WTB 308GT4 | FerrariChat

WTB 308GT4

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Depstein15, Apr 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    #1 Depstein15, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Seeking to purchase a complete, numbers matching 308GT4. Prefer an original condition vehicle that has good bones for restoration, or alternatively also interested in a high quality recent restoration. email: [email protected]

2. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Me too....

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The guy running eBay ads has snapped a few up, but good luck in your search!

I would let a dealer like Classic Coach know what you want, and enjoin them in smoking out a good car. Possibly an owner that is on the fence about selling a good example.

4. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    Call Fantasy Junction and get on the list. Great people to work with.

5. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Fence walker! :D

6. haisoodewa

haisoodewa Karting

Aug 14, 2011
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Zach M
    RPM has a car recently restored by Rocco. Amazing quality restoration, it's at the bottom of their inventory page www.rpmvt.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    Thanks to all for the leads. Much appreciated!

8. RifRaf

RifRaf Rookie

Feb 8, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Chad Wilkens
    Depstien15,

I have an extremely nice 75 308GT4 available if interested. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can send details and pictures.

9. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Any luck finding a Dino yet?

10. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    Kurtis, I am patiently searching. Difficult process for an amateur enthusiast. Without a trustworthy Ferrari-professional to help, this may take years. Created a WTB post with my local F-Club chapter in New York.

11. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    I've never seen these guys before-great site. That is a good amt of $$ for a GT4 but damn that interior puts mine to shame. My fav color combo but I'd rather the boxer matte black on the us cars. Anybody know the history on this one? Was this in MA at one point?

12. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    Patience is key. I searched/researched for 8 years- seriously for 3 before finding mine. I was picky esp on color of ext / int and mechanicals. At any one time there were 2-3 examples to look at. Now maybe 1 or 2 turn up every 3-4 months so the reduced inventory will make it tough.

I'd contact many of the good reputable independent dealers nationally to help- they know mechanics who know customers, and collectors who would possible sell a car. Many never hit the open market or are sold the day they post in their inventory. In the bay area there is fantasy junction who always find good examples, San Francisco sport cars, and San francisco Motor sports. I know there are several back east but less familiar.

People in the 308 section can hook you up with referrals to mechanics for PPI's if you find an example far from you. Good network and resources here. If you haven't done so yet you might want to post in that forum section. Many others are posting there looking for gt4's. Welcome and glw search.

13. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Al Ieardi in Marco island will sell you the best in the world restored GT/4 for 150K.
    Steep but at least one F-Chatter thought it good value.

Disclaimer; I know the parties involved but have no commercial interest.

14. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    Yes I spoke with Al after being referred to him. Absolutely he is doing fascinating work and a total learning experience to speak with him!

15. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Every GT/4 fan owes Al thanks.
    His garage is our Aladdin's Cave.

16. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Anyone looking for a GT4 owes AL a call. In fact, anyone restoring a Ferrari owes Al a call....He is doing all of his restorations right. My #1 regret is that I didnt' keep my GT4 to have Al work his magic......

Good luck! If the OP can afford it, he will have the nicest GT4 on the planet along with another FChatter. :)

JIM

17. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I just recently purchased a GT4 RHD from Australia. Yellow/Black. Good driver for below $70K. I think these cars are truly undervalued for their performance/rarity. The GT4s have more Hp than the early 308GTBs and it also has the distinction of being the only 2+2 Ferrari that had been raced by the factory. Most are gone and very few remain in driving condition. I heard that there were less than 200 still registered in the US? I suggest not waiting around but getting the best one you can find.

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The engines are the same, for the years 75-77...

But yes, the GT4 was alwasy given props, as the "better handling car"!!
    Shorter wheelbase, IIRC.

Congrats on finding a good (Yellow/Black) one!

19. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    Fareastferrari, here in the US, these are difficult to find now at reasonable prices based on my recent experience in searching the marketplace as an amateur/new 308GT4 enthusiast...asking prices are high. Example: an Arizona used car dealer contacted me on an older restoration car that he had for sale. At a minimum it needs a complete new interior to meet my standard of acceptability, his ask was US$90,000....I was shocked. If say $20k is needed to cherry this example out to a high standard, that would put the market at $110k for this car. I really don't know true value, but I personally would not pay more than $45k for this particular Fcar...that is because there are simply too many other alternative model nice Fcars available here in the US market.

20. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
  21. falcoray

falcoray Rookie

Apr 28, 2014
    Foxhall Ipswich UK
    Full Name:
    Ray Walters
    Hi I have a RHD 308 GT4 in the uk for sale, engine etc is good bodywork needs tidying but generally looks ok. I replaced all of the valves last year to run on std fuel. Fitted one replacement piston, it was holed by a broken valve. Recovered the seats with cream hide last year the interior looks tidy. Red with cream leather. I am driving the car quite regularly, it does have minor issues as most 40 year old cars would but generally good. It has the optional rear luggage space rather than rear seats so it is quite rare. I am willing to ship from UK

22. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Anybody know if there really are only 200 (or less) of these around in the US?

23. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Have you checked the registry thread?

24. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Yup, I guess I was thinking the ones on the registry were just Fchaters. I remember reading years ago a much higher number that was the total number of cars imported, but I can't remember what it was or where I saw it. Of course that was 40 yrs ago, plenty of the cars have been wrecked/parted out

25. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Given its history as the poor man's Ferrari I suspect that a higher than average number have been lost.