Superb 1986 328GTS w/fresh Major | FerrariChat

Superb 1986 328GTS w/fresh Major

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Jedi, Jul 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 Jedi, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yep - I can't believe I'm typing this... but it's time for my beloved Sofia to move to a new caretaker. The time is right and I recognize that.

This is a beautiful 1986 328 GTS in extremely good condition - 71,3xx miles -she is NOT a garage queen but is a very spirited, agile DRIVEN car - I've put a TON of money into this car to make her so. Of course, she's "Ferrari Red" - and the prettiest red 328 in the greater Seattle area I've ever seen (TacElf's BLACK 328 is better, but it's black :))

TONS of receipts for service - all oil & fluid changes done on schedule with Alfa of Tacoma. Carlo Durante of AoT is a 40+ year Ferrari-trained mechanic who long ago actually worked in the F1 pits for Enzo. He's the only person during my ownership to put a hand on this car mechanically, so if you know Carlo and his work, you know what that means.

I'll post a TON of pictures, but if you have questions please EMAIL ME DO NOT PM - I'm going to be out of town a lot this coming week on business without much chance to check PMs here.

Fresh Major Service - August 2, 2013 it was completed - $4000. Major before that was in November 2008 - $5500 - right after I bought her.

New Tubi Exhaust n- $5000
    New fuse block ($908)
    New battery
    All new "important" relays - fuel pump, etc. - those are NOT cheap or easy to find!
    New Catalytic converter
    New hoses and belts top to bottom including all fuel hoses
    New plug wires and boots
    etc. etc. - paperwork to confirm all of the above included
    Includes my "Goo Getters" (Yellow things in second batch of photos) included - keeps the initial carbon vapor from stain floors and walls behind during warm up
    Fresh oil/fluids change in January 2015
    AC runs cold - refreshed August 2013
    Exempt from WA emissions and most others states by now as well - WA Tabs good until next April
    Serial Number 61515 - January 1986 Delivery

She runs INCREDIBLY well - like a new car in every way. PLENTY of clutch left - almost new - (I'm a very good driver in that regard). Michelin Pilot Sports have almost new tread depth.

Includes took kit (probably missing one or two), jack kit, original owner's manual in modern leather case, includes original shifter knob and a brand new Puma/Ferrari luggage bag that I bought in 2008 but never even used! Also includes the $380 Pearl White Satin car cover from Ricambi - see photos.

I've investigated the current market and based on what my car has to offer, and it's overall condition and service level etc. my price is $76,000

Test drives, PPI, etc. on your dime of course - but the car doesn't leave my house unless I'm in it :)

Please inquire about any questions or additional photos of anything you want to see.

AMAZING car at a great price....

REMEMBER: EMAIL ONLY to my F-Chat listed email address!!! NO PMs because starting the 13th until the 18th I likely won't see them!!! EMAIL FOR MY CELL PHONE NUMBER as well if you want to talk it up.

Car is located just outside of Tacoma, WA - 35 miles South of Seattle

Jedi

NOTE: I won't be able to respond to requests outside the lower 48 US States. Payment must be in CASH, in person. Buy a plane ticket - that's what I did when I bought the car in WA DC in March 2008 - I flew out there and paid the seller in Benjamins. No paypal, no checks, no wire transfers {mod note: wire transfers permitted, see later in the thread}. If you have $76,000 to buy a car or can get a loan for that, I'm sure you can find a way to get the money in cash {mod note: wire transfers permitted, see later in the thread}. Sorry, but there are so many scams out there and I don't want to waste my time with ANY of them. Lastly, car is sold "as is" no returns, and please - SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Sorry, but ya gotta put the fine print in these things :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #3 Jedi, Jul 12, 2015
  3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #4 Jedi, Jul 12, 2015
  4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well sorry to see it listed but hope the sale goes quickly and smoothly for you!!

I have to ask what the little yellow cups are for though? Never seen that before.

5. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Beautiful car GLWS!

Please excuse the potentially ignorant question, but what the the yellow cup-like objects on stands that you've placed near the exhaust tips?

Ruben

6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #7 Jedi, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    LOL! My "Goo getters"? When you start up any older car, there's going to be a little condensed moisture - and it can spit out bits of black stuff - since the wall DIRECTLY BEHIND the exhaust tips where I back the car in is WHITE, I found that it is best to put the "yellow cups" behind the exhaust for the first few minutes until the car warms up and the water vapor subsides, and quits spitting out the black stuff. Perfectly normal - but most people don't park with the exhaust tips 3 feet from a brightly painted white wall!

Also, note the "air intake" vent for the furnace - also directly behind the car. The yellow cups GREATLY reduce the exhaust from being drawn into the furnace should it be on during warm up. The wife GREATLY appreciates that feature as well :)

Were I to "head in" park it wouldn't be an issue at all.

I actually ran a thread on those a couple years ago... the "Jedi Patented Goo Getters" I believe it was

:)

Jedi

7. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Damn, I not sure which I like better, your garage, or your car. Both loolk great.

If you car sell for close to $76K it will inspire me to try and get more for my Mondial. Would like to sell it and move up to something newer.

Good luck.

ceb39

8. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks - prices on 3x8 cars are very good right now. I think I've got it priced just about right, based on what I'm seeing out there for actual selling prices.

It's a pretty awesome car - in crazy-good running condition....

Thanks for the compliments, by the way :)

We'll see.... I'm patient - but I think the price is right all things considered

Jedi

9. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #10 Jedi, Jul 12, 2015
  10. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I understand your concerns regarding scams. But I think it would be a stupid move to go to the airport with 76k cash. Even if the money was legal and you could prove it they still might confiscate it. Sure you would get it back at some point but who knows when.

11. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    PM with an offer if you're serious.... let's talk. I paid CASH to buy it... but ???

I don't take chances. Convince me...

When I bought the car in WA DC, the seller drove me to a Bank of America where I withdrew the cash... I handed to the seller and bought the car.

I don't expect you to GO TO THE AIRPORT with cash LOL!! But what bank do you use? We have them all in Seattle....

How is that difficult? But I'm willing to talk...

Sorry but I'm not going to take a check for $76 grand... would YOU? :)

Jedi

12. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

You had said that you flew out and gave the guy Benjamin's. I just assumed that you had the cash on the plane. You never mentioned anything about having to go to the bank and withdrawing cash.

13. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Pretty car - looks great! :) I am sure a serious seller and a serious buyer can figure out a payment that works for both - can't imagine that holding up a deal. GLWS!

14. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    They call it a "Wire Transfer" boys. Good as cash as the funds can't be returned/reversed. I did it for 2 of the 3 cars I sold without any issues.

M.

15. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

The op stated he wants cash only.

16. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Ha, I guess I never saw that thread. I kind of figured they were something like that. Good idea I suppose with that nice a garage. I just let it splatter where it may! ;) Should raise the price at least $4-$5 for including those. :)

17. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Breathtaking!

18. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Exactly!

Very strange but GLWS Jedi

19. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fine with wire transfer then.... :)

I just hate getting screwed on deals and if it's going to happen, it's going to be ME :D

But yeah - bring me a wire transfer offer and let's talk....

Jedi

20. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Jedi, as a dealer who sends and receives wire transfers all of the time for cars, I can tell you that a wire is completely safe. Once that money hits your account, it's yours. Can't be reversed.

Beautiful 328. Good luck with your sale!

21. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #22 Jedi, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Thanks for the confidence - much appreciated. I have never sold such an expensive object other than a house LOL!

So - WIRE TRANSFERS ARE FINE :)

Also, just heard from another member here - Teller Transfer from any bank in my state is fine as well - I open an account at your bank, you do the transfer there and then.

Thanks again,

Jedi

22. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Beautiful car! In this condition and being such a known entity to all of us here, this is an absolute bargain. GLWS!

And, yes, wire transfers are safe. :)

23. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

So buy it.

24. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I was going to! As Jedi can tell you, I was all over this car before he even listed it for sale. I've gone off in a different direction, however, and now the 3X8 cars are no longer on my radar. Got something else working at the moment. :)