360 Modena Coupe Manual | FerrariChat

360 Modena Coupe Manual

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by wheelman76, Mar 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Starting the search for a car and seeing what's out there. I'm regularly checking the normal channels (Ferrari dealer inventory, ebay, cars.com, autotrader, cars.com, dupont and here of course). If anyone knows of pocket listings or some hidden gem, please let me know.

With that said, here's my desired unicorn. I know I'll have to compromise on some things, but this is a start.

1. 6 speed manual transmission - this is a must have, I will not consider an F1
    2. Exterior colors - Tour de France Blue or Rossa Corsa Red or Scuderia Red
    3. Interior - black base - contrasted stitching would be a bonus or daytona seats. - If not daytona, non-power seats or the carbon sports seats would be huge bonus. Any additional leather interior (roof or back firewall/shelf is a bonus).
    4. Challenge rear grill and fender shields
    5. Rims - Starfish are fine, but Challenge rims would be preferred, modulars are my least preferred but would take them if most other boxes are checked.
    6. Tubi exhaust? - bonus, or carpristo would be considered so long as check engine lights aren’t being thrown.
    7. I would like to find a year 2002-2004 but will look at older if update campaigns can be shown to be done with paperwork.
    8. Good pedigree in terms of services performed with paperwork to back it up.
    9. Stradale bumpers and skirts would be amazing.

2. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Ferrari of Seattle has one on their website, ask for Craig. Very Good dealership, & Craig is a good guy.

3. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Been down that road, they're not negotiating on the price from what I can tell at all and while I admit, it's THE CAR I would take, it's slightly out of my range at this point. They're holding out for the top dollar and was told today that they have an offer on the table agreed to but no down payment yet.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You sure you dont want to join the black car brigade? I mean we are a very special offshoot of the regular ole run of the mill tifosi. We spend as much time cleaning it as we do driving it because we are.... more special?...no....more Italian?....no....we have more free time?....no...because... we... have... to...there I said it! But it is so worth it! So worth it....

5. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Just missed a manual black/black at Cauley actually. But no... Red or blue are the preferred colors. Just in case I want to pose it as a stradale tribute with a stripe someday.

6. dmogolf74

dmogolf74 Rookie

Dec 30, 2010
    Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  7. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    That car was sold to the dealer for mid 60's....be glad you did not buy it for mid 80's.

8. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    It was never a consideration. But good data point for pricing comparisons.

9. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
  10. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
  11. Lawin

Lawin Karting

Jul 23, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Larry Nguyen
    The one at Ferrari of Seattle is perfect. I know the owner and was an extremely well kept car.

12. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I don't disagree with that, it's just they know what they have and they are not negotiating at all off the asking price which unfortunately is a bit more than I want to entertain. I know I'm probably looking at a 20-30k mile car and with that the price should be considerably lower than that asking price. The other thing that concerns me is the lack of use of the car... those garage queens can end up costing more than one exercised regularly through it's life, so not only do you pay a premium for the miles, you pay a premium on additional repairs.

13. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

That's a beautiful car but I believe it's priced 15k over market. If someone is going to spend that kind of money they are going to buy a 430. These cars dealers always hold out for the last buck. I hate dealing with car dealers. I much prefer private party cars.

14. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I was offered a similar car privately with almost identical specs for not much less than that. As much as I'd like that car, they're just a bit far from my preferred budget.

15. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Would you pay 90k for that Seattle car?

16. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I would have to do some serious thinking if they came down to that price...

Based on a local who I spoke with that purchased his last year, he shared the spreads that he found in the market when it came to dealers. I believe there's quite a bit of profit in that Seattle car, but I don't think the dealer wants to max their profit and will probably find a buyer at their price.

Do you think they're spot on with their asking price? The market is what the market is, who am I to argue with it? It's just my pocket book tells me otherwise.

17. Moflash

Moflash Rookie

Jan 25, 2005
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Randy Mattison
    The car in Seattle also has a bad CarFax.

18. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

If that is the case good luck getting 98k for it.

19. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    They did say the rear bumper was replaced due to being rear ended. I never got to the point of pulling a carfax but saw this in one of the ads they put online. I still think they don't have more than $70k into the trade if this was traded in.... if they get their asking price they are making some mad money there. I'm in sales, and honestly, I can't imagine selling Ferrari's for a living.

20. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014
    The gentleman mentioned it had a bad car fax. If they is the case through 98k out the window. I think buying the car from a dealer that has service records and a good car fax it would be worth 90k. If you were buying the exact car from a private party 85k would be the top of the market.

21. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Someone go tell them that so that I can talk them down in price! :)

22. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Just got an email that the seattle car is sold.

23. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I think you are probably right with them having 70k into the car. Ferrari dealers make a lot of money selling used cars. I don't know exactly but if I had to guess I would say they are making between 15k and 25k a car. That's a nice commission check for a salesman.

24. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I wonder what they got for it.

25. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Won't tell me b/c it wasn't his deal and he's not privy to that info....