1987 Ferrari Testarossa - 8,900 miles | FerrariChat

1987 Ferrari Testarossa - 8,900 miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by ExoticClassics, Oct 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExoticClassics

ExoticClassics Karting
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2015
    Syosset, NY
    Full Name:
    Reid
    #1 ExoticClassics, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1987 Ferrari Testarossa for sale

Exotic Classics is proud to present this stunning Nero Black 1987 Testarossa with Tan leather interior. The car has covered less than 9,000 miles since new in the hands of two owners. The most recent major service was performed in June of 2015 so the car is ready for years and miles of reliable performance. Books, tools and keys are included. The Testarossa was one of Pininfarina's most extreme designs. In period buyers paid huge premiums to own these late 80's TR's, and they have been recognized in recent years as significant Ferrari collectible Supercars. This is a superb example.

Price: $169,000

Questions or concerns please call or text 516-655-0940 or email [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. euro_king

euro_king Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2009
    San Jose, Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jastien Weiss
    wow looks good

3. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Wow , extremely low mileage and perfect TR .... good luck with the sale

4. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Is it me, or does that interior look a little worn for the mileage?

5. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    +1

6. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    #6 versamil, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Well the car wasn't driven much, so the owners got their thrills from pretending to drive it. Looks like they always had a passenger go along for their pretend drives too, looking at the seat bolster.

I know the draw of sitting in these cars, how can a person resist it for 27 years? It's unfortunate but you have to TRAIN people how to get in and out of these low cars, especially if they're heavy. I think it's hard for a bigger person to plant their butt in the car, without rubbing the bolsters. I'm SOOO careful getting in mine, but I think a lot of people never think about how to do it without rubbing the seat harder than neccesary

Harder yet is to resist DRIVING it. That's 300 miles a YEAR this car has been driven. That's more criminal than wearing the seats down as they pretended to drive it.

Sure a great looking car however- the owners obviously let lots of their friends admire it in the second best way possible, sitting in it and wafting in the incredible smell of all the leather.

7. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    still, they really do look rough . car looks as though it was a car show attraction for a $1 sit and pic

8. ExoticClassics

ExoticClassics Karting
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2015
    Syosset, NY
    Full Name:
    Reid
    I would like to remind everyone about the posting rules and would appreciate it if useless/unnecessary comments were left outside my thread.

Thank you.

(Anyone posting in a classified thread, other than the thread creator, must be: 1) asking a legitimate and relevant question; 2) providing accurate, first-hand information on that specific car, item, or seller; or 3) leaving a quick compliment/GLWS comment. All other commentary (negative comments regarding the condition or asking price, for example) will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators. )

9. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    +1 Something just isn't right......Just my humble opinion......

10. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why is it that the seller takes offense on comments based on visuals only but does not see their own misleading information as a "must not." Don't assume that everyone will see the seats and draw a conclusion. Either close the doors if the description is to say "Superb," or leave the doors open and do not leave it to the prospective buyer to decide based on pictures.

11. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

seats are way to beat up for a sub 9k mile car. If you post a vehicle comments can be both +/- thats just the way it goes.....

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think questioning the bolster wear is legitimate. Perhaps the photographs do not do the car's interior justice.

13. galileo

galileo Formula Junior

May 20, 2011
    I have owned a couple trs. The interior does not age well, even the low milage ones that I've owned, especially the bolsters.

14. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

yeah other than that it looks great

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

well the bolsters appear quite worn on this one too. I just don't know how this happens? do people not know how to get in a car?

16. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    This is part of the problem. Also, he probably didn't drive the 1,000 miles 9 times, but more like 9 miles 1,000 times.

17. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Beg to differ. I have an 88.5 Tr with over 45K miles and my interior/bolsters are in great shape. I also know of three others in the area that have anywhere from 10K to 30K with nice interiors as well. Those seats have been exercised...

18. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Totally agree. All that wear does not make sense. I've rarely seen a passenger seat bolster worn like that. My seat bolster never looked like that. My car had 35k on it give or take a few when I sold her. Don't remember exact mileage. I'm 6 ft and 254 pounds. perfect and superb ? Strong words.

R

19. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Nice car. GLWS.

20. ExoticClassics

ExoticClassics Karting
    BANNED