1978 308 GTS 23421 | FerrariChat

1978 308 GTS 23421

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Jdubbya, Sep 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Call this a barn find or fire sale, whatever you like. This car and I are fairly well known around here. This is a solid car but it does have issues, the big one right now being its current owner.

I have owned this car for over 12 years and have put way more money, time, frustration, and love into it than i care to add up. But sadly for many reasons its a bit neglected right now and its time for it to head to its next home.

I had one bank stop working and ended up putting Pertronix ignition in it. Had the distributors rebuilt at that time. Had it running for awhile and started having fuel issues. I replaced the fuel pump, hoses, and filter and then found some warn parts on the linkage. Installed new throttle cable and parts of the linkage.

I now find that it will idle but I have not been able to get it to smooth out so I can synch the carbs properly.

It is a US spec 78 308 GTS and has 105,744 miles on it now. Car was originally black over red. Someone years ago painted the upper half resale red leaving it in boxer trim appearance. I replaced the entire interior with leather. A ton of other work was done at the same time including replacing all the sheetmetal in the trunk/boot area as it was all rusted. There is a small rust spot on the lower section of the driver door in the typical spot but I cleaned/sealed it will POR 15 when doing the interior work. There was rust by the rear side markers when I bought it but that was all professionally replaced and essentially the whole back end of the car repainted.

Yes this is essentially a fire sale as ive been dealing witb some health issues and dont have the time or patirnce to try sorting it out anymore.

Way too much other stuff to list. I will include a large book full of receipts and records from my ownership and going back two previous owners to 1995. Ive not been able to find records for the car from before then.

I have boxes of new and old parts that can be included if the sale is at asking or close.

The car had no jack or tool kit or owners book when I bought it. I found all three although the book is not from this car. Am also told the jack kit is likely from a later car as the jack is black but it is in like new condition. The tool kit is not so nice and is not quite complete. The roll also has some mouse damage from wherever it came from. Again will include these with the car if sale is at or close to ask.

Asking price is $52,500.

With all the extras included I still think this is a fair price. With not a whole lot of effort this car should be worth a lot more. Like they say, my loss is your gain. This is being sold as is where is with no guarantees and transportation is at buyers expense.

Please be serious with any offers. Im being honest about the car and my need to sell.

Thanks,
    John

PS..I will post some pictures tomorrow am too beat right now. Here is the thread from the interior redo for some idea the amount of work that went in...http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328/83679-308-interior-resto-remodel.html

2. Jimmyd123

Jimmyd123 Rookie

Jul 12, 2015
    Please call. Me at 571-438-7884 interested

3. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #4 Jdubbya, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    WHY is fchat turning all my pics sideways?!?!? Argh.

5. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You will need to crop the length.

6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Never realized you were a Boxer Trim brother!

Just wanted to vouch for the originality of all the components, in the pictures.

I would firm up on your ask $$$, as IMO getting this thing running right is but a Shop visit away, to the right shop.
    The only issue I have ever had, with my carbed cars, is that you have to find someone that remembers a carb....:D :D :D

Rifledriver would have this car leaving two black strips on the road!!

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    get well soon, John..

9. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah Etip has a GTSi and we called out cars the twins. Mine was not originally boxer trim but was an all black car. Someone before 1995 painted the upper half red. If I kept it I was thinking about putting it back or redoing the boxer half in flat black.

But am getting a few decent offers so will probably have a deal done this week. Its time!! :)

10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Sale pending.

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  12. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    i have a 1979 that is black with a black boxer trim, so gloss black over flat black as well. getting painted back to original right now. this is the only other one I have heard of.

13. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    We boxer trim folks need to stick together. Jonh had his when I got mine. We even had the same Gotti wheels!!

Sad to see the twin go....

14. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine was never a real boxer trim car though. It was all gloss black that someone painted the upper half red. The bottom of mine was still gloss black. Although if I had kept it I was thinking of painting the bottom half the proper flat black.

As for black over boxer trim the only other I know of is a GT4 up in Canada.

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Now that is at a dealer and there is controversy, why not name the buyer?