WTB gated 6 spd 430 coupe | FerrariChat

WTB gated 6 spd 430 coupe

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by tomdeg, Jan 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomdeg

tomdeg Karting

Apr 19, 2011
    Hi,
    Porsche guy here, looking to get my first Ferrari.
    I'm looking for a red gated 6 spd coupe. My wish list would be;
    Red exterior/Black interior
    Scuderia Shields
    Park sensors
    Daytona seats
    low miles
    books and records

I've been searching the usual places, (auto trader,ebay, cars.com, etc) but not having any luck.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

2. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    I'm looking for the same thing, starting to think they don't exist. I know MG has a spider, but I want a coupe.

3. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #3 mtmilam, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They come up once and a while...but rare and you'll pay a premium over a F1 transmission...maybe 15%-20% more or so...I found one just by Luck, here are F Chat ......just happen to be reading this section one night when he first posted it for sale.....Just keep looking........I wouldn't get to concerned with color and all the other options.....unless you want to wait a year or more.....But they do come up.......I just wanted a 6 speed and the Color has really grown on me...Grigio Alloy....I thought I wanted Another Red Ferrari :D until now :D Good LUCK. worth the wait
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I recall seeing a Black/Black gated Berlinetta recently for around 170k. In that price range makes you debate whether or not a Scuderia is the better bargain.

5. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    I posted a WTB ad, just like you, and someone contacted me via PM to tell me he was thinking about selling. He never even advertised it. Just keep bumping your post so it's on the first or second page, and maybe you'll get lucky like I did! I think it took me 3 months of constant searching before I was contacted. Worth the wait ;-)

Good luck!

PS- I'm a Porsche guy as well. I've owned my '77 Carrera 3.0 for 28 years (!!!)...and it looks like I'll be selling it this year to help pay for the Ferrari. That's gonna be a sad day.

6. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    So true... When I was selling my TR, I had several real buyers. It didn't take me that long to sell. Some of them keep contacting me as friends. Fchat is a great place to connect.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  8. hoobury

hoobury Rookie

Feb 5, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm also looking for a 3 pedal 430 (or 360). Silver with a light interior (no nero or Scuro or Bordeaux). Grigio Alloy is the first choice. Ideal car would be Mark's in a coupe but I know he's not selling!

Red tan is a backup.

If I can find the right color combo, I'd take a spider (see above about Mark's car).

I'm fine with 20k-25k on the 360 but would like a 430 with lower mileage. Under 15k.

Have seen all the ones listed above (and many other 360's). Will give it a few more weeks and see what else comes up before acting on any of those (if they're still available).

9. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    #9 sunir, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    They take a good deal of waiting and searching. Plus digging through the ads most of which are mis-advertised as 6 speed when they are F1. Also for sure they will fetch a premium, and I think w time they will become harder and harder to find. You'd also be more likely to find a 3 pedal spider as they made 2/3 of the gated spider vs. roughly 1/3 gated Berlinettas of the 5 year production period.

10. R5Turbo2

R5Turbo2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 14, 2014
    There's a Black/Black one for sale in Detroit.

11. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Sometime in the next few months, I'll be selling my Yellow/Black coupe, three pedal.

Art

12. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    you guys should take advantage of the crappy canadian dollar!
    Here you go

2006 Ferrari 430 for $124,000 in Woodbridge | autoTRADER.ca

If you need someone to check it out in person let me know, it's very close to me. i can also get you in touch with top notch transports and brokers ( i buy cars from all over, even Japan lol so i know who does a good job) so it would be painless

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Seems easier to find a 430 spider that's gated than a coupe.

Robb

14. hoobury

hoobury Rookie

Feb 5, 2009
    Virginia
    You are definitely correct that its easier to find a gated spider than a coupe.

My speculation is that it's b/c either the coupe people are hanging on to theirs, or else the coupes get snatched up immediately so on a casual search, all you see listed are spiders.

I also know a lot of coupes never make it to market. Since my search began, I've talked to multiple dealers that are already looking for the same car for other clients. I'm guessing that when a coupe gets traded in, its sold off a waiting list without ever making it to autotrader/ dupont/ eBay.

I have read (like Sunir) says above, that there were more gated spiders made, but I'm not sure anyone knows that for sure yet on the F430 since we don't even know how many F430's total were made.

So it could be more spiders made so more spiders available. Or they just come on the market more and stay on the market longer.

15. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm pretty sure our local dealer delivered more coupes than spiders with sticks but the numbers are so small, they are not statistically significant. However, in the US, the ratio of spiders to coupes overall (not counting scuds) is at least 2/1, maybe 3/1 so it would not be surprising if there are more 3 pedal spiders in total even if the percentage is smaller.

Dave

16. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    More spiders than coupes in the 3 pedals. but still so few 3 pedals were produced that the numbers are still very low. the approximate fractal split for 3 pedals is 2/3 were spiders 1/3 coupes so you're right just around at least 2:1 or maybe more pushing 3:1 from the data points I've been able to gather.

17. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
  18. tomdeg

tomdeg Karting

Apr 19, 2011
    Negotiating on it as we speak.

19. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    ^^^ it's an excellent price, don't negotiate too hard you might loose it. She's a good looking car :)

20. tomdeg

tomdeg Karting

Apr 19, 2011
    Done deal! :)

21. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Nice job! The 430 coupe with the manual is a very nice car.

22. SAVANTAUTO

SAVANTAUTO Karting

Nov 5, 2010
    Congratulations! You must be thrilled.

23. Elimorillo

Elimorillo Rookie

Oct 27, 2014
    Frisco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Eli
    Congratulations!!!! I am looking for the same car at the same price.

24. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Not only u found it, but you also found it BLACK ON BLACK.

You are a really lucky man.

25. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Congrats! Black on Black is sweet!