1990 Ferrari Testarossa Yellow | FerrariChat

1990 Ferrari Testarossa Yellow

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by AIR4C 1, Mar 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    #1 AIR4C 1, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just over 17000km on this Canadian version Testarossa.
    Tubi exhaust, aftermarket wheels (originals included), and original tools and spare.

Known ownership from new, this car is currently in Scottsdale at a winter home but is still registered in Canada.
    Last engine out was 1000 km ago or 5 years ago.

Paint is exceptional, leather and interior are fantastic and the Tubi exhaust is outstanding on this car.
    Recent service at Ferrari Scottsdale.
    Vin - ZFFSM17A5L0087014

An amazing example of a very desirable 12 cyl Ferrari.

$129k U.S.

Jeff
    403-804-9928
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Beautiful car. I have always wanted a yellow TR. I already put in the request to the wife to add this to our white one. I am NOT holding my breath...:D

GLWS!

3. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Beautiful!!!!

Sent via itty bitty electrons

4. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    This is one of the nicest color combo Testarossa you can find ;-)

Am I biased?

And for those of you who don't know it is one(1) of only 27 Canadian Testarossa for 1990.

No mouse belts, and no knee pad. The best you can find!!!

This is cheap. Yeah really cheap! A car like this is Worth at least $150,000.

Was it sold new by Gentry Lane?

GLWS

5. targa81

targa81 Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Cheap?! That's a fortune in Canadian dollars and needs an engine out by time standards. If this car had been for sale 5 years ago I would have jumped. Now it's out of my price range , unfortunately .

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I would put the original wheels back on, the car will sell easily, and get rid of the aftermarkets separately.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
  8. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al

Wheels look like HRE 547 18"

I wonder if it has the upgraded big Brembo brake kit? If so, you can't go back to 16" wheels w/o downsizing the brake calipers.

The braking on the TR is one of its weakest points. The wheels give it a more modern look and fill the wheel well, in my humble opinion.

Vis a vis
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    According to my banks currency converter, its $164K CDN. I know prices have gone up, but that's way too much for a 1990. Be a semi pain for an American buyer seeing how its Canadian registered. They'll have to take it out of the U.S. and import it.

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Guys you shouldn't be negative in someone elses for sale thread. This car is rare and nice. His asking price is correct. Now the selling price has to be determined by him and the future buyer after the negotiation and this is not our business.

11. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Don't see it as being negative. Its only rare as a Canadian spec. Doesn't make it special rare!

12. targa81

targa81 Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    I wasn't trying to sound negative just shocked at how these cars seem to be skyrocketing in asking prices. I wish I'd bought back when a nice TR was less than a 360, not anymore.Good luck with the sale, looks like a very nice car.

13. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I was preaching for my own asset. I have the exact twin of that car.

You are right, only rare because Canadian but not really special. Except it's a car with no stupid seat belts and no knee pads. Also unique front grille. For me it's a special car.

I hope the owner sells it for good money.

14. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Amazing car, amazing color, amazing wheels.

Good luck with the sale!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

15. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    You again? Why are you always making negative posts in other people's for sale ads? Why are you even looking in this section? Are you looking for a Testarossa? If you ask me I don't think that you have 2 pennies to rub together. I'd start by paying $15 to become a subscribed member before making any further comments on other people's beautiful cars in this section. Most of the posts I read about "being priced out of my range" make me laugh. They were probably never in your range in the first place and never will be again.

M.

16. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    ^^ this gave me a good chuckle this morning!

17. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Beautiful car Jeff. This is a couple of months late for me or I would seriously considered this car. Good luck with the sale.

18. targa81

targa81 Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Not sure why you were quoting me?? I was simply commenting on how these cars have gone up so much and regretting that I've missed out. Maybe one day I will add a TR, maybe even consider it now but I still like my car and don't have garage space left .I've been watching the Canadian TR market since 2000 and have been aware of all the nice cars around , this one is beautiful . GLWS.

19. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I wasn't negative in the 308's sales thread, not really negative in this one either.

Have to get a pre-paid visa, before getting a subscription. I had a credit card stolen online before and it took 3months to get resolved. Never again.

20. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #20 godabitibi, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Zudnic, look at it the other way. Try to find a Testarossa for sale in Canada right now. Good luck, the choice is VERY limited.
    You'll have to find a US car with the mouse belts, import it with all the fee and the trouble paperworks are to import. Pay full taxes instead of only GST if you buy from a private after the dollar exchange rate. Plus 6% because it's Italian made if I'm right but not sure if it apply to over 15 yo import to Canada.

Do the maths and this car is NOT too expensive for a Canadian buyer. I'm sure the owner would probably bring the car back to Canada for a Cdn buyer(I suppose). If you buy from an American it will be your problem and expense.

For the US buyers it is correctly priced too IMHO. The car is 25 years old now.

The days of cheap good TRs are over my friend, too bad! You'll have to buy a local 360 for the price the TRs use to be.

21. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I had a chance to buy a solid 89 TR a few years ago for $20k. The owner thought it was a good idea to rev the engine to redline right after starting, in 25deg weather. In retrospect, I should have bought it anyway. It would have taken another $40k to get it back on the road, but it would have been worth it and I'd have a TR in the garage.

Gorgeous TR, GLWS!

22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    Well said

23. targa81

targa81 Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    #23 targa81, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

I am seriously considering selling my Modena for the right TR. And good news, after consulting my accountant it looks like I DO have two pennies to rub together! Thanks for your concern regarding my financial well being it was truly appreciated. To the OP , perhaps you could PM me some more details including more pics if available . Diff upgraded?

24. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    For those asking, this car is currently in Arizona but to become a U.S citizen it will need to be imported. This is not a big deal at all and I can assist. Those posting on this thread are correct, it has no mouse seatbelts and knee pads and is how the car should be vs the U.S version.
    Production date - October 1990.

25. AIR4C 1

AIR4C 1 Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Testarossa is sold.