1990 Ferrari 348ts-Rosso Red/Tan | FerrariChat

1990 Ferrari 348ts-Rosso Red/Tan

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by jerhofer, Jul 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    #1 jerhofer, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have decided to sell my 1990 Ferrari 348ts. I bought this car just short of a year ago and have enjoyed it a lot. Recently I developed some back issues and I may finally be old enough where I buy a sports car with an automatic!! Being a long time Porsche club member, a new Cayman with the PDK transmission might be attractive.

It has just over 37K miles and has been very well kept by previous owners. Back in December, I began a thread detailing the cam belt replacement. While the engine was out, I also replaced the water pump, the A/C compressor and converted it to 134A (Air is actually very cold in this car!) and installed a new clutch. I have put around three thousand miles on the car since the service and it has been faultless. The engine runs cool and, even with our recent 90 degree temps, the A/C will keep you cool. The dealer where I bought the car told me when I bought it that this was the best A/C they had seen on a 348 and they were true to their word.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/429582-ferrari-348-engine-out-service.html

The car has been regularly serviced by Tom Jones at Sport Auto in Summerfield, NC which is where I purchased the car. I have tons of service records on the car and the books and tools as well. While I had the engine out, I checked the brake pads and there is plenty of pad on every wheel. New synthetic brake fluid was installed when we bled the brakes after putting the motor back in the car. Everything works on the car as it should. The tires have lots of tread left.

The car still has its original single stage paint except for the lift out roof which was painted red at some point with a base/clear combination. Paint chips are very few for a 24 year old car and the overall condition of the exterior is very good to excellent. Same goes for the interior. There is some wear on the leather surface on the driver's seat but I would consider it to be in excellent shape considering the years and miles. The original wheels are in excellent condition. Those Ferrari Chat members who have seen the car will vouch for how nice the car is.

With the recent service and the new clutch, this is a car you should not have to do anything to for quite awhile. I am asking $48,900.

For more info, please call Jerry at 704-657-8320
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wildcat767676

wildcat767676 Formula Junior

May 20, 2011
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Gorgeous! Glws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Very nice example of a clean 348ts

4. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
  5. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
  6. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    What a stunner.

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  8. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I drove this car prior to getting a 360 from Sport Auto and I can attest that it is in excellent condition. The paint looks like new and the interior is gorgeous.
    Alan

9. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    Thanks for the kind words. I had two long conversations with prospects yesterday, one of whom is located in Asheboro, NC. Nothing counts until money passes hands but the talks were encouraging. The Florida guy wanted to trade me a stunning 2003 575M auto but, alas, it was way out of my price range.

10. blue_myriddn

blue_myriddn Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Nice detailed listing and a great looking car, best of luck for a good sale.

11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Great-looking 348! Good luck with the sale! :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

12. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    Thanks. The auction ends this evening.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Better jump in there Beaker!!!!!

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Stunning 348, and priced accordingly so.

15. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    Wow, a stunning example!

16. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Beautiful example!

Someone is going to enjoy a very sorted car

17. RyanM

RyanM Rookie

Jul 22, 2014
    Auction ended, reserve not met. There is a part of me....the greedy part....that hopes the car didn't sell so I can take a look at it in a couple weeks. However, the good neighbor side of me hopes you sold it, and got what you could live with for it.

18. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    You are more than welcome to drive to Rockwell to see it. Or I could meet you somewhere in between. You can call me at 704-657-8320.

Jerry

19. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    The front spoiler lip was getting pretty raggedy so I replaced it with a new one last week. $600 plus tax!!!!

I have a couple people interested from the eBay ad but no money yet. I did receive a $40k offer but I think it is worth more than that. Who knows. I will try to make the Winston-Salem C & C a week from Saturday.

Can't make Charlotte this weekend as I have to travel to Indiana for my 50th HS class reunion! Now you know how old I am!! Very old! I attended a small high school in SE Indiana with 100 students in our graduation class. Fifty have signed up to be there and the gal in charge says they know of at least 20 people who are no longer with us. So fifty is a pretty good percentage. Should be fun.

20. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I saw this car in person today and it will not disappoint if you are looking for a well loved 348. Owner is a great guy and true car enthusiast. This car is worth every penny of asking.

21. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    #21 jerhofer, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the kind words. And I really enjoyed our conversations. Ktr6 owns the 348 that used to be owned by Daniel at Ricambi. The car recently spent some quality time at Bradan's. The freshly done interior with 355 seats was exquisite. Beautiful car.

22. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I just have to say this is one of the prettiest 348s I've seen. I love the red with the black spoiler and rockers, just a gorgeous, clean 348 in a beautiful classic combination. Sounds like it's been maintained really well too. I'd love to own this car. GLWS!

23. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    Hi Jerry,
    Was wondering if this 348 is still available. Beautiful car, can I give you a call?
    I'm in California, would you assist with shipping and does it still have all the smog equipment installed.
    Thanks
    William

24. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    Still available. It has all of the smog equipment and I would assist with shipping. The number is: 704-657-8320

25. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    I'll call in the morning and go over some particulars. I'm very interested.

William