Trade my F430 6-speed Berlinetta for your Cali 30? | FerrariChat

Trade my F430 6-speed Berlinetta for your Cali 30?

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by vjd3, May 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #1 vjd3, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Long shot … but is anybody interested in trading their California 30 for a 2006 6-speed F430 Berlinetta with 5500 miles and factory New Power warranty?

Open to various colors but wanting a tan interior (cuoio preferred, possibly iroko on a white car). Seeking a trade instead of an outright sale or consign to mitigate having to pay the local 7 percent sales tax twice.

I bought the car from a Ferrari dealer in April (made a fast decision as I knew it would not hang around long), but am finding that having a weekend back roads car in the garage is not fitting in as well as I thought it might, and I think an open-air Ferrari that my wife and I can take on weekend trips and that I can more easily drive daily in fair weather with impunity is a better fit. I can't stand driving my Audi daily when there is a Ferrari sitting in the garage. I want to start piling up some miles. Would like to do this sooner rather than later as every time I drive the 430 I think I’m crazy to even consider letting it go.

Here are the particulars on my F430:

2006 F430 Berlinetta
    6-speed manual transmission
    5500 miles
    Rosso corsa over beige
    Carbon instrument panels
    Rosso calipers
    Electric seats
    Yellow tachometer
    CD changer

Fresh 2-year service (oil, brakes, coolant, gearbox, power steering) 5-12-15 at Ferrari dealer
    Fresh rear tires, rear brakes and battery
    Car passed the Ferrari certified inspection (including compression test) with flying colors 5-12-15
    One-year New Power factory warranty good until May of 2016 (transferable to new owner)
    Front of the car wrapped back to the windshield
    Everything works, cold AC, runs great.

Has everything it came with … books, car cover, seat covers, steering wheel cover, flashlight (not working), both keys, code cards, tire inflator, etc. Even the VIP “baby book” with the assembly photos.

Clean CarFax and Autocheck reports
    Paint is in great shape, as is the interior
    2 owners before me (I picked it up in April)
    First owner bought 5-06 and kept for 1 month and 400 miles (sounds like one of those “buy the coupe, trade it right back and get the slot for the spider” deals)
    Second owner owned from 7-06 until 4-15 (was in a collection of numerous Ferraris, I’m told)

Here are some photos I took over the weekend … note that while the car is wearing a front plate (to pass the local inspection) it is installed on a Fabspeed bracket which attaches to the factory bolts underneath the front bumper cover. The bumper was not drilled to install the plate.

According to the dealer, the car appears to have the original headers installed, and they are fine. The emissions warranty on the car is expired. If I keep it, I will put a set of Capristo headers and brackets on the car as preventative maintenance, you may feel otherwise. My understanding is the New Power warranty does not cover the headers if they fail.

I have a friend locally who is a licensed dealer who could likely handle the transaction for the sales tax benefits to both of us, or I would be happy to handle the transaction through your local Ferrari dealer if they are willing, especially if it made it easy to obtain or extend the factory warranty on the Cali beforehand.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2 FiveLiterEater96, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    I can't imagine this will be difficult to get rid of. Good luck in your search!

3. lmcmahon

lmcmahon Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Your car looks completely mint! Three pedal 430s could not be more in demand. Best of luck.

4. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
    OMG, I would never do that but if this is really what you're willing, then good luck :)

STUNNING 6-speed F430 by the way

5. berger27

berger27 Karting

Apr 5, 2007
    What would your price be to sell outright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Thanks for asking ... right now I'm more focused on trying to trade the car due to the sales tax issue (I'm in discussions with a couple of Ferrari dealers who have clients looking for a car like mine and cars in their inventory that interest me) but I may reconsider that plan if it doesn't pan out. I would just relist the car at that point.

My ideal Cali would be rosso corsa, nero or grigio silverstone over cuoio, or bianco avus over cuoio or iroko.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Keep it. It's a rare and appreciating asset vs a depreciating one. That's for the logical part.

For the emotional part, your car is much more special than the cali. The 430 was considered one of the best sports car ever when it came out.

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Not to mention faster around Fiorano than an F50 :eek:

9. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013

keep this car man!
    you would be crazy to trade it for a cali.

10. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I almost want to go buy a California just to trade this guy.

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Don't let the tail wag the dog on the taxes. These cars are far more special than California. I'd recommend you don't sell it- even if its not quite fitting your needs these days. If you find someone who wants your car, just work it out with a dealer to handle the sale and the purchase of the replacement car and typically if you do it in the same year you don't have to do the transaction all at the same time. You might have to pay the dealer something for this help, but it will be less than the sales tax.

12. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Well, you know, if you have a good working relationship with a Ferrari dealer near you and they have a car that fits my needs ... we can try to get it done.

Good advice, thanks! I'm expecting to pay any dealer a fee to handle the transaction.

13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That interior is gorgeous!

The manual is highly desireable, the Cali quite common, you'll do well