86 328 GTS FOR SALE | FerrariChat

86 328 GTS FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by meandmyredcorvette, Nov 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. meandmyredcorvette

meandmyredcorvette Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 meandmyredcorvette, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Unfortunately with great reservation, I have decided to sell my 1986 red/tan Ferrari GTS to make room for a new purchase. 42K pampered miles.The car is in excellent condition! Runs and drives great. Clean car fax. No stories and no surprises. Exceptionally Clean. New interior. Car just underwent complete inspection with major fluids replaced, check valve replaced, accumulator replaced, engine seal replaced to correct oil leak and belt service to be performed next week. Car runs like a top! Car has been meticulously maintained with previous major service performed in 2010. Tools and documentation. Asking $62,500. Please PM me if you have an interest. Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    Nice car! I can't imagine what other car would cause you to sell it! Lol

3. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
  4. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    1998 Viper GTS R (1 of 100) with 379 original miles from original owner, still in plastic. Very Rare find! Had to do it.

5. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just got word that the belt service has been completed including changing of tensioner bearings. Shop owner said all looks great!!

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

How long did you have it? How many miles did you put on it?

7. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    This is the second 328 GTS that I have owned and one of several ferraris that I have owned. I purchased this car from one of my best friends recently who has twin 5 year old boys that required more of he time that expected. He simply did not have time to drive the car and decided to sell it. I bought the car with the intent to drive it on the weekends but as I said I had an opportunity to buy one of my dream cars that I found by fluke and had to have it. Although I am not forced to sell the car, I prefer to sell her simply due to space and storage limitations. I typically drive my collectible cars on weekends only and put about 1000 miles a year on each car so I basically had very few miles on the car. I sent it to the shop to make all necessary repairs and belt service before I found the GTS R that I just bought.

On another note,my friend also has a 4 post car lift for sale practically new if anyone has an interest. He is looking for $2K for it.

8. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Is title in your name or your friend's name?

9. Saint Gilles

Saint Gilles Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Gilles de Prevoisin
    My dear friend, it was nice to see your name in here!
    Best regards,
    Gilles

10. Saint Gilles

Saint Gilles Rookie

May 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Gilles de Prevoisin
    My dear friend, it was a nice surprise seeing your message here, Italians car rock!
    regards,
    Gilles

11. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The title is registered in my name

Thanks!

12. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Thanks for clarifying - wasn't sure if it had been transferred when you said "recently" - car looks good. I am really looking for a GTB, but... Regardless, looks like a well cared for car.

13. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Thanks!

I am confident that it will find a home. I am fastidious as can be and when I sell a car I make sure that it is right! The new owner will have no surprises and can be happy knowing that their new car was recently serviced and that they can drive it cross country without reservation.

14. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Can you post the VIN or pm it if you feel more comfortable?

Is the AC still R12 (freon)? If so, when was the last service?

-F

15. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #15 meandmyredcorvette, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    Vin # is ZFFA2049G0061665

In addition to the current belt service and maintenance, the following work was performed by Corfee Car Care, 2401 Manning Street, Sacramento, Ca prior to me acquiring the car:

2/10/14 - replaced passenger side seat belt retractor
    6/29/11 - replaced front crank and rear main seal
    1/8/11 - replaced tires
    6/4/10 - Major belt service, replaced belts, tbelt tensioners, water pump, set cam timing
    replaced pressure plate, release bearing, clutch disc and leaned housing of old disc, replaced plugs, wires, air filter, distributor cap, rotor and disc cap gaskets and orings, replaced oil, oil filter, resealed engine and gear box oil sumps, completely flushed out brake hydraulic system, performed complete A/C service (recover, EVAC, leak test and recharge.

Hope this helps!

This car is a great driver! A great car to take to cars and coffee and can be driven as a daily driver. It is not a concours show car. Again, I would rate the car as follows:

Mechanical - 9
    Interior - 9.5
    Exterior - 8
    Drivability - 9

The only thing that appears does not work is the clock. Everything else appears to be working properly.

16. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    That all looks great. So just to be clear, is the AC system an R12 (Freon) system?

-F

17. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Yes

It is a R12(Freon) system.

18. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Yes

It is a R12(Freon) system.

19. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have decided to reduce my asking price to let my car go to a good home. As most prudent consumers, we use several guides to assist us in valuing our vehicles. Some of my vehicles are insured through Hagerty Insurance. I find Hagerty's website very helpful in placing a value on my cars through their valuation tools. I also use NADA and KBB for assistance. I am reducing my asking price to $54,100.00 based on these guides. Please feel free to pm me or call me if you have additional questions or would like to purchase my car. I do have some contacts that may assist on providing a quote for transporting the car. I will be more than happy to hold the car in my garage for a few weeks until it can be picked up as I will need the garage space shortly thereafter for my new car.

Thanks!

20. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Why isn't it a concours car? Those numbers indicate it is?

21. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #21 meandmyredcorvette, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    I would consider a concours car 10's all across the board or at least a #1 car. My car is not a #1 car. My car is a #3/#2 car in my opinion. I have owned some wonderful cars and tend to be conservative with my views and opinions. You may see the car and think it is better than described. I do not want to overstate a car's condition simply to sell the car. Honesty is the best policy. Like I said, it is a nice driver that looks and drives great that has been recently serviced. She is worth what I am asking for her and I believe the new owner will be very pleased with the car. She is very clean and dependable. The car is 28 years old and is in excellent condition for its age. I would consider the 1998 viper that I just bought with 400 miles a concours/ #1 car.

22. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Maintenance and belt service have now been completed and I am picking car up tomorrow if anyone would like to come out and perform a visual inspection. I appreciate everyone's interest and questions.

Thanks!

23. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Car is home. Car drives unbelievably great! Took car to cars and coffee today and it was a big hit. Folks were amazed at the condition of the car. Although the paint has been restored at some point in her lifetime, she is presentable enough that I had several folks in particular comment how nice the paint looked and how good of a condition the car is for being 28 years old. She is a great driver that you can be proud of and know that you will get a crowd around her anywhere you go including a bunch of thumbs up. Even a guy in a minivan was videotaping this piece of fine art as he tried his darnest to stay up with me :)

24. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #24 meandmyredcorvette, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just got done detailing this beauty now that she came back from the shop and I can honestly say that I have sellers remorse. I just spent over $5200.00 on the service in addition to other small improvements that I am making including replacing the center caps on all (4) wheels with correct ones. I drove the car this weekend and it is just too nice to let it go for my previous asking price especially with the recent belt service. My new firm asking price is $65K. Based on recent auction results and rise in pricing in the current market, that is what it is going to take for me to let her go at this point. All previous offers and counters are null and void. Please don't make me any offers as the new asking price is firm. Here are some additional pics that I took today. Please pm me if you have any questions or if you are ready to do something.

Thanks!

25. meandmyredcorvette

Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino