2000 Ferrari 360 Modena 6-speed Rosso Corsa on Black | FerrariChat

2000 Ferrari 360 Modena 6-speed Rosso Corsa on Black

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by 360brit, Oct 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360brit

360brit Rookie

May 16, 2014
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Stu
    #1 360brit, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Located in Calgary Alberta Canada
    33,900 miles with Complete documented service history since day one - oil changes every year and major services done as per Ferrari recommendations.
    Binders full of original receipts including details of the 4 owners including myself.
    No accidents.
    Spent its first 12+ years in California, and was serviced at Ferrari dealerships. Summary available on request by email, and inspection of originals in person.
    This all original (apart from the Tubi exhaust for that great 400hp V8 sound) 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena 6-speed manual in Rosso Corsa Red has been really looked after and it shows.
    No driver seat bolster wear, no sticky switches, no sagging dash leather, and great paintwork, though there are some paint chips on the front bumper.
    Black leather interior with red stitching still looks immaculate.
    Has original owners manuals, factory red velvet car cover, seat and steering wheel covers, full tool set, all 3 keys and fobs including red master, tire inflation kit, original window sticker, and Ferrari floor mats, and has the Challenge F1 rear grill
    Last major/belts done in 2011.
    Originally a US car, and a great deal for US buyers with the current exchange rate.

Pre-purchase inspections welcomed at reputable shops.
    No internet payments, No agents, No trades, Low ball offers will not be responded to
    Private sale, no GST.

$83,000 Canadian (approx $64,000 US with current exchange rate)

Send me a PM for further info.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    If everything checks out this will be gone by the morning.....

3. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    Amazing deal for a 6 speed. Somebody snatch this up!

4. boostd

boostd Karting

May 4, 2014
    Would there be much difficulty in getting this back into the US?

5. dlee888

dlee888 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 19, 2015
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Originally a US car" would mean it should not be a problem to bring it back South....

GLWS!!

I agree, that's a NICE price....

7. BB55

BB55 Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    BB
    Importing these is expensive

Figure another 6k at a minimum just to get across the line

Shipping from Calgary, 2.85% duty, and broker fees. Then you get home and have to pay state sales tax, which would be another 3k for me. So add 9k to the number for me.

Car looks nice, sure wish this was closer to home, as I would love to buy it

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    $6k to import doesn't seem like much (10% of the price here and this car seems priced very well for what it is). Just an FYI to other thread readers, many states don't charge sales tax on such a registration (AZ for example).

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, you pay sales tax on ANY out of state purchase when you get tags...

That's not an import fee.

I have never had to pay an import broker, as my Canadian delivered Ferrari was already in the states when I bought it.

10. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Well done on opening your post count :)

11. f360nh

f360nh Karting

Apr 12, 2014
    NH
    Full Name:
    John Q.
    Don't you pay state sales tax on *any* purchase, whether in state or out of state? I think that's what the blue book at the DMV is for?

12. jantzen

jantzen Rookie

Aug 12, 2015
  13. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not in Illinois. You pay tax on the vehicle when you register it, not when you buy it. Obviously when buying from a dealer in Illinois this is all done in-house but when out of state you pay up when you get back home.

14. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Importing a Motor Vehicle | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

"Re-Importing A Previously Exported Vehicle
    A vehicle taken from the United States for non-commercial, private use may be returned duty free by proving to CBP that it was previously owned and registered in the United States. This proof may be a state-issued registration card for the automobile or a bill of sale for the car from a U.S. dealer. Repairs or accessories acquired abroad for your vehicle must be declared on your return and may be subject to duty.
    In some countries, it will be difficult or impossible to obtain unleaded fuel for your vehicle. If the vehicle is driven using leaded gasoline, it will be necessary for you to replace the catalyst and oxygen sensor upon its return to the U.S. To avoid the expense of replacing these parts you may obtain authorization from EPA to remove the catalyst and oxygen sensor before the vehicle is shipped overseas. The EPA telephone number for these authorizations is (202) 564-2418. When the vehicle returns to the U.S., the original catalyst and oxygen sensor will need to be reinstalled. However, you may now reenter your U.S. version vehicle into the U.S. without bond, upon your assurance that you will have the reinstallation performed."

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    ^^Exactly, you're not going to pay an import duty on a car originally registered in the US.

So you have sales tax and shipping, same as anywhere. Customs broker is inexpensive.

Looks like a great deal!

16. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Smoking deal for a red gated car assuming everything checks out.

17. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

In California you would be paying around 6000.00 for sales tax and registration.

18. f360nh

f360nh Karting

Apr 12, 2014
    NH
    Full Name:
    John Q.
    Ok but that doesn't make any difference if your end goal is to register the car?

From what I seen there's a sales tax levied on the private party sale transaction, but since it cannot be captured at the point of the transaction (say when the car gets sold and money changes hands privately) it is captured at the registration time...but the value is the same regardless?

Hence it would not matter whether you buy it from out of state or not as long as you intend to register it in your home state you pay the tax. If the state doesn't have sales tax I would assume that there's no sales taxes levied but there are registration fees/etc.

19. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
  20. koreanzombie

koreanzombie Karting

Apr 22, 2015
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    why dont you guys make another thread for arguing facts on importation..

glws to another albertan !

21. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Are you finally buying ???

Smoking deal for you !

22. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Oh, sorry for going entirely off topic and trying to help out the OP!

GLWS

23. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Just a PSA - not in every state, check your states laws (in Arizona - as one example - you do not pay sales tax on purchases from private parties either in state or out of state).

Oh yeah - OP GLWS!

Sounds like a great gated ferrari at a fair price.

24. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    One would need to do this for any ~$60k vehicle purchase, regardless of where the sale took place. Not a reason to consider/not consider this car, which is a beautiful example.

25. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Beautiful 3-pedal car and looks well cared for. Best wishes for your sale.