1995 456 GT | FerrariChat

1995 456 GT

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by johnglobaljet, Jan 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm interested in a fair-priced 1995 456 GT "driver" with solid documentation. A well-maintained car with 20-50K miles and minor cosmetic flaws okay. Neutral/light color interior preferred. Exterior color not as important. Will consider low mileage examples, but not too interested in a collector car. Of course a thorough PPI will be essential in any case.

I have owned a 1974 Porsche 911S for half of my life--and recently put $27k into "deferred maintenance", so I understand rolling money pits. But, as Jeremy Clarkson said in Top Gear S4 E3 2004 (driving a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale), "I'd like to consider a Ferrari as a scaled down version of God while a Porsche 911 is a jumped-up Volkswagen Beetle." My 2.7L S coupe is light, fast & fun, but my body is older and creakier now...I'm looking for a gentleman's Ferrari (2+2 for the kiddos).

2. NYCpersian

NYCpersian Rookie

Feb 25, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Hooman
    My brother has an '01 M GTA that we're getting ready to sell if you want to go down that route. Good luck in your search.

3. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you for the post, but I am looking for a '95. Any other year would have to be an outstanding price for a six-speed manual. Who out there has a '95 456 GT sitting in a garage not being driven due to deferred maintenance (which will not get better with time)? My '74 911S sat for 4 years and I paid dearly for that mistake. (It's sweet now and I drive it twice a week after 19 months at Flat Six Inc--but I still have another $5k of "minor" stuff to resolve)

Time to clean out the garage for 2015, get that 456 GT to the shop and find out what needs doing. You can then decide to keep or sell. Maybe we can work a deal?

4. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    I'm getting ready to sell a 2000 456GTA with 29k that need minor work but nice running car in Silver/gray leather. What's your budget? Any interest, let me know

5. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    At this time I'm only looking for GT or possibly M GT with manual trans. My body may be older and in need of a comfortable grand touring car, but the kid in me has always dreamed of that gated shifter.

6. mitchy965

mitchy965 Karting

John,what would you consider "fairly priced"?

7. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    By "fairly priced" for a '95 456 GT (or '96, etc.), I mean the price properly reflects current condition & any deferred maintenance requirements. The three pricing sources I've looked at (below) are fairly consistent. Of course, a 456 six-speed in the right place at the right time that suits me perfectly could get an "over market" bid from me.

Hagerty '95 456 GT: $32K daily driver up to ~$50K for "flawless"

Ferrari Mkt Lttr "Asking Price Index" (average) for all 456 GT: current issue $43,823

NADA '95 456 GT "retail": low-$38,700; avg-$45,700; high-$53,200

The trouble is, these low prices are probably keeping a lot of nice cars locked away off market. But my understanding is that these cars can be pretty costly if you let them sit. Is the market going to go up faster than the required maintenance in 2015?

I'd also consider a 456 M GT and those prices are somewhat higher. High retail is $69,000, but I think the black one listed this weekend on Craigslist for sale in Encino CA with 7500 miles and "minor interior flaws" at $74,000 is over the top.

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  9. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    I do not believe that the red '95 456 GT out of Chicago is for sale. That ad, which posted on many sites, has been online since 2011 I think. If someone knows something about the current status of that car, please post.

10. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    That ad has been on GLOBAl forever, PS anyone on looking to sell a '95 GTA, I am contemplating selling my AM DB7 for an Auto; while it is a rare car(only about 16 were manual) I have been diagnosed with another disc problem.....and my hips are not getting any more fluid...I have 3 manual cars and need a auto at some point. High mileage does not bother me if the maint. has been done regularly, thanks, Dogdoc

11. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I don't know the source of this information, but if you think you can buy a properly sorted and well documented 456gt for these prices then you must be on crack or something stronger. A proper gated 456 will not sell at the price levels listed.

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    So what's the market then for such a car?

13. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Hagerty is always well below market. Ferrari news letter is always behind the real time market, and NADA is a dealers best friend. Depends on the car, service history, options, etc., but the proper car I think should be +/-$65K.

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I paid 82K for a 2K mile 03 456 MGTA about a year ago

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    As per the Ferrari Market Letter comment, I guess it depends on which way the prices are trending in the first place because every model and type doesn't move in tandem over time.

16. Thad1

Thad1 Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    NE GA
    Full Name:
    Sam Donaldson
    John,

PM sent.

17. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for posting. How many miles have you driven since buying? What has your experience been with the car so far? Was there a PPI before the sale closed that helped support the price?

John

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Nor will the "M" or the Schumacher Edition.....those are special cars.

The last one I saw offered was a nice red/black 6 speed.
    A no sale at $55K it was withdrawn from the market.

I spotted a nice red metallic GT "M' last week that was "not for sale"..

Good luck in your search!
    I like them too!!

20. Northman

Northman Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2014
    Laurentian, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Denis Gauthier
    +1 my 2001 456M manual with major belt/all fluids maintenance and new Bridgestone tires with 15,000 miles cost me $ 70,000.
    You either get a price or a car and the budget will be affected accordingly, my suggestion is to go for the most properly maintained one you can find (maybe from a fellow member) and enjoy fully.
    Best of luck with the quest.

21. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    Here's a current offer somewhat in line with Hagerty, Ferrari Market Letter and NADA...

Canna Di Fucile Metallic with Blu Scuro interior for sale by Michael Sheehan 1995 456 GT. Asking $49,000. Originally owned by Mike Tyson. In December I called a collector in So Cal looking for leads on available cars, and was told that the most recent owner of this car died in a motorcycle accident. Today I noticed the car up for sale. Also, I heard this car may have been damaged and repaired some time in its past, but I have no direct knowledge nor details and have not gone through the carfax. I like the dark gray very much, but I'm not keen on the Blu Scuro interior.

22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White