One of these...328b, 355b, or 458 | FerrariChat

One of these...328b, 355b, or 458

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by pvgtb, Jun 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pvgtb

pvgtb Rookie

Jul 13, 2014
    Hello all,
    I started looking last year to replace the 328b I sold 12 years ago and they have traded so quietly/few that I was not able to find one. I loved that car and got it to 50k trouble-free miles, when I started listening to guys saying that was like 200k miles for a Ferrari you should sell it now. It took me 6 mos. asking $35k for it, can you imagine?? And 'they' were so wrong, that car was rock solid, I'd probably be at 100k miles by now and still loving it.

This leads me to my current quandary, I figured I was still in the game at $125k+++ (lol) for a 'mileage' car today, but now I see a dealer listed one for !!$209k!! with 32k miles...that is a lot of coin. So I'm considering the more inexpensive route, 355b (great car, love it too), or maybe the more expensive route (because 328b's have moved up), 458. The 458 is an absolutely stunning car and it's incredible performance would make up a little :) for the love I sold, but I still have a bit of a lump in my throat swallowing the ticket to Disneyland. I'd be selling a 4,800 mile 02 gt2 (and sold a 65 911..whooeee kookie market) to fund the difference, but it's still a helluva swing!

I break down my purchase options like this if a member is considering selling:

328b- (no red/tan if I can be picky), miles/price: YTM
    355b- (slvr/blk, gray/blk or tan, red/blk no tan, wht/blk never seen one? ), miles/price: YTM
    458- (silver/blk, gray/blk or tan, dk blue/?, white/blk) Year: 2010, 2011, mileage: <10k price: tons for sale, seems option based so ?

Thus my question on this 458, it even refers to being 'not over equipped' like it's a good thing (funniest Ferrari ad I've ever heard). I would like the braintrust here to enlighten me as to what it's missing and what your preferences are that it should have. If I buy a 458 I'm driving the car probably 2k miles a year so I'm not sure I need the whole myriad of options. The price hopefully is fairly negotiable, it was listed first for a week at $195k...odd that they raised it. I love the look of this car, the seats, the wheels and the miles. Were there large and small versions of the seats, does it matter if I'm medium tall and lean, would I be swimming in these seats?

Used 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia For Sale in Beverly Hills CA | ZFF67NFA7B0182061

I apologize in advance for being a little long-winded! Thank you all.
    Brooks

Ps. New Silver Sub. but have read the great input for years. Oh, and I do follow all the usual 'suspect' places for these cars...trader, ebay, hemmings, dupont, etc.

2. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    The GT2 is a wonderful machine...is it listed for sale?

3. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I think both the GT2 and 911 should be kept too ; they are solid and excellent Pcar for collection especially the low mileage GT2. Good luck with your Fcar search ...

4. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    If I were you , 355b would be my pick.

5. pvgtb

pvgtb Rookie

Jul 13, 2014
    You are right, exhilarating car. No, not listed. One just listed with slightly higher miles on Rennlist or 6speed for $179k, yowza! I thought the ask would be closer to the lower $100k's.