1989 328 GTS, 22k miles, Platinum @ 2014 Cavallino Classic | FerrariChat

1989 328 GTS, 22k miles, Platinum @ 2014 Cavallino Classic

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by gbutler, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    #1 gbutler, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nero Black w/tan leather, SN ZFFXA20A0K0079822, original warranty card & complete books, both tool and jack kits with no missing items, Car has original keys (including 3 w/folding head), under dash plug in light, and targa top tonneau cover. This car is 100% stock and complete as delivered from the factory (w/ exception of original window sticker) and everything works!

I have owned the car sine late 2011 and the car resided in California from new until 2010, as reflected by it's problem free CARFAX. I had a major service completed to include belts, tensioners, and water pump in late 2011 shortly after purchasing the car. Mileage at the time was 19.8k. Since this major, annual services have been performed and the car has performed flawlessly.

As one would expect of a platinum judged car, the original interior carpets, seats, dash, etc are exceptional, as is the exterior paint. The car even has the original engine air intake hose that is specific to only 1989 cars. All gold plating finishes in the engine bay are free from corrosion and in remarkably good original condition. All decals are present on all parts of the car as it was delivered from the factory.

Mechanically, the car starts immediately (hot or cold), idles and pulls smoothly throughout the rev range. The clutch engages crisply and the car shifts thru all the gears with very little resistance and no synchro issues. In fact, it is the easiest and smoothest shifting of my four Ferraris. The brakes are strong and do not pull to one side and the suspension is tight with no worn shocks or bushings.

As for issues, the car could use a set of rear tires and there is a small, less than 1" crack (purely cosmetic) on the rear edge of the targa top. Additionally, a paint meter shows evidence of paint work on the drivers side rear quarter panel.

I am selling the car as well as my 1986 Testators to finance the purchase of a 246 Dino. If you have a Dino and are interested in any trades let's talk.

I am asking 109k for this proven show winner car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
  3. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Beautiful car..GLWS ! On a side note , could you post a photo of the Cavallino trophy, just curious about what it looks like.

4. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Glenn, you're not asking enough money for this.

GLWS, but you won't need it. :)

5. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Maybe I am not asking enough -- but just wanting to get into a Dino pretty soon! Good luck with selling your 89 as well. And you should keep your GT4, I am!

6. galileo

galileo Formula Junior

May 20, 2011
    Im interested in the TR....please call me or pm. 917-282-3896

Thx

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, that didn't take long to find the Dino!!

GLWS, Glenn!!

8. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Nice collection - awesome and GLWS!

9. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Glenn – I hate to see you sell her as she is a good example and someone will end up with a great car. I agree with Michael that you are not asking enough. Hope to see you at Cavallino in January with the Dino. Good luck on the sale.

Regards

10. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Paul, thanks for the kind words and of course I will be at cavallino. I have already booked my room and I plan on bringing my 512 BBi

11. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    To the post that was deleted - MELS offered me SN 2938 --- this car is going to be auctioned at Russo & Steele in Monterey. I guess I should have been a little clearer in my initial post - I am interested in any Dino trades but would prefer a car from a private individual or one that is not already on the market. I am pretty familiar with all the current cars being marketed by the various brokers and dealers.

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
  13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    PM sent on possible trade

BTW 02938 is a Dino 246 GT, are you flexible or only want M series GT Dinos?

14. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    This is not entirely correct. I bought my 512 BBi from Ferrari of Atlanta and at the time gave them my 328 to try and sell it on consignment. Their consignment agreement gives them 60 days to try and sell the car. At the end of the 60 days, I decided to keep the car rather than renewing the consignment agreement and continue to let them find a buyer. So their web site is incorrect in listing the car as sold. They did have the car in their showroom for 60 days and I think once I took it back they just marked it as sold on their web site since they no longer had the car in their possession to sell.

15. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    I believe 2938 is an early E series. Anyway, I am flexible on series of Dino, although given the volume of production I will probably wind up with an E series. I would love to have an early L series car, but then again that is much more money. I would also prefer a GT as I like the lines of the coupe much better.

16. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    FYI, I've driven Glen's 328 and it's solid and beautiful. GLWS and I look forward to seeing the Dino !

17. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    The TR is gone, now I just need to move the 328 before jumping into a Dino

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Good job on the TR. I love the silver /red Dino GTS that RM is about to auction.

19. dhmotors

dhmotors Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    Very interested in 328, can move quickly for purchase. pls contact

20. dhmotors

dhmotors Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    Hi Glenn, looks like a beautiful specimen, how can I get in contact with you, i'm an interested buyer

21. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Just sent you a PM

22. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    It's a beautiful car, I know we will regret not pulling the trigger!

23. Nick@ginalireo.com

Dec 31, 2011
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Nick ginali
    I would like to make an offer for your car. Please email me at. [email protected]

Thanks in advance

24. Nick@ginalireo.com

Dec 31, 2011
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Nick ginali
    I am a sincere collector specifically looking for a black 328. As luck would have it, I just sold one of my other cars last night and am primed for some new artwork. If your car is available, please contact me. You may also call my mobile at 847 638 0615 if more convenient. Please note I am no tire kicker.......

25. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Car is sold pending final payment. I will let everyone know if for some reason the deal falls through