Exceedingly rare in Yellow, 1995 F512M | FerrariChat

Exceedingly rare in Yellow, 1995 F512M

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Spartacus, Jul 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus Rookie

Mar 14, 2015
    The FF arrived, the F 512M has to find a new home.

One of the only 501 built F 512M. It seems only 22 in Modena Yellow.

Modena yellow over dark blue interior.

Two owners. 24,500 miles. Service book. All booklets. Double key set.

Ferrari Classiche certified.

Engine-out service (including belts, fluids, etc.) just performed (May 2015) at Ferrari Garage in Italy.

Near immaculate condition. A stunning car, a joy to drive.

Viewable in Monaco.

This is an European specification car. Someone told me, but US collectors know it better than me, it is possible (but expensive) to "federalize" her.

Price reduced to $395,000 USD.

This a serious sale of a genuine car. Please only serious and genuine enquiries.

2. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Beautiful car...GLWS

3. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Wow, super rare opportunity for someone. Best of luck with the sale.

4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    From one F512M owner to another, beautiful colour. GLWS and someone is going to have themselves a very special car very soon. You will miss her, particularly around the Corniches! Natural home for the car.

5. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    What is the price delta (apprx) would you guess between "The 75" N.American cars and the 475 worldwide? I know this topic has been thrashed about but I do not recall any "educated" guesses from the crowd.

Nice looking car and GLWS,
    Jack

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Id say this car would be $150k more if it were a US car.

7. Spartacus

Spartacus Rookie

Mar 14, 2015
    Thank you!
    I am sure I'll miss her. But I missed so many cars in the past, I am now used to it. Moreover, my dream list is so long, and the Corniches will last longer than me .....😀

Yes, the F 512M is a really special car. Particularly in "Giallo Modena", a colour that underline the futuristic extreme design (her design was certainly more futuristic in the '90s than the 599 Fiorano in the '00s and the F12 in the '10s).

Enjoy your F 512M!

8. Spartacus

Spartacus Rookie

Mar 14, 2015
    Jack,
    I think "Amenasce" is right: my car in North America could be $550,000.

Nobody here is educated about the "federalisation" of an European spec F 512M? It seems is feasible, but I don't know how and I don't know the cost.

Furthermore, I think it could be interesting also to consider the price delta between a "Modena Yellow" F 512M (it seems only 22 were manufactured in this beautiful colour, but I don't have any ufficial record about this issue) and the F 512M in all the others colours.
    22 cars on 501 is rarer than 75 on 501! 😀

9. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
  10. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Stunning! Loves me some Giallo Ferraris...

11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius

Thank you! I love my 512M but London is not nearly as ideal as the Cote d'Azur for such a dream machine, for reasons of traffic, weather, roads, lack of safe places to park when on an outing, etc. I am imagining evening cocktails at the Chèvre d'Or and blasting back afterwards..

On the subject of federalisation I am imagining the person behind this very knowledgeable site

F512M USA - About the F512M

would know - indeed I would be amazed if he's not a member here. I would also suggest posting a thread in the TR forum on this board if you haven't already. I know the USA cars all have a plaque inside them that proves they were factory US cars and suspect this may add value also. But the delta between Europe and US prices for these is currently high as you imply so worth investigating and I would be interested to know the result. Good luck!

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Rookie

Mar 14, 2015
    Thank you Darius for the suggestion.

I contacted Donald the person behind that nice website, it seems we will have to wait another 5 years to beat the DOT rules and regulations. At 25 years they all fall off.
    Otherwise some U.S.-based collector could drive my car there but in his garden only, and on track.

Anyway, I am keeping going to enjoy - as you say - evening cocktails at La Chèvre d'Or, with my Giallo 512M and blasting back afterwards!

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I know a little about the federalization issue...
    To my knowledge there is not an avenue to Federalize a Ferrari, IF there was a legally imported USA/Canada equivalent.

Ferrari themselves try the best to discourage it, maintaining the car would need too many "special and expensive" parts!!

But, there are a few workarounds, Show and Display is one avenue, for rare cars and the production numbers of the 512M may be a possibility for that route. Military service members often import Euro versions, but I am not sure exactly how they get them legal.

To me, if I had the money, I would simply bring it in, and hope no one noticed..:rolleyes: but the dealer would know of course, they would have to know to order any parts.

The Federalization you hear, about the 512BB, only worked because there were no North American versions, and that was many years ago.

A Euro 360, or even a 328, becomes an odd legal position.
    After 25 years the laws seem to relax, but I don't know exactly in what way.
    (I know a collection in Switzerland, moving here to Houston, and his 456, and others cannot come in, his 512BB is allowed!!!)

HTH, sorry.
    GLWS!!

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My brother he has a large ranch...you would have to avoid the Longhorns...:D

We are not so far from the 25 years, then.
    Wow!
    Time it flies by......I recall a yellow F512M in Houston, Texas when it was a new car.

15. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    How could one contain themselves for 5 years while one waited for the 25th anniversary to get a Federal waiver?! Just how much is there in my 401k???

16. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    ..........now, now Vince just what you need another F-car (sure would be nice though). :)