308 Euro GTB (Maybe for Sale) :-) | FerrariChat

308 Euro GTB (Maybe for Sale) :-)

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by shashi27, Apr 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    #1 shashi27, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,

So I hate to start another "maybe for sale" thread, but I maybe/probably will be putting my baby up for sale. I am not cash strapped, just do not drive her much and figured I would hold the dry powder for a potential business opportunity.

83 308 Euro GTB
    Blue Sera/Crema

I provided the following info to a fellow Fchat member a year ago and not much has changed. The only thing is I am halfway through a supercharger upgrade (928 motorsports) and now I am trying to determine should I finish the upgrade or return her to stock. What are your thoughts? It is a bolt on operation so it could go either way. Does originality rule here or the benefit of a low boost SC.

From a service perspective the car is up to date. The belts and tensioners were done in April 2013 and I drove it less than 200 miles since.

The engine was completely rebuilt in November 2008 by Massimo of the Auto Legend at the request of the prior owner. I believe he had compression issues. There are pictures of the rebuild on DVD. The fresh motor was one of the reasons I picked up the car.

Since owning the car (6/2010) I have had no service issues other than the car running hot in 90 degree weather. I have done the following, all preventative or because I just wanted to work on the car:

1) Nick's Forza aluminium radiator, Derale fans, and Scuderia Rampante hoses - 3/12
    2) Fuel filler hose (Scuderia Rampante) - 3/12
    3) Upgraded starter to gear reduction starter - 3/12
    4) Replaced fuel pump, accumulator, fuel filter, crossover hoses (Scuderia Rampante)
    5) Front suspension rebuild; new hub bearings, A Arms bushings, rebuilt steering rack with Superformance quick ratio rack, rack bushings, sway bar bushings, big brake upgrade with rotors, calipers, pads and hoses, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, and QA1 shocks. 9/12
    6) Rear suspension rebuild; tore down hubs, replaced A Arm bushings, replaced bearings, QA1 shocks, rebuilt calipers, new pads. Tore down axle shafts and repacked grease with new gaiters, replaced axle spring in one axle. Replaced diff gear seals. Added larger rear discs from Girodisc. Added upgraded rear stabilizer bar from Superformance. Replaced all bushings. 6/13
    7) Removed old timing belts and tensioners, re'placed with new belts, Hills tensioners, Forza Hi Performance' Water Pump, Scuderia Rampante hoses, thermostat 6/13
    8) Car lowered, 4 wheel alignment, corner weighted 7/13
    9) Upgraded the headlights to LED so I can see where I am going 7/13

Oil , filter, and coolant is changed at least annually. I have upgraded other things like dash lights, Lunari exhaust, Momo steering wheel, etc.

Have all original parts.

3 Sets of Wheels; original metric for show, Superformance replica gold QV wheels, and refurbished Hayashi HRE 505s which are on the car now. HREs were refurbished by HRE in October 2011.

The paint shows well for its age but it has picked up stone chips on the front end. I waiver between doing a paint correction or keeping original. The lower euro valance could use some work. It has chipped on my driveway with the lowering of the car. The interior is in very good condition but I am leaning towards a redye on the console and doors to match the new seats.

The aircon is connected but the belt is not on. When I did the belts I didn't put on the new belt. I didn't bother because it never worked well. It has been converted to 134A. The car runs hot in 95+ degree weather in stop and go but is fine on the highway. Since I added the new thermostat, radiator, and water pump she holds the temp well. The only other thing I can think of is the steering requires a lot of effort at low speeds with the quick ratio rack. I think the column could use adjusting.

Attached some pics I had with the three different wheels. Not new but nothing has changed. She is a beauty. Based on feedback I will probably have her ready to go in about two weeks.
    Attached Images
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RJR89

RJR89 Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Original wheels are by far the best.

3. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    Shashi - I have always admired your car... great color combo. one of the prettiest I've seen. I'm biased towards blue ferrari's. I'd say not do the engine upgrades. original is key on gtb's. if you were to keep the car and drive it I'd say go with the upgrade as it is yours to have fun with.

4. 19055

19055 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Emile
    This is a color I considered for the current respray of my car. Beautiful.

As a fanatic amateur racer I love the kind of upgrades you did ! My car for instance also has "big brakes", I find really powerful brakes awsome to experience. Purists however will not be thrilled. As Erik said: decide if you really want to sell. If so, go back to stock.

The car looks fa-bu-lous (beautiful color, great stance) with the stock wheels. The gold replica's I think could be called "doubtful", the "Hayashi" (huhh ??) wheels are horrible, they tear down the whole car. Of course my personal taste, and if one argues my taste can be argued I won't disagree.. ;-)

5. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

Very nice car and great colour.
    If you want to sell it, you'd better remove the SC and other big non-stock items.
    Original cars are wanted by many. Modified/personalised cars by less people.

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nice color/car. Wish it was legal in California.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Very nice car! I like the gold wheels with the interior.

8. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yes Yes on the Gold Wheels

9. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Never thought I would say this about gold wheels, but they are transformational paired with the blue. Love it.

Good luck with your sale.

10. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Awesome ! love the color ; if I were you I would keep the engine as original as possible to retain the beauty of an authentic 308

11. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Mods will decrease the value for sure

12. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
  13. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    What is the asking price?

14. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Not asking yet, just teasing...:)

15. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    Gold wheels look great..... i would NOT do the supercharger.

16. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
  17. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Beautiful car. I like the options you have with all of the wheels.

If you want to know more about the motor rebuild, Massimo now has a new shop in Laguna Hills California called ItalTech GT. Take a look at his website to get his contact info. I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss what he did to the motor.

18. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    and for the third opinion... HRE 505 is the BEST looking wheel on a 308!!!!
    (but I'm biased)

19. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Thanks for all the feedback. The SC I will remove.

Mileage is 32,008
    Trying to price is right now. The market makes it tough.

20. nopiston

nopiston Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I knew I loved that car for a reason!! I took those pictures when I was at MotorCars and I then sold it to the next owner (Lars). Awesome car. Euro GTB in Blue Sera...just doesn't get much better than that! ...and I'd love to own it again. :)

21. jessup

jessup Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2014
    Santa Clara CA USA
    Full Name:
    Jessup
    Love this car on the gold wheels.

22. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    #⃣1⃣

23. jessup

jessup Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2014
    Santa Clara CA USA
    Full Name:
    Jessup
    Only 200 miles in last 2 years, you should have sold it to me last year!

24. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  25. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    That is amazing. GLWS