was federalized when it was brought into the US; hence, the larger bumpers.

12. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch