Mario Andretti's 1978 308 GTS! | FerrariChat

Mario Andretti's 1978 308 GTS!

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by AJS328, Jun 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Has anybody called for the price ?
    Thinking the name alone will double/triple the price ????

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Honestly guys, I have no idea of the price. Tim is a great guy though, so please don't hesitate to call him. He knows Mario personally so the provenance on this car is top shelf. His number is 610-692-7100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jeez guys, I am trying to help a friend. I'll see if I can get a price but I posted this thinking that the right buyer will want to know that this car is available regardless of that.

6. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That is way cool Augustine glad you posted it!

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just the mileage, tools, and documentation already kicks it up a notch!

8. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    What a great car

9. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Agree. What a great story to tell. Of course this kind of story costs more..

10. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Yep. He's kicking himself a little bit though. He used to have Mario's '85 Countach as well.

11. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Looks like they stuck Mario for $1000 for that blaupunkt. Only the finest sound systems for Mario. And how cool is the pic of the caddy and lotus next to it

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Guys, my intention was not to start a argument here. I was merely helping out a friend. Tim is not a ***** dealer. He is an extremely knowledgeable and respected dealer that frankly doesn't have the time or desire to join an Internet forum (gee, I wonder why). He is not an internet savvy person and he just got a smart phone about a year ago. He didn't even text before that! He has been in this hobby for a very long time, knows all the real people, and is the real deal. Plus, he's a great guy and great guy to talk to. We're not talking about a sleaze here.

As for the price, he's looking to get somewhere in the mid-200's for the car.

13. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/490360-new-rules-effective-12-june-2015-posting-comments-classifieds.html

Multiple posts deleted. Take the personal opinions on price and listing practices elsewhere; you are no longer allowed to derail classified ads with such commentary.

14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Might be cool to start a thread about this car in the 308 section. I for one am curious about the radio I've never seen nor even heard of it. As for the price I guess I was right on the money I was thinking with the history, mileage etc. 250k.

15. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I was hesitant to start a thread about the car there for fear that I would get the exact reaction that I got in this ad. I think that it is a truly special and obviously unique 308, and it obviously can't be duplicated. I have known the car for years and I hope it goes to a great home. It's basically a time warp to the early 80's because, other than some maintenance to make it roadworthy, it hasn't been altered in any way!

16. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Fantastic car, great of you to post the lead, Gus.

Also glad to see the moderators are enforcing the new rules.

Funny, the abusers would never buy this car anyway. Of course, that's the point!

Beautiful car!

17. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Funny enough, that Blaupunkt really was the nuts back then. It looks ridiculous now but it fits right in with a yellow carb'd 308. Especially one that flipping Mario owned. Love the leather/interior on this one also. Great car

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That is really damn cool! GLWS, Gus!!

19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Thanks guys. I wish it was mine! I'm getting nothing out of this deal. Tim has been a very good friend to me and has helped me numerous times over the years. Getting the word out for him in this community is the least I can do.

20. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    That was the Blaupunkt Berlin. I remember that it had variable volume. If you would drive faster, the volume would go up. Revolutionary at the time. The thieves also thought that. I hot mine stolen twice out of my car in Amsterdam in the late seventies.

21. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  22. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Beautiful car. Interesting that he traded in a 75 308 to get this one.

23. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    In regards to stipulation #2, the requirement of providing first-hand information should apply to the thread creator and anyone posting to the thread.
    Not requiring this allows for a non-subscribed individual to use a subscribed member to post for them. Kinda defeats the purpose. Equivalent to borrowing someone else's credentials that you did not earn, pay, or qualify for to meet your own personal agenda. Like borrowing a vendor's license to make personal purchases for yourself at wholesale cost to avoid paying retail.... you get the point.

Agree it is cool. Posting in the 308 section seems more appropriate and likely not get the type of reaction you received here. You should have posted to 308 thread and then the seller could have posted to classifieds thread. That is more appropriate.
    That being said, don't be hesitant, no one here has anything against you. Thanks for bringing this car to everyone's attention.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  24. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Tim Holt has a very good rep out in the car world I'm sure the fact that he owned and properly stored the car for 30 years will add to the value.

25. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Great car with a great history. GLWS