308 GTSi 80 20K miles 28,500 obo | FerrariChat

308 GTSi 80 20K miles 28,500 obo

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by hyenahf, Sep 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #1 hyenahf, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a few inquires of my 80 GTSi…anyhow here are some details. 20,800miles, new factory replacement motor at 7000miles, grey/black boxer factory paint, euro spoiler.

I bought it from 2nd owner who’d owned it for the last 32 years. Always stored in a heated garage as rust free as can be. Driven sparingly every spring/summer. A local car here in Michigan that never left the area.

No, oil leaks, or smoke. Strong smooth as silk motor, idles rock steady at 900 and runs cool. 2nd gear syncros are weak. BBS wheels (spare unmounted cromodora), Abarth exhaust and Recaro C seats were dealer installed as I was told.

comes tools, jack, emergency lamp and owners manual but no service records although the water pump was replaced. Smog pump removed, 930 turbo emblem on the rear (no turbo)
    looking for a quick sale since a friend found me another (non-ferrari) car.

Asking 28,500 obo

If interested please PM your tele number. Its much easier for me to call since I don’t frequent fchat as often as I like.

Regards
    hf
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I don't often comment on cars for sale, but this one is striking! That's the word going through my head when I looked at it. I even like the seats.

Rick

3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes I agree, its a heck of a great looking car!! Nice price too! GL with the sale.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yeah, this won't last long.

Less than $30k? Sounds like a steal to me. :)

5. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Is this a CA car? PM sent

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Great looking car. Good luck with the sale.

7. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    That thing is pure 1980! If I had a garage space right now I would be all over it!

8. Renato

Renato Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2013
    New York
    Beautiful! GLWS

9. BrandSB

BrandSB Karting

Jun 11, 2008
    Canton, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Steve
    PM with phone number sent noon today.

10. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I know a guy who is looking for 1980 GTSi last five vin of 31313, this doesn't happen to be that #?

Thanks

11. Rob@VividRacing

Jul 15, 2014
    This car looks great. Good deal for someone.

12. 05roadsterguy

05roadsterguy Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Snohomish
    Full Name:
    Herman
    Not really digging the rims, but that is easily fixed. Otherwise it is a striking car, should go fast at that price

13. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Great car, great price, nice interior. Not big on the wheels, but that is just my personal opinion. I wish you a fast sell.

14. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Where is this car located?

15. BrandSB

BrandSB Karting

Jun 11, 2008
    Canton, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Steve
    2nd PM sent...is it still available?

16. scootergt3

scootergt3 Rookie

Aug 23, 2014
    Also sent a pm

17. WilD

WilD Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I bet his inbox is full of PMs at this point...

18. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    OMG those Recaros with the controls on the bolster are so ****ing cool...
    Awesome looking car, you shouldn't need much GL for this sale.

19. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    that's an awesome looking car!

20. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    What seats are those from?

21. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They *look* like Recaros that were also used in 70s/80s Porsche 911s.

22. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the wheels are the bbs forged racing wheels...they look awesome on a 308. my gtb qv has them dealer installed when new w/ p-7's like I think I see pictured. the wheel package is still sexy as can be.

that car is underpriced if it is as clean as pictures depict and w/ 20k miles. I suspect the seller will realize quickly that he has left money on the table. in any case, you will have no problem selling it!!!!

23. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

only in aftermarket tuner applications. the recaro super c's were not a factory option.

24. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Many thanks for all the kind words...

Anyhow, ive been trying to respond to all the PM's ive received in the last couple of days. I've spoken to about half of them so far. I appreciate the patience in my delay in responding to each one. as of now with all the inquiries, i hope to get through to everyone and hope to come a conclusion next monday. I will take in consideration on how much involvement i would need to send to car off to a new owner, i.e agreed offer, payment, inspection, shipping etc.

if i get a chance i will try to post up some addition pics of the undercarraige, engine bay, vin plate, tools, manual and what blemishes i can capture in the camera. I tried to post some up last night but encountered problems uploading them.

I like to be as candid as i can with the description on the car so there wont be any surprises with the interested parties to avoid wasting each others time.
    some further information here: car is in SE michigan, I dont have the original wheels, seats. the USA diaper was removed long ago when adapting the euro style Abarth exhaust. passenger side has a rubber strip along the waistline trench that adhesively bonded. the other one not mounted yet however i was just going to remove it for stock appearance but decided just to leave it as is.

the paint is original and presentable with no rust or previous crash damage I can detect. it is crazed in the top surfaces. you have get up pretty close to see them. this is pretty common with these cars in hot summer climate with the crappy factory ferrari paint. oil sending unit dosent work (common substandard veglia) the red idiot light dosent come on on the gauge itself meaning there is pressure. All the other instruments and lamps on the car works. even the clock which is fairly accurate (a rarity!). ive recently removed a remote Radar Detector underneath the dash (see pic) now the radio and the horn dosent work now. I must have dislodged some wires under the dash. The car is present here without any dealer type touch ups, re-dying, powerwash/undercoat or armored all spray on silicone to mask anything. its not a concourse type car but a very honest straight car.

Regards hf

PS Ferraripete is spot on with the wheels and seats. They are the earlier racing type BBS, I like they way the sit out flush with the fender lips when sighting down from the top. Im curious what width and offset/back spacing are so who ever purchase this car please let us know?

Yes those are recaro leather type C seats. They are powered and heated which still all works. You will find these in the high end Tuners of Koenig, Bachman B&B, Ruf etc… I was told who by a friend who worked at the local Ferrari dealership when this car was sold new that both the seats and wheels were each a 4K dealer option

25. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    last five of the vin happend to be #31313?

thanks