1990 348 TS for sale | FerrariChat

1990 348 TS for sale

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Mera, Feb 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    #1 Mera, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Red/tan. 18,900 miles. Originally bought at Continental in Chicago. First 2 owners were in the Chicago area. I bought it about 5 years ago from Continental with about 18,200 miles on it. In very good condition. No issues etc. I installed the wheel spacers front and rear. 10 mm in the front and 25 mm in the rear. I did it for the improved look. I removed the factory 2 can muffler and installed a low mileage factory single can (OEM Ferrari) spider muffler. I had one bad cat (was rattling) and I got lucky and found someone with a 348 who also had a bad cat but on the other side. I bought his cats and gutted the two bad cats. I installed 403 stainless steel tubes inside these cats so the exhaust flows right thru. I did a write up with pictures in the 348/355 section a few years ago. I will include the two good cats. I installed a titanium shift knob. I'll include the original shift knob. I installed the electric window relays (I sell them). Windows go up and down at a nice speed. Tires are like new yet. I installed the chrome front and rear horses. Past that this 348 is all original. I have always wanted it to be all original and only made a few changes. When you look at the exhaust you see OEM Ferrari cats and an OEM Ferrari muffler. I'm going to ask $42,500 and I'll consider reasonable offers. This is a very good 348. I'm going to buy a very low mileage 1987 Buick Grand National and actually drive it. This was a garage queen. I wanted to keep it in excellent condition and seldom drove it. :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    #2 Mera, Feb 20, 2015
  3. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Looks good. Is it due for a major?

4. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    5 years and 600 miles. Heated garage. Driven enough every summer to keep things in good shape etc. Depends on what you think it needs. I would not do anything to it in my opinion for more than a few years yet. Maybe change the brake fluid. Do the sticky parts in the console.

Rodney

5. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    I personally know Rodney, the owner of this nice 348. He is meticulous with his cars. You will be buying a very fine example of a low mileage 348.

6. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Thanks Kent. :). I'm an engineer (well I did not finish college, was too much into cars and women at that time), have had top quality cars all my life, I'm well known around the internet. I have engineered, designed and presently sell many car parts and car acc's:

www.rodneydickman.com

I stand behind this car. It is a nice 348. Someone will buy it and be happy with it. I've been watching 348's for sale for a few years now. Mine is very nice.

Rodney

7. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    #7 Mera, Feb 20, 2015
    Why did I buy a 348 and almost never drive it? Over 20 years ago I bought a 308 replica (Pontiac Mera, www.pontiacmera.com) because real 308's (the car of my dreams) were very high priced. I could not afford one. I did a terrible amount of work on my 308 replica over many winters. It is a concours quality car (did I spell that wrong?). I won my class at the 1995 Chicago Concours D'Elegance in 1995. Their 100th anniversary show. My 308 replica is my baby and I will never sell it. I made many parts for it early on and others asked if I could make these same parts for their cars. So I did and this started my business. After so many years I have done well and felt I deserved to also own a real Ferrari at least once. Personally I do not any Ferrari past the 355. I wanted a Testarossa but decided that was not for me. So it was a 348 for me. I already had my 308 replica so a 308 or 328 was out. I happened to stop in at Continental in Chicago one day and they had just got in a 348 from a local guy that had terminal cancer. It was especially nice and was up to my standards and my standards are very high. So I bought it. I had been looking around for a 348 and felt lucky I did not have to travel far to look at one. The end of the story is I really don't care to much drive these cars anymore. I only drive them on nice days and to drive it just to enjoy driving it that day. Not to run errands etc. But I love how they look in my garage. So my idea is to buy a Buick GN and actually drive it all summer long (on nice days). It is way easier to get in and out of and it has a back seat and trunk so I can run errands etc in it.

I may still do another Ferrari/Lambo get together at my place in the future even though I have sold my real Ferrari.

Rodney

8. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    PM sent very interested!

9. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Found my 87 Grand National. Local guy I have known for years. He has had 2 plus a GNX. He sold the GNX and one but still has this one. Like new and unaltered in any way. 9000 miles. Perfect condition. He is as anal about his cars as I am. My perfect twin. :)

Rodney

10. boorish

boorish Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Have you sold your garage queen yet? I am interested, but the thread went cold a week ago.

11. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Still for sale. I doubt I sell in soon. Weather around here is nasty yet. I'll be putting it on autotrader soon. Maybe on eBay in a few weeks.

Rodney

12. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Rodney, I have sent a pm. Please respond. Thanks.

14. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I pulled out my file on my 348. I'm mistaken. I found I bought it in Jan of 2007. So I have had it 8 years. 8 years and only 600 miles. Really. Last summer or the summer before we took it to Elkart Lake, WI for the Ferrari Nationals. Longest trip I put on it. Maybe 160 miles that day? Once to Lake Forest for their show. Past that a few several miles runs every summer near my home in Caledonia, WI.

Rodney

15. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Pm with offer sent.

16. Christopherfergi

Apr 23, 2014
  17. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Maybe.

Rodney

18. 05roadsterguy

05roadsterguy Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Snohomish
    Full Name:
    Herman
    and how about now?

19. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Still maybe. Next in line is a guy from the Chicago area who is very interested and waiting.

Thanks
    Rodney

20. cheesehead

cheesehead Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Is the car still available? I'm interested and in Waukesha.

Gary

21. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Have a buyer who says the check will be in the mail this week so it looks to be sold. Once I get the check and the check clears I'll let everyone know. I let this guy take his time as I had many asking and I only advertised it here. So I thought if he backed out I would find another buyer. It is early in the spring yet and I also had one guy in Chicago that very much wanted it. I let the first one that contacted me have first choice. Only fair.

Thanks
    Rodney

22. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    you will love your GN, great driving car with excellent visibility, not a fcar but fun none the less…best of luck!

23. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Funny cuz I saw it on CL Milwaukee/Chicago...

24. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Sold. Check cleared the bank so it is sold. Still here but should be gone in a week or two.

Thanks
    Rodney

87 GN hardtop coming soon. 9,000 miles and all original save the battery and tires. In like new showroom condition. I'll leave it all stock.