2000 Ferrari 360 - 20k miles, F1, Silver/Black, Cali | FerrariChat

2000 Ferrari 360 - 20k miles, F1, Silver/Black, Cali

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by nickt93, Oct 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    #1 nickt93, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2000 Ferrari 360 Modena
    F1 Transmission
    Mileage: 20k
    VIN: ZFFYU51A6y0120359
    Excellent condition!

Price: $59,500

This car is back up for sale; originally sold last month in this thread:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/459661-2000-ferrari-360-20k-miles-f1-2-owner-atlanta.html . The new owner has decided not to keep the car after discovering a minor incident listed on the Carfax report from 2001. As I understand it, this was an incredibly minor incident that occurred in a parking lot, at parking lot speeds, and that no body work was required. This minor incident doesn't even show up on the Autocheck report, but I wanted to make sure that is clear so that potential buyers don't have a surprise later.

This 360 has been lovingly maintained and was recently serviced at Ferrari of Atlanta. I am the second owner and have owned the car since 2002. I have a fully documented maintenance history with printed records back to 2007 (may be able to get additional records from the dealer if needed).

I've included pictures of the Autocheck report; you can also access it here: Welcome to AutoCheck

Private seller. Car is available for pick up in Palo Alto, California; willing to ship at buyer’s expense (I recommend DAS Auto Shippers; you can get a quote on their website here: Auto Transport Company | DAS | Dependable Auto Shippers).

Overview
    * Silver over black leather interior
    * F1 6 speed transmission
    * 20k miles (less than 2k per year!)
    * 2 owner
    * Dealer serviced at Ferrari of Atlanta
    * Garage kept
    * PDF’d version of the Ferrari 360 service manual. If you are mechanically inclined, you will find this invaluable for basic maintenance and repairs. (note: this is NOT the owner’s manual that is included with all cars. This is an 1124 page document that will essentially guide you through all maintenance and repair; great for DIYers).
    * Original MSRP of $147,725.

Exterior
    * Silver paint in great condition
    * Ferrari Challenge rear grill
    * Michelin Pilot Sport tires; minor curb rash on rims

Interior
    * Black interior
    * Leather seats in impeccable condition
    * Non-smoker

Maintenance
    * All services performed by Ferrari of Atlanta
    * All typical 360 issues have been addressed: 1) interior trim pieces have been professionally removed and cleaned to remove sticky residue that builds up over time; 2) battery was replaced <500 miles ago due to common battery draining issues on non-daily driven 360s.
    * Clutch shows 80% wear. Shifts smoothly and holds strong.
    * Major service completed <500 miles ago:
    1) Replaced timing belts and pulleys,
    2) Replaced all other engine belts (primary, power steering, alternator/water pump,
    3) Replaced and bled brake fluid,
    4) Flushed and replaced coolant,
    5) Replaced transmission fluid
    6) Replaced AC belt
    7) Performed oil and filter change.

Here's your chance to own a well-maintained, low mileage, two owner Ferrari 360 from a loving home! Don't take a chance on a car without a documented maintenance history. This car needs nothing except a new owner.

For more details call Nick at 678-637-2570.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014
    I'm confused, did he take possession of the car and then give it back to you?

3. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    No, he still has possession of the car (hence the relocation from Atlanta to Palo Alto). I am assisting in finding the car a new home :)

4. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Why are you helping. Is he returning to you?

5. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Did he register the car in California?

6. AKINSB

AKINSB Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Alex K
    Is that an oil leak on the walkway on the rear shot of the car?

7. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007

Because it feels like the right thing to do. I wanted whoever got the car to be delivered voted with the purchase, and since this wasn't the right fit for him I figured I would help. He is not returning the car to me - it will go directly from him to the buyer.

No, I do not believe so. I will verify.

No - water. That was just after washing the car. Good eye though!

8. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

How can he transfer the title if it's not registered in California?

9. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    #10 nickt93, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

If he has not yet titled the vehicle in California then he will simply sign the Georgia title over to the new owner.

10. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt

Isn't the Georgia title what you signed over to the current owner? Can it be transferred twice without a registration in there somewhere?

11. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I could be wrong but I don't think you can legally do this. If someone knows the answer I would love to hear it.

12. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    I just discussed with the buyer. He has not titled or registered the car in California, nor has he completed the title transfer information on the back of the title. So the title will just be transferred directly to the new owner.

13. Dos531

Dos531 Rookie

Aug 22, 2005
    People do this all the time. Maybe not strictly legal, but never had any issues. As long as the buyer info portion of the title hasnt been filled in, its easy.

14. rjg

rjg Rookie

Oct 23, 2014
    Your write up indicates "...clutch shows 80% wear.." Seems to me you will need a clutch soon?

15. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    Correct. I would expect the car to need a clutch in the next year or so depending on how much the new owner drives it.

16. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Technically illegal, but flippers do it all the time. You would need to be the one who writes and signs the bil L of sale. If the new owner signed the title, he needs to register it. No way around that.

17. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    Tons of interest, but the car is still available for the moment.

$59.5k is an incredible deal for a 20k mile 360. So...hurry up ;)

Appreciate everyone's input. The title has not yet been signed over, so all of the discussion about title transfer is a moot point for this transaction. So, for any further discussion related to title transfers please start your own thread.

18. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    Price drop: $57,900

19. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    Looks like great deal for someone, one note.... interior is gray, not black.

20. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
  21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Really nice looking car!!

GLWS!

22. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    #23 Enzojr, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Your chance to say oops .......
    You mentioned an item on the "Carfax" but have no Carfax attached, just the Autocheck report and I see no incident on there ?
    Also page "2" of the service records are not posted, just page 1 and 3, so no explanation of the $5000 plus spent. Also a claim of major done 200 or 500 miles ago means nothing to me if it was done 5-8 years ago ...... So the date the major service was done ?
    ... Maybe a description of the "minor" incident in the parking lot ?
    Also if "no" body work was required from the parking lot incident, how did a Carfax entry for it get on the Carfax ?
    Just curious ........

23. nickt93

nickt93 Rookie

Mar 10, 2007
    A lot of questions for a guy who is "just curious" ;)

Carfax reports are generated from a number of different sources. I imagine this one came from a police report. It should be noted that Carfax didn't even begin reporting this incident until almost 8 years later. My understanding of the "incident" was that the 360 was backed into another vehicle in a parking lot at low speed, and despite the fact that there was not damage to either car they filed a police report in case any hidden damage was disovered later.

Here is a screen shot of the carfax report:

[​IMG]

Page 2 of the service record; my apologies it was originally omitted. The date the service was completed is noted on all three pages: July 30th, 2013.
    [​IMG]

24. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Let me know if you ever get the car back to GA.

-Ken in FL