F355 Red/Tan 6Speed Berlinetta or GTS (offer cash) | FerrariChat

F355 Red/Tan 6Speed Berlinetta or GTS (offer cash)

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by F355GTB6Speed, Nov 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    #1 F355GTB6Speed, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    I'm looking for a Red/Tan F355 6Speed (manual) Berlinetta or GTS. I'm looking for the best car I can find (good paint and interior) with good service history and I can pay in cash.

2. vito308

vito308 Rookie

Aug 29, 2009
    i have that car. Give me your number and I'll call you.

3. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    did i miss a memo or are people offering to pay with something other than cash?

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    it could be a loan, which means the process is slower, and the approval is not automatic. The transfer of title to a 3rd party gets in the way.

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    You can buy a Gallardo with 7 credit cards.

6. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    Let's also not forget the Bitcoin :)
    [​IMG]

7. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    #7 F355GTB6Speed, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  8. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    Btw it seems that Vito has a great car in his stable but I just couldn't justify spending the requested amount for a car w/o major, stickies and with possible (near future) need for valve guides and headers.

So I'm still looking guys, let me know if you have something available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
  10. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos

Thank you Jimmy!
    I did PPI and drove this car but after spending $1400 in tickets, hotels PPI etc I felt it wasn't worth to buy it.
    It wasn't extremely clean and needed some TLC along with some MAJOR stuff like the valve guides. When you factor everything in, you could get a better (lower millage and more taken care off) car for less money.
    The problem is that cars with these specs don't come by as often, so I'll probably need to patiently wait looking at ads for long time.

11. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    sent you a PM

12. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Already?

13. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    Thank you, I just replied!

14. gmbjr

gmbjr Karting

Dec 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You did the right thing to pass on that car. That whole deal sounded shady at best, criminal at worst.

I spent a year looking for the "perfect" GTS. I finally had to realize these are 15-20 year old cars and none of them are perfect. They weren't perfect when they left Maranello. Find the best example you can and then move aggressively. The good ones don't last but a few days. I'm very glad that I finally "settled" for the car that I bought. I had it locked up the day it went on the market. The good ones are never cheap and the owners don't usually deal much.

15. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have to second this. These are used cars. For practical purposes they are old used cars. Many people think that the average 355 selling in the $55-65k range is going to be perfect. It's not. Not even close. Live with an imperfect car or spend an extra $20k at purchase or after to make it that way.

To the OP - if you want that perfectly spec'd car take the first good car you find at a fair price. Sounds like the first one mentioned here was far from good and were wise to pass on it.

Good luck in your search!

16. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Fantastic advice. And, much better avatar, Steve :)

17. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    You are right, I agree with you Steve!

18. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Me thinks he means actual hard currency......brief case style....

19. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    Surprisingly you can carry $50-60K in your pockets without to much effort...not talking about a multimillion supercar here, just a F355.

20. jonaspwr

jonaspwr Rookie

Nov 2, 2013
    Westwood, California
    I have the cleanest 355 red/tan manual in the country. Contact me at 310-962-6222 Jonas

21. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    I just saw you message and I'm almost to pull the trigger on another supercar (I came here to close the thread), I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss!

22. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Even with attention to detail none of them are perfect.

I'd like to know how someone knows they have the best example in the country?? Have you gone and inspected the rest if the cars in the whole United States? Fat Fing chance. That statement is such BS.

23. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos

They same way they know they are the best drivers and they have the most beautiful wife or girlfriend! 😛😛😛
    They obviously don't!

That said it's good enough for me if at least the owner seems to think that they have the best car in the US because even if they don't chances are that it won't be the worst - and believe me I have wasted a lot of money and time looking at bad cars!

24. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Don't mean to hijack but I am also looking for the same car. Berlinetta preferred over the GTS, but would be happy with either.

25. F355GTB6Speed

F355GTB6Speed Karting

May 22, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Christos
    Well if that's the case you should be happy to know that there will be less competition since I actually decided to get a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Don't get me wrong, I always had and will have a soft spot for a F355 Berlinettas but there are getting hard to find in the US. Berlinetta are the ones produced in highest numbers but for some reason we didn't get that many in the US. So far most cars I found were either problematic or their owners were expecting extremely high dollar value.

On ebay most F355 berlinettas sell between $40-50K, some super clean ones are asking for $59K and don't even meet that.
    1998 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta 6SPD | eBay

I like the F355 so I was even willing to spend 10% more and go all the way to $65K (which I think is too much). Surprisingly most owners here will ask for $80K for cars that need headers, stickies, have delayed major services or for cars with not extremely low miles (40K miles or so). I think $80K or 100K will be a good price in the next 10 years for the cars with low miles but I'm not willing to spend so much in the F355 right now.

Instead I decided to spend more than $90K and get a 2004 Audi - oh I'm sorry I meant Lamborghini Gallardo. Hopefully the Gallardo will be less prone to failures and I'll also be able to race it (which was my plan with the F355 too). You see the other problem is that for some reason the F355s have valve issues, I know it supposed to be only at the very early models but the car that I spent $1500 to go see in texas was a 97 and still had valve issues. That makes me believe that there is something inherited in the design of the engine or the head or the cooling (let's not forget it was the first engine breaking the 100hp/lit) which makes these cars prone to valve and header issues.

Taking the Gallardo for PPI tomorrow, fingers crossed it will pass the PPI - I hate to re-live the Texas story...