92 348TS FOR SALE W/SALVAGE TITLE | FerrariChat

92 348TS FOR SALE W/SALVAGE TITLE

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by zoowho2, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #1 zoowho2, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Looks like a nice car.

Good luck with the sale!

Mike

3. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    I looked for a 348 for months before I bought the gt4. This would've sold in a minute 3 months ago. Good luck beautiful car.

4. wildcat767676

wildcat767676 Formula Junior

May 20, 2011
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I'm sure it will sell this week! Best deal I've seen. I was a few months premature...

5. colorinc

colorinc Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Kasberger
  6. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Awesome deal. Another year or so and i would have jumped on it.

7. Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Hi.

I am interested but have a few questions please:

1. When was the last major service done? How many miles traveled since?
    2. Can you post/email/PM more photos showing interior, paint condition, body condition, etc?
    3. Any accidents, re-sprays, etc?
    4. How many owners?
    5. Clutch life?
    6. Any issues or problems you are aware of?

Sorry about all the questions, but would rather ask now rather than make an offer only to back-out once everything is known.

Thanks
    Vincent

8. bnels2348

bnels2348 Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    South Valley, UT
    Full Name:
    B
    +1. Beautiful car! I'm sure it'll sell quickly. I've realized there aren't too many like yours out for sale right now.

9. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the status of this sale? Sold - negotiating with a buyer - off market - ….?

Thanks
    Vincent

10. colorinc

colorinc Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Kasberger
    Hey Vincet... I chatted with the owner via email ... Salvage title ... So I'm out

11. jhemmer01

jhemmer01 Rookie

May 21, 2014
    Fairfax, VA
    Game changer.

12. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Minor detail omitted in the original post...

:)

Kai

13. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Appreciate the update! I'm out.

CheerZ
    Vincent

14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    haha talk about a minor detail left out..

15. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Should have put that in the original listing to save time for everyone.

16. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You have to much money, your a rich snob, an elitist or you just don't know what your really trying to say.
    Anyone who is an enthusiast and has a wish to drive/own a Ferrari, thrill at ownership and is stopped from that by a piece of paper is one of the above.
    Perhaps you should research what a salvage title means in each state before you jump in your perfect world.
    When ever I was contacted directly, the first bit of info I passed on was that the car had a salvage title.
    For 30k, this is a near flawless automobile in every way and to deprive ones self of owning a Ferrari is again, one of the above and probably paid more for a used chevy P/U truck.
    This offer is my way of extending to others not quite so priviledged, of owning and driving a dream. No piece of paper is going to make that dream better.
    So if your not interested in the car, don't waste my time and keep your opinions to your self, you have lost site of the thrill of the car and egos only get in the way Tom...71

17. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

At $30K, which I assume is under market for a clean title car, everyone should have been a little wary.

The problem, as the OP knows (otherwise he would have disclosed the title issue in his ad) is that most folks do not want a salvage title car, even if it is a bargain.

OP - verbally abusing the members here if they disagree with how you tried to sell your car is not going to entice buyers.

A simple explanation, without the attack on the member here, might have been wiser.

Now folks will steer clear of this stories car with an angry seller. :D

D

18. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    #18 mseals, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    And you, Sir, are name-calling.

That is NOT allowed on this forum.

The real problem with selling this car to someone 'not quite so privileged, of owning and driving a dream' is that they will face EXACTLY the same problem your facing when they go to sell it.

It has a salvage title. And, you should have disclosed that important piece of information immediately, and up front, in the first post of this ad.

But you didn't. And the problem with that is that your description of the car as 'near flawless' is now in serious question. As is everything you say about this car, and, well, any other car you might try to pawn off...err... I mean sell... on this site.

As Super Dave said above...a simple explanation, without the attacks, might have been more than sufficient... but that ship has sailed.

So, unless you continue your tirade, no ban... just a warning and an infraction.

The good thing about this is now EVERYONE knows it has a salvage title... and that might keep someone from thinking their getting a 'near flawless' car at a 50% discount from 'near flawless' prices.

Friendly advice, again echoing Super Dave: Don't be an 'angry seller.' Deals never get better with age, and a bad deal will just lay around and stink up the place.

Mike

19. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    A salvage title by definition, regardless of the state, means that the damage that occurred was higher than the value of the vehicle, and of course the more expensive the car, the more damage would have caused the salvage process. Now there is room for error here, perhaps the insurance company that salvaged it didn't evaluate it properly, maybe the damage was less than they thought, nevertheless, it is an irreversible action.

It is good that you were upfront about the title when contacted, it seems elusive however that it wasn't listed in the original ad and sets a tone for the sale to start with. The negative tone is only added to with your angry response above.

In the end I think your close to asking what someone is willing to pay for a car like this, I just don't think your market is amongst a purist audience on a Ferrari forum. I would Craigslist it or stick it on Ebay. GLWS.

20. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    A car is stolen, ins co pays off, car is recovered, owner wishes to buy it back from INS CO.
    Ins co sells it back to original owner the only way it can..with a salvage title.
    Each state is different in how it issues new title. Obviously.
    Keep in mind repair/parts costs for Ferrari..a 500 series car..a unpainted hood cost is 28k etc.
    So it does not take much to add up to causing a salvage title being issued.
    I have stepped on a few toes here as have mine been, again, if you let a piece of paper stop you from enjoying ownership and driving a Ferrari, it is a sad day for enthusiasts.
    So I extend my apology to those offended

21. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    I would like to thank all the wise Fchat members who have taken my side for one short sentence I posted. A salvage title could mean it was in some water, and then the electrics would be a life time nightmare. But the seller has further described why it has a salvage title. I do wish you the best on your selling of your car. PS I do wish I was a rich snob, but far from that, I just bought my first Ferrari ever, and it means a lot to me. I bought a champagne car on a beers salary. Howie.

22. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    I had forgotten about this as a possibility, not all stolen cars end up with a salvage title, but your right, some do. All the more reason to have disclosed this in the beginning, buyers will come up with their own reasons around a salvage, especially if they find out about it through a third party. Was your car in fact a stolen recovery?

I know how much parts cost for a Ferrari, I've been an owner on and off for 20 years.

You've not offended me, I was just pointing out that your response wasn't likely to help your sale, I certainly didn't mean to offend you by saying so.

23. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Tom,

Scott from MN here. You should have taken the $28K I offered you 5 months ago...oh well

24. zoowho2

zoowho2 Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2012
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You have the wrong vehicle, it was not for sale nor posted for sale at any point until now.

Tom

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Not always...and Ferraris, in my experience scare the *&^*^ , out of the carrier.

So, it's not a "value of the car" threshold.
    They quit at 80%, or even lower than that, in some cases.....

The adjustor has to go into this Twilight Zone of "What do I see now....what is a likely Supplemental Claim $$$ going to be?" and then finally "What are the future liabilities of putting this car back on the road to future owners, until the end of time??"

I have found all these "X + y + z (times the number of years humans will live on Earth)" make them say "^%$*^%$%$& it" and cut a check for stated value or current NADA $$$.

The other thing, as many here know, is they are quoting brand new parts at Ferrari Full Retail $$$. Plus installation.

I have had to tell the adjuster: "No new parts are available" maybe true maybe not :rolleyes: "so we are going to use 1976 -77 parts, as available in the world market, and I will sign off acceptance, upon completion of adequate repairs".

This kept the car in my hands, avoided this whole scene we are discussing, and off down the road I went.

IF they had done this from a theft/strip claim, and used top condition salvage seats and parts, you would avoid a Salvage Title. It takes a lot of work as the carrier just wants to move on, to a claim that is NOT a Ferrari!!!
    :D :D :D