One of a Kind 308 GTS | FerrariChat

One of a Kind 308 GTS

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Bones2U, Jan 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    #1 Bones2U, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This 308 GTS must be seen.

No expense spared and all of the Service records from birth are provided, including the original bill of sale. A major service was just completed and includes a full Valve Adjustment, Belts & Bearings, all new gaskets, alternator, Water Pump service, new Brakes front and back....Over $12,000 spent on service in the last 3 years.

This is a one of a kind car that you won't see anywhere else. It has been converted to use:

- Electronic Ignition
    - Dry Sump System
    - Coil Over Suspension
    - Roll-Cage
    - Full 5-Point Simpson Racing Harness
    - 355 Brakes and rotors for added stopping power

...all from Nick Forza Performance.

Engine has Michellotto cams, valves, and pistons.

New seats and interior components,

Birdman Fuse Box Fix.

Paint is only 4 years old and done by one of the best shops in Toronto (pictures provided of paint job and work completed).

Keep up with the 355 and yet have the look of the classic 308. Car will be sold certified and a CarFax report will be included with the sale.

I welcome any inspection done by any authorized Ferrari dealer or known 3rd party mechanic. I know all of them and can help guide you in the right direction for this area (you can also do a search in the Canada section).

Car was featured in the Prancing Horse Magazine of The Ferrari Club of North America.

All service for the car has been done at Daytona Auto Service for the past 10 years of ownership.

No expense spared!

I have the original Tool Kit, Service Booklet, Light, and Keys!

Hurry, as it will be going back into storage soon. Go see the rest and then come buy the best....Call Marlon @ (416) 884-6438. Serious enquires only….

$59,999 or best offer. No agents please!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I can vouch for the seller as being a straight shooter and am familiar with this car. If you are the kind of buyer who likes a little modification to their car then this car is a real find as the selling price is a fraction of the build cost. Most 308's need quite a lot of work and this is a true turn-key car that has been enthusiast owned and well cared for.

3. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Man... that is pretty!

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Really cool.

5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Mileage ?

6. piezopaul

piezopaul Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2014
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This is my first post. I'm stalking the website and learning until I'm ready to buy later this year. I had a BMW 3.0 CSL that was a lot like this. Some sensitive mods that made it a blast to drive and own. I think this car would be a lot like that and if I Was ready, it would be high on my list! GLWS!-Pau

7. ColoradoTiger

ColoradoTiger Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This strikes me as an INCREDIBLY good value! I ought to know having done a ton of modifications to my car, many of them similar to those listed above.
    There is NO WAY anyone could come anywhere close to this without spending much much more money.

Good luck with your sale. I hope you get every penny. For the record, I think you are way underpriced.
    m.

8. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    46,000 Miles or 74,500 Kms

9. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Cheers Rob....Happy New Year to you and your family.

M.

10. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Thanks, but as we all know the market determines the price....I'd like to get $100,000 but that isn't realistic. The Michelotto engine work was done at Ferrari of Ontario in the late 1980's for $22,000! Some of the bills I have are quite scary. Not for the faint of heart.....

11. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Welcome Paul! This place gets very addictive.......very fast.......

12. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    #12 Bones2U, Jan 4, 2015
  13. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Down to $58,000

14. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Perhaps because its just a main hoop, not a 'cage'. The harness mounting looks scary.

15. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I don't track the car so I only use the lap belts anyways. I'm sure the whole thing can be removed easily or beefed up if needed.

16. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice :)

17. 550v12SABI

550v12SABI Karting

Mar 29, 2012
    Long Island, N.Y US
    Full Name:
    Steve in NY
    Wow beautiful and GLWS

18. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I'd highly doubt it will keep up with the 355 but very nice 308. I really like the stance on it. Beautiful car.. Good luck with the sale.
    Amazing, couple of years ago you could have bought a nice one for around $25K.

19. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Thanks Steve. Every time I've thought about selling it I usually just end up taking it off the market. She will be a hard one to let go and replace.

20. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    #20 Bones2U, Jan 6, 2015
    I've personally done it and know from experience. Besides, you can only go so fast out on the freeway. She is a blast to drive.

As far as getting one for $25K, I've never seen one at that price that didn't need a total restoration.

Picture of the Suspension from Nick Forza.

21. tjgreen27

tjgreen27 Rookie

Sep 16, 2005
    Great looking car!

good luck with the sale. didn't you have it for sale last year for 45ish. They've appreciated that much?

22. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I believe they have gone up $10K in the last year. That's about it.

M.

23. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Why even respond to a guy who has 2 posts in 10 years. He was looking for a car in early 2013 and is probably still looking. Actually, probably not, as he has no clue on the current market.

Yes, 308s have gone up that much and extremely nice cars have doubled.

GLWS, I'm sure you will find a buyer, if someone is looking for a great car to drive.

24. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I didn't even notice that he only has 2 posts...LOL. We all know what it takes to get a car to this level AND KEEP IT THERE. The maintenance costs are high and the values don't justify the expenses. Only the true enthusiast will spend the money it takes to keep these cars going. I'm glad to be one of those guys.

I have been getting some great response.....and even one serious offer (although no deposit yet). She is still available but I have a feeling that it will be gone by the end of the week.

Cheers everyone!

25. blue_myriddn

blue_myriddn Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Great looking wheels on that car! I am a fan of original equipment, but those wheels really work with the lines on the car.

Best of luck with the sale.