WTB 550 BARCHETTA | FerrariChat

WTB 550 BARCHETTA

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by LARRYH, Oct 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    #1 LARRYH, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    I am in the market for a US model 550 barchetta .. color is flexible ,, I am ok with a car with a few miles preferably no more then 10000..i want a car in very very good condition ...with a clean car fax ..a no stories car
    It is my desire to find one and buy from the owner but would be interested in one from a dealer..
    I am not interested in paying a world record price would pay a fair price for a good car..
    Thanks for any leads...please send a pm for initial lead.......

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #2 godabitibi, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    THANK YOU. I am considering these but trying to find a US car ... in location and origin.....

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Ferrari of San Antonio has one I have no idea about it, or connection to the dealer but just saw it on their website

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    thanks .... I will contact them...

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    There are no better looking modern Ferrari than the Barchetta. Mine has the roof. Not bad either, but it would be totally superb as a convertible....

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    the roof is a nice addition but love the roadster look,,,,

8. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    $599k....7k miles..limited options...No FHP
    previous owner traded this car against another Barchetta w/1700 miles...

Jack

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Thank yes I talked to them today ... to high for me.... don't mind the mileage but not at that price

10. MotoMeccanica

MotoMeccanica Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    Calgary Alberta
    I just viewed both Barcetta's this am at Kulu's.....top notch. He is also a very stand up guy to deal with.

Scott

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Thanks for the reference..

12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I found a car just finalizing a few details . I must say Ferrari chat has been very helpful with the this transaction which I must thanks Dominic ( candianfarrista) who went way out of his way to help out and also Scott both of whom helped to make a long distance purchase for me much easier....
    I cannot tell you enough how much Ferrari chat has helped me with my cars actually all of them
    I will give the details once we have everything finalized and of course as with all ferraris I spent more then I wanted but I feel these cars are very special and wanted one since years ago when there was one in my community that I would see around.

13. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    i guess i'm too late, but the showroom on park ave in nyc has one right now..they aren't a dealer, but may be able to direct you to whoever owns it.

14. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #14 msdesignltd, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You are mistaken, that is not a barchetta..
    Its a superamerica..and its $479,000.00
    belongs to Miller motor cars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Please share details and pictures.

16. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    DC Motors in Anaheim CA has a Red one. Ask for Todd

17. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Gorgeous color on the SA.
    Good luck with your search I love the 550 BPF and feel it one of those very rare iconic Ferraris

18. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I will once i have the deal is done but we have agreed and i have a deposit and bill of sale..several people on ferrarichat were very helpful... on both finding the car and looking at it for me....
    THese things are hard to find for a semi reasonable price... (around low 4s)
    I have always liked them and now i have one to match my 550 almost identical specs ...and same year..
    I considered a 575 SA and came very close to buying one but at the end of the day felt like a few more dollars would get what i really wanted....
    Larry

19. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

While the SA is in it's own right a tremendous car...really not a 'true' roadster/convertible as we all know....think targa etc.....Barchetta transports you to another time & place....visually, aurally & viscerally ! Congrats and look forward to pics.
    Jack

20. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    What was the real deal price on the 575 SA's you were trying to buy?

21. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    [QUOTE

I considered a 575 SA and came very close to buying one but at the end of the day felt like a few more dollars would get what i really wanted....
    Larry[/QUOTE]

It is interesting that the B has eclipsed the SA in pricing....perhaps not a gated SA ?
    Jack

22. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jack- There are only 33 LHD SAs with 3 pedals, and fewer US models. Very difficult to find. Since a 3 pedal 575M sold for $385K at Monterrey, I do not even want to think what a 3 pedal SA would cost, especially one with HGTC.

23. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Flash back 2010...I was "on" the blk/blk gated SA HGTC (rumor ex-Nick Cage?) @ 210k usd..Steve Harris Ferrari Utah....just "knew in my gut" that this was a special car.....based on my limited research at that time....my unicorn disappeared aver the horizon; vowed to myself never again ! Meaning if it feels "right" and if I can afford it..I will pull the trigger. Fchat littered with these tales.

Dom too was helpful when I was after a B. Always enjoy your info Taz,
    Jack

24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    everywhere I had 3 i considered agreed priced from 400 to 415.. asking prices were much more then that ,,.. I am not shy i offer what i was willing to pay ..regardless of ask..and got told no a lot but that is what i found and came close to buying very close .....they knew I was a real buyer and that helps ....
    then I finally found a barchetta and decided I would go for it.. (it was more money)..

25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Interestling in my search i ran into a guy that has 3 SAs including 2 3pedal cars (he was selling his 4th .. it was very nice car and a nice guy...