1975 Dino 308 GT4 | FerrariChat

1975 Dino 308 GT4

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by GT4 Joe, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    #1 GT4 Joe, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am reluctantly ready to turn my Dino over to the next custodian, for personal reasons.
    This is an early Dino badged GT4. Build date Feb. 1975, serial #10080, body #124.
    THE GOOD:
    This is a California car which is exempt from smog inspections here. All of the original smog equipment is there if ever needed. The odometer shows 51,750 miles, which I cannot swear is correct, but looking at this car it is obvious it has spent waaaay too much time sitting in garages. I’ve owned it since August 2010. I purchased it from private party who owned it for 28 years. New cam belts had just been installed at that time (48,000 miles). This car is very original, in that it has the Dino badging, 14” Cromodora wheels, single Cromodora mirror, and the original USA 1st series bumpers which are in great condition. I have the 2 sets of original keys for the car. Starts right up and drives nice. Trans is in good working order and shifts well, hot or cold. Brakes are good. Has some new fuel hoses, new fuel pump, new oil cooler lines, new coolant hoses, fluids recently changed, R-12 Air Conditioning that works. Only minor oil drips on my garage floor.
    The exterior paint is good, but not perfect. The original color was Rosso Rubino, I think, looking at the door jambs and headlamp pods. It was painted Rosso Bordeaux (similar color without the metallic) in about 1982. There are some rust spots showing on the lower passenger door. The rest of the body is absolutely rust free. The interior is the original leather and is very good and still has the leather smell. There is evidence of some re-dying. Carpets are original and good, with the exception of some wear on the driver’s side, and the driver floor mat is faded. The dash and console switches are original. Has a period Pioneer super tuner AM/FM cassette that works.
    Also included are the owner's manual, workshop manual (Mars reprint), owner's Warranty & Service book, but no leather pouch. Complete original jack kit with fuses, belts, and the trouble lamp. Tool kit has 1 screwdriver and the carb tool missing. The plug wrench is the wrong size (may be a 328 re-issue, not original to the car). Also included are some sales brochures and a test drive / 1st impression article from the Prancing Horse. This car was purchased originally from Griswold Motors in the Bay area, and has been in California ever since.
    THE UNKNOWN:
    I was unable to get any of the service history from the prior senile owner. I discovered that the trans is a 108AL(Mondial)which was in it when the prior owner bought it. The windshield has been replaced with a later version with the shading on the top, and is in perfect condition. I can provide details and invoices of what I have done to the car since owned.
    THE UGLY:
    The early USA bumpers turn some folks off. They look very good in person.
    There is some maintenance due right now to keep it roadworthy. XWX Tires ($$$), and of course, cam belts if you subscribe to the popular belief of 4 years and 4K miles is when to replace them. More photos can be seen here:
    1975 Dino 308 GT4 Slideshow by JoeFalcon_bucket | Photobucket
    This GT4 is about as complete and un-molested as you will find. It is, however, a 40 year old car and is not without flaws and patina.

Asking $45,000.00 USD.

I will not be granting requests of multiple photos being sent of any and/or all flaws on the car. If you are interested, you will need to come see the car in person. If you have questions, PM me here, email me [email protected] ,or call my cell 949-413-5969. I will try to answer all questions straight with no BS. No scams, please.
    Thanks for looking.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow, so bummed that you are selling it. It's a beautiful car. Good luck with the sale!

3. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Very nice example. Wish you the best ...

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Beautiful car, and one of my favorites.

Good luck with the sale.

D

5. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Car looks great - GLWS!!!

6. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Sorry to see you exiting the GT4 Joe. Nice looking car with an honest description. Should go quick to a new home given the interest in GT4's of late.

7. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love it! I just lack the garage space and wife at Ferrari understanding level #2. She is still at level #1 so I can only have one right now. Did I mention I love it?

8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Level #1 is an achievement.

9. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
  10. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    All,
    Thanks for your appreciation of my GT4.
    I have a verbal handshake agreement on a sale to a local So Cal enthusiast, and also a poster on this board, who shall remain anonymous at this point. Pending some final details, (the devil is in the details, you know!), I would appreciate and consider any backup offers should this deal fall through.
    Regards,
    Joe

11. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I love that color on the GT4. What a gorgeous car.

12. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Awesome looking car, they're also on the rise!

13. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I hope you achieve at or near your asking. It's about time these cars got the respect they deserve in the market.

14. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The Petrolicious video car recently posted you-tube? Similar color,

Jack

15. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Not the same car, but they do look like twins except for the wheels. I think the color on his is Rosso Bordeaux also, though he posted here and said it was Prugna, but I'm not sure that color was offered in '75.

16. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    sure is a nice color

17. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Hey Joe very sad you are selling it!!!! Dont forget it has a famous exhaust with low miles! HAA

your pal

Rob

18. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I love the color and the wheels! GLWS

19. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad
    Now that's indeed "Art on Wheels"

20. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Sorry I forgot to mention, the "key in ignition with door open" buzzer is missing, but the wiring is still there.

21. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Joe,

Are you sure our car had this?

22. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Pretty sure, Rob. There was something there under the left side of the dash with wires going to it. It is in the owners manual somewhere. Also, if I connect the plug under the seats, the "Seat Belts" light will illuminate unless the seat belts are fastened when you put it in gear. There are pressure sensitive switches imbedded in the foam of the seat cushions, and pin switches on the shifter housing. This is, of course, only USA equipment.

23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

What a lovely car. I still kick myself for buying a 308GTS instead of a Dino.

24. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Thanks once again for your positive comments. This GT4 is now SOLD! The new owner may introduce himself if he wishes.
    This car is still a California car! 40th birthday next month! Congrats to the new custodian!

Joe

25. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Congrats to you, and to the lucky new owner. Encourage him (or her) to speak up!