Award Winning 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS | FerrariChat

Award Winning 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by TrojanFan, Oct 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1 TrojanFan, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1986 Ferrari 328 GTS
    VIN: ZFFXA20A6G0060053
    Mileage: 70,675
    Price: Asking $79,499 on AutoTrader – Willing to sell for $75,000 to someone from FChat
    Color: Rosso Corsa with Tan interior.
    Title: Clean Nevada Title with current registration and Classic Car plates.
    AutoCheck: Clean AutoCheck report with a high score of 79 (normal range is 59-76)
    Awards: 2015 Pasadena Concorso Award Winner
    Location: Sherman Oaks, CA (30 minutes from LAX or Burbank) Will pick up serious buyers from the airport.

Highlights:

• Beautiful and well maintained Ferrari 328 GTS
    • 2015 Pasadena Ferrari Concorso Argenta Award Winner with a score of 91.5 (Points deducted were for fire extinguisher, aluminum pedals and stainless steel hoses (all easily removable)
    • Upgrades include Carbon Fiber Air Intake Pipe, Stainless Steel engine hoses, Aluminum Billet Pedals and LED Gauge Lights (Original parts included if you want to switch back)
    • Original California Car with service records
    • Vintage Alpine Stereo/CD Player with Rockford Fosgate Speakers
    • Complete Owners Manual, Original Tool Kit, Spare Tire and Jack
    • Recent Service including: Timing Belt replacement with new Hill Tension Bearings, New AC and Alternator Belts, Oil & Oil Filter, Air Filter, Air Intake Sleeve, Gear Oil, AC Recharge and Coolant flush and refill
    • Recently featured in “A day in Malibu” video and photo shoot
    • Seen at Ferrari Pasadena Concorso and Ferrari Supercar Sunday (May 2015)
    • Clean CarFax and high scoring AutoCheck report
    • Clean Nevada title, Registration and currently plated as a Nevada Classic Vehicle
    • Well sorted and runs/drives strong

Who doesn’t recognize the iconic and classic styling of the 328? This first year 1986 model is fun to own, fun to drive and generates smiles with whoever sees it. The recent surge in popularity and demand for these cars has pushed prices on the “Garage Queens” to $150,000+.

At $79,499, this particular car is one that you won’t be afraid to drive but it still looks very sharp and scores high in the shows.

Vehicle History & Documentation:

Original California car from Walnut Creek Ferrari in the San Francisco Bay area and stayed in California with service by Walnut Creek and Ferrari of San Francisco until 2010 where it did a short stint in Illinois and the Idaho until I brought it back to California (and registered it in Nevada) in 2014. I believe that I have the complete service history and parts receipts for the car, at least all major service, though there could be a missing oil change or two along the years. CarFax and AutoCheck show no records of any accidents with the car. I can email the service records upon request.

Body:

The car is very straight and shows no signs of any major body work. There are touched up rock chips and small flaws in the paint that are typical of a 30 year old vehicle and there is a paint blend along the leading edge of the hood above the bumper which is also typical of someone addressing the “road rash” from driving over the years. There are no creases in any of the body panels that I can ascertain and all of the door, hood, and engine compartment open and shut well with good lines. All rubber seals are in good condition with the seal from the door panels to the rear of the targa roof being recently replaced. All original Ferrari glass with no cracks. There is one small chip in the windshield that does not penetrate the first layer of glass and looks to have been repaired. A metal strip has been added under the front spoiler to prevent scrapping. All of the lights and lenses are in good condition and work. The targa roof shows some minimal signs of wear along the edges but also typical for a 30 year old car. I do not see any rust anywhere on the car.

Interior:

Overall in very good condition for the age and mileage. The seats are in very good condition with no rips or tears. It does appear that the dye has been touched up. Most of the carpet is original however the floor and door panel carpet has been replaced. The targa roof vinyl cover is a reproduction. The roof and rear window liner cloth has been replaced. The dash leather looks very good. All of the gauges work and the dash and interior lights have been upgraded to LED bulbs for better visibility. The stock rubber pedals have been upgraded to Aluminum Billet pedals. I have Ferrari rubber for anyone that wants to switch back or for Concorso judging. There is a vintage Alpine Stereo/CD player and upgraded Rockford Fosgate Speakers for a much improved sound over the original 30 year old system. Shift knob is original black with orange.

Mechanical: Car runs and drives well. Presently the CAT is not on the car (bypass) but it is included with the purchase and I can have it re-installed. AC has been recharged and works. All systems work.

Major service item highlights:
    • Last timing belt service with Hill Tension bearings in May 2015. Service included new AC, water pump and alternator belts. Fuel X-over hose and fuel lines were replaced where needed. CAM timing was adjusted and coolant was replaced.
    • Oil and filter changed and AC recharged in October 2015.
    • Gear Oil changed and brake system flushed and refilled in September 2014.
    • Shifter serviced and water pump replaced in March 2011.
    • O2 Sensor and Warm Up Regulator replaced in March 2010.
    • CAM cover gaskets replaced in May 2004
    • 60,000 Mile service performed June 2003.
    • Clutch and Rear Main seal replaced in May 2001
    • Water Pump and ignition wires replaced in October 2000
    • 45,000 mile service in June 1997
    • 30,000 mile service in August 1992
    • 22,500 mile service in December 1991
    • 15,000 mile service in April 1991
    • Various Warranty service at Walnut Creek Ferrari April 1986 – June 1990.

Additional Items:

Spare tire is an original “mini” spare. The tool kit is original and complete as is the jack. All original manuals are included as well as a service history book, Technical Specifications, Electrical Diagram and CD of related information. I have two (2) sets of both the door and ignition keys.

Terms and Conditions:

The Car is being sold as-is with no warranty. Qualified buyers are welcome to inspect and test drive the car as well as scheduling a Pre-Purchase Inspection with a reputable Ferrari shop in the Los Angeles area (flatbedded both ways at your expense). I am willing to pick up qualified out of area buyers at either LAX of Burbank airports for an inspection. I will work with out of area buyers to coordinate with their transportation company or with foreign buyers to deliver the car to the port of Long Beach for export. Buyer to be responsible for all shipping costs and fees. Payment by cashiers check or wire transfer only. Title and possession will be given upon clearing of payment. I’ll even provide a full tank of gas to send you home with this beauty!

Additional photos or AutoCheck report available upon request
    Service records available to qualified buyers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
  3. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've seen this car in person several times and have to say that it is gorgeous. If I had the room it would be in my garage.

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks Kevin. I'd like to keep her myself but two Ferraris in the garage is all the wife will tolerate (without too much of a fight) and I am set on adding a V-12. 550, 612 or 456 on the horizon soon (maybe a Testarossa) so I need to let her go to a good home.

5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for the pm's and emails. I do have a lot more photos and I can take specific photos of whatever you want and email to you. The service records have all been scanned and can be sent via email for review.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Gorgeous, especially the 4th photo!

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Willing to pass her on to a new owner (car not the girl). Anyone looking to give themselves an early holiday present?

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Gorgeous, GLWS!

9. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Great looking car! GLWS!

10. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wouldn't this car look great with a big bow around it sitting under your Christmas tree? If you need it there by Hanukkah, you better hurry. Still time to make it yours by the holidays!

11. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Kwanzaa starts Dec 26th, so still plenty of time for some.

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    But with holiday shipping, best to order now.

13. kurtbob

kurtbob Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Augusta, GA
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    It would also make a good Festivus gift, I'm sure.

14. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Especially if your grievance is that you don't have one!

15. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous!!! The car is beautiful too.

16. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #16 TrojanFan, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had my 328 out at the huge SuperCar Sunday Motor4Toys event Sunday. We had a group of about 25 of us gather earlier for a caravan in. Here's a shot of the car from the early gathering.

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Still time to have this car in your driveway for the holidays. I have a very reasonable California based shipper that I can recommend. I'm willing to bring it to the Port of Long Beach for out of the country shipping as well.

18. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Still asking $79,499 in the various marketing media BUT lowering the FChat price to $74,000. Time for someone to bring this baby home!

19. awilson

awilson Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2013
    Annapolis Md
    Full Name:
    Andrew G. Wilson,II
    Beautiful car. GLWS

20. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You missed your chance to have her home for Christmas. Next best thing...Bring her home for the new year!!!

21. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice

22. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    New Year, time for a "new to you" car. No one brought her home for the holidays. Time for someone to drive her in the New Year.

23. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
  24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bumping in hopes of a serious offer. Will also consider a trade: my 328 GTS for a 456+ cash.

25. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    $75K seems like a reasonable price for this car - someone buy it! GLWS!