WTT 1983 Ferrari 308 QV GTSi | FerrariChat

WTT 1983 Ferrari 308 QV GTSi

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Rostami6, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    #1 Rostami6, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After going back and forth for the past few months I have decided to let go of my 308. I bought the car over a year ago around the same time as my Testarossa. I was trying to decide between the 2 cars and when I found both here locally and couldn't make up my mind so I decided to buy both of them. I didn't actually take delivery of it until towards the end of the year as it was getting a complete engine rebuild. It has 39xxx miles on it. The car has been gone through by Moorespeed here in Austin who is very reputable and well known. No expense was spared and every item with issues was addressed. Haven't added everything up but I have somewhere in the range of $25k-$30k range for the work done. I have the complete list of everything which has been done to the car which I can provide. The car is mostly original with some tasteful mods. I have almost all original parts. It sits on 16 inch tires and wheels but I do have the original TRX.
    I bought this car from a local member with the intention of keeping it forever. However I am realizing out of the 3 Ferraris I own, this one will get the least amount of driving. When it's time to drive one of them, the 308 keeps getting skipped! I just love driving the Testarossa more. I don't want the car to just sit there. As you all know these cars have to be driven.
    So back to the topic. I am not looking to sell this car out right. I will be OK with keeping it. But I would not mind replacing it for a driver quality 930. I actually was looking at those as well when I was searching last year but I decided to go with the 308 . I've had a few 930s in the past and for some reason I keep going back to them. I am not looking for a garage queen or a show quality car which will get trailered to shows and win awards. I am looking for a clean car which I can drive on a regular basis. My preference is an American spec car with working AC since I am in Texas. It also HAS to be a coupe. Color is not important but I prefer darker colors. Cash up or down depending on the car. If this interests you please pm me and we can talk on the phone and I can give you full details. I thought it would be pointless to put all the information here since I am not actually marketing the car for a straight sale.
    I have attached one picture of the car. There are a few more in my garage section. I can provide more pictures including some interior shots. The car is at Moorespeed for the break- in oil change and valve adjustment after the 500 miles post rebuild. So I will post more pictures when I get it back later this week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Very nice example!!

I can vouch for Moorespeed.
    Top notch engine crew there, for sure.

GLWT!!
    Talk to Ferrari of SA, or FoH?

They can trade you out of it, I am sure!!!

I have a friend in Houston at European Cars Ltd, that can help find the Pcar from his customer base.

Phil Lightfoot.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Looks like an 84 model

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Why the heck would it need an engine rebuild at 39,000 miles?

5. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    It's a 1983. The black pillars by the windshield were painted red at some point from the original black.
    When I had the ppi done, it failed the leak down on one of the cylinder pretty badly. At first we were all puzzled why as well. David Moore himself rebuild the engine. He did not understand it either at first. but I was told more than likely a broken or damaged screw (or bolt, I can't remember which one) from the injector had found its way inside and had caused the damage inside. I'm not sure if I understood that correctly but either way the work needed to be done.

6. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Thanks BigTex. I haven't really reached out to a dealer. I thought I'd try the members here first to see if there is anything out there. And I'm not in a hurry really. I have another 911. It's not a turbo but it'll do until I find the turbo. But I may reach out to your friend later.

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    If you would consider a well documented Red '86 930 Coupe, I would be interested in a possible trade scenario.

Jonathan

Feel free to PM me if interested and we can discuss further.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sorry Jonathan!

I didn't mean to leave our most excellent Dallas dealers out of the conversation!
    :D :D :D

Dealers have a reach, to seeing and transporting the "right car" that is almost magic!!

9. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    To answer a common question which has come up a few times, I have all the service records since new with all the books and window sticker.

10. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    #10 Rostami6, Sep 8, 2015
  11. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
  12. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    #12 Rostami6, Sep 8, 2015
  13. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
  14. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    #14 Rostami6, Sep 8, 2015
  15. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    #15 Rostami6, Sep 8, 2015
  16. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Very nice - turn your spare upside down and hang your washer bottle from the bulkhead

17. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    looks great GLWT!

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  19. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    #19 Rostami6, Sep 12, 2015
  20. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I've had a few people reach out but none have been what I'm looking for. So still looking...