1985 Ferrari Mondial QV Cab Red/Tan | FerrariChat

1985 Ferrari Mondial QV Cab Red/Tan

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Sweet928, Dec 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    1985 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet Red/Tan. Excellent condition. All records going back a dozen or so years including the original window sticker. All tools, spare tire, etc are there. Third Owner. Timing Belt done in Nov 2013. Well sorted mechanically. NO oil leaks. AC blows cold. 48k miles. I bought her over a year ago and love it. My first Ferrari - I wish I did it (bought one) years ago. Front seats were replaced with matching color tan leather. It's running on the metric tires which are in good shape with good tread. I just bought an additional set of later ABS 16" wheels which need to be refinished. They come with good tires. I wasn't planning on selling her ever, but have decided to go for a 12 cylinder Ferrari now that I realize they are not as delicate and hard to own as the internet would have you think. If this is your first Ferrari - Just go for it. These are simple cars and gives you all the spirit and experience of a era gone by....i.e. Hardly anyone makes real manuals anymore! This is the real deal. V8, mid engine, gated shifter, drop top prancing horse experience. Add to that back seats you can put your kids in. There is nothing at any price that can offer you this much. These cars really are underpriced. They are likely to go up but don't buy it to speculate. Buy it to drive it as Enzo would have wanted! Please serious buyers only. How could I not mention the incredible sound of that Ferrari exhaust! Title is free and clear and will only be provided upon wire transfer to my account or cash in person. PPI welcome at your expense.

Car is Located in Montville, NJ

24,900 or B/O.

Click the link below for pictures.

Ferrari Mondial QV Cabriolet 1985

2. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
  3. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Great price, GLWS.

4. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Thanks. More pictures added. It's also on Ebay. I think the reserve is quite fair.

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'd be very interested if it were any other color combo. Nothing against the car, just too many red cars in my garage currently.

Good luck

6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Damn - and you are in NJ too. I want a 3.2 so I can drive a Ferrari with my wife and kids, but that would require selling one of my other cars, which I'm not ready to do.

Great price - the car looks fantastic. Good luck with the sale and with your quest for the 12-cylinder. I had a similar epiphany with my E-Type - they aren't anywhere near as fragile as they were painted out to be.

Have any pics of the 16" wheels?

7. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Thanks guys. The wheels are now added to the CL link. Happy holidays.

8. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Oops. The wheels are not added. I'll upload them later tonight.

9. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Wheels added to the CL link.

10. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Reserve off at 22k on ebay. BIN 24,900. Going, going....

11. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I assume that this car did sell in December? If not I am interested.

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    pretty sure this one did. I'm searching too, I know of several in that price range PM if you want some leads.

13. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Sold in a few days. It was a well sorted but not perfect car in driver quality with records and recent TB. Seems that I could have got a few more $$$ but I pref to sell to someone local who came and really checked out the car.

14. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Excellent. Thanks for the reply.

15. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
  16. Cadillacbart