Ferrari 348 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 348

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by reinerkaiser, Jul 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    #1 reinerkaiser, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have owned this 1990 Ferrari 348 TS (rosso corsa TS, tan interior) for 18 years so although I love love love this car it is time for something different. The car has the following upgrades / modifications:

-355 body panels (all bolt on)
    -TS roof and lower panels in body color
    -serie speciale carbon fiber/kevlar (original Ferrari) bucket seats
    -serie speciale MOMO steering wheel
    -serie speciale motronic chips (+20 hp, Ferrari original)
    -Ferrari challenge exhaust (stock exhaust included)
    -18 inch wheels on wider tires (stock wheels included)
    -cat bypass (stock cats included)

the serie speciale/challenge upgrades save around 100lb in weight.
    the car has been very well maintained and is in perfect working condition as it is being driven regularly, the following maintenance has been performed recently:

-new timing belt service 2012 @40,000 miles
    -replacement transmission 2012
    -new transmission oil 2014 (mobil 1)
    -oil/filter changes (mobil 1) every 3,000 miles, recently done (~4 weeks ago)
    -new front tires, rears still have good thread

the car is in Redondo Beach and some local FChat members have seen the car around at gatherings, plus 348 Ferrari gurus such as "FatBillyBob" "Ernie" and "Plugzit" have often lent a helping hand when maintenance/repair was required.

the 355 "conversion" may not be everyone's thing and it is fully reversible, not a single hole was drilled. personally I like the upgraded look of the 355 a bit more however the 348 has more bullet proof mechanicals so in a way you could say it is "the best of both worlds"..

the car has 49xxx miles so a bit high however it has been driven on a regular basis. at this point i feel that i have solved all 348 issues such as

-sticky interior
    -starter relais fails when hot
    -transmission issues
    -throwout bearing
    -new clutch in 2010, resurfaced at Friction Materials Long beach (twin disk), plenty of life left

and i have had trouble free driving fun since 2012. so it might be fair to say that the car is fully sorted. it currently has the bypass pipes installed however with the stock cats the car passed smog with flying colors. I can help with the install for the smog check if desired.
    I am asking $47,000 negotiable. I have noticed that Ferrari prices have recently been going up, hoping I am not making the mistake of selling an "appreciating investment" too soon!

please send a PM if interested or contact me at [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I love those seats! GLWS!

3. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Great looking car and great ad! I didn't see the year or price, or am I just too exhausted from work? The mods can help you edit the ad/title if it's too late to do it yourself.

I might be interested, pm me the price if you don't want to put it out there. I'm helping my friend pick up his 911 in San Diego this weekend so I could possibly come check it out.

4. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    oh sorry, forgot some "small details". it is a 1990, I am asking $47,000

5. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Wow, excellent price. It should sell quickly. Sooooo want those seats!

6. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    Cuneo sadly I will be out of town this weekend. Please pm if you are interested

7. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    thanks all for your kind words.I have received misc. PMs/emails for the car, no decent offers yet. I am trying to post more pictures here, is this possible or do I need to renew the ad?

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Please do post more pictures. ;)

They attach in the same way on a contributing post as they do on the opening one when you use the reply button or quote button rather then the quick post form at the bottom of the page. Hope that helps.

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Do you happen to have the original 348 body pieces that were swapped out for the f355 bits?

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I think that this is one of the coolest things I have seen on here in a while. GLWS!

11. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    #11 reinerkaiser, Oct 1, 2015
  12. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Do you have the original 348 body parts with the car?

13. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    sadly I traded those against the 355 parts. I am starting to realize that while I personally like the look of the 355 much better, many prospective buyers prefer the original lookm of the 348. I have seen these intake side grilles offered on ebay for ~400-600$ a piece so it is not impossible to source them and restore the car back to original. I might do that if I cannot sell the car as is..

14. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    lowered price, now asking $44500

15. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
  16. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    #16 reinerkaiser, Dec 6, 2015
  17. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    hmm for some reason fchat downsized the resolution again..

18. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    I would find it helpful, and perhaps other buyers would also, if you list the parts and prices for those parts in a concise post that need to be replaced to bring back to stock.

I suspect it would help you get a fair price and the buyer know what extra expenses they have in store.

I personally love the 348 & 355 look, so if I were to buy one I'd want to be as close to stock as makes sense. Just my $0.02. GLWS!

19. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I much prefer the 355 look versus the 348 (Testarossa want-to-be look). In my local FCA Region Penn Jersey, there is one with similar retro fit and it is an 'upgrade' in my book. I am not an originality freak as people know so that is my 2 cents.
    Ken

20. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Since already modified I think silver 355 wheels would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Nice ride. Looks like it is due for engine out belt service which is reflected in the price. Still a good deal.

22. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    I appreciate everyone's input. as usual, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. at the time I felt (and still do) that the 355 look is more modern, streamlined and really to be considered an upgrade. However, it is possible and not too expensive to revert back to the original look, all panels are bolt-on.

i have seen the side panels original in the correct color for ~300-500$ (ebay). the front panel is around 600-1000$ based on condition..

23. 97AutoXVette

97AutoXVette Rookie

Sep 7, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    ^^agreed. If I weren't holding off for a 360, I would definitely consider this car. Some tasteful modifications to make this 348 look/feel a bit more new-age, and the exterior modifications compliment the cars overall look IMO. It very much resembles what I would likely try and change on a 348 if I owned one myself, including those black wheels.

Perhaps it will help a potential buyer, but what does the motronic chip change in the computer to net an additional 20 hp?

GLWS

24. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Have you considered putting back to original and offering 355 parts as perk to buyer? Personally I'd rather buy a stock vs modded 348.

25. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    i will consider restoring the car back to original if i have not found a buyer in a few weeks.
    regarding the timing belt service, the car has less than 8000 miles on the new belt. i know Ferrari recommends 3 years or 30k miles / 45k km but the 3 year recommendation which is based on aging of the rubber makes very little sense if the car is not raced and not kept in climates with extreme temperature variation. the car had two timing belt services, each time the old belt came out looking like new..