360 manual coupe | FerrariChat

360 manual coupe

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by drjon, Nov 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a 360 manual coupe. Here is my wishlist:

less than 20k miles
    shields
    color- Rosso Corsa (with tan interior), Nero, or Argento silver
    good condition of course
    service history
    as much original parts as possible- not looking for mods.

I have seen a red/tan for sale at CNC Motors that fits the bill, but the price is $$$$ asking $139K. The red ones seem to command a higher asking price compared to black or silver. What are your thoughts on this one?

Thanks for your help!
    Jon

2. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Good luck in your search. I was really close to pulling the trigger on one this past spring/summer and wish i did... there seems to be appreciation going on with the manual tranny coupes. Not much downside it seems financially to owning them.

3. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
  4. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi, thanks for sharing the link. Do you mind if I ask why you ultimately passed on this car?

5. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi BladeMD, thanks for sharing the link. Do you mind if I ask why you ultimately passed on this car?

6. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    #7 BladeMD, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First, I'm really not a black car kinda guy... Had a black 350z and it was hell to keep looking sharp.

Second, even though it's a USA car, and they do provide a Canadian version of autocheck, it's not as detailed as carfax in trying to sort out where it's been and what shops worked on it. Also, they didn't send me much in way of receipts, although $95k made me not real interested as I already was talking to others at a lower price point. Perhaps they would be more motivated if you were really interested and pushed them.

Just this past week, I bought a Grigio / Bordeaux 2000 24.6k miles with solid records, recent major service, and solid PPI, and extra OEM CS rims and rubber in addition to the OEM starfish rims, for less money.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #8 2MS, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Gorgeous! Love that color combo on the 360 and 550.

Congrats.

8. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow! That is a beauty! Congrats! Where are you looking for cars? I view ebay, autotrader, cars.com, dupont registry, and Fchat. I never saw the black car or this one. You were able to get this one for less than $95K?

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Very nice indeed :)

10. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    John is a nice guy, trying to do the right thing as a dealer, but got pulled into reselling that car. You can thank Paul Motor Company and their horrific mishandling.

I got a PPI at F of Quebec on that car. Will take some reconditioning, very weak history. Some things may've been corrected by now.

11. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks AHudson for the info. They quoted me $1000 for transportation to and from the F dealer plus $300-$800 for PPI. So you must have spent about $1800.00 to find out that the car wasn't in such good shape. Did the PPI indicate how much money it would take to get the car properly sorted out? Thanks! Jon

12. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  13. Jim's car. You got a very nice one!

14. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    A grand to take it to the dealer? Hmm. Nope, Paul Motor Company took it there at no charge, I believe they're nearby.

I had a long talk with FofQ service manager (who is good friends with the manager at the F shop I use here.) We estimated $8 grand or so USD to sort. The deal got very sour very quickly when Paul Motor Company went silent and resold it w/o disclosing the PPI and other facts. There are lingering legal issues, about all I can say.

15. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Yes EarlyCat, Jim sold me his. (Lucky me!)

Great guy to deal with and very honest on everything with the car. Feel lucky to have bought it from such a great car guy who took good care of it. He didn't bend much on price, but gave me a very fair market value.

Goes to show there are great cars out there to be had. :)

To AHudson, I had the same misgivings about that car and its weak history... I didn't pull the trigger on the PPI because of that. It's cool hearing about your experience with it though.

To the OP, don't rush into it... Take plenty of time and don't be afraid to spend the money on a few PPIs if you need to find the right car. The market is going up, but the speed which it goes up probably won't be so fast that you can't take your time and find a fair deal on a good car.

16. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    #17 cgfen, Nov 23, 2015
    Good luck with your search.
    PM me if you want to chat about my recent shopping / buying experience.

17. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  18. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    AHudson- what a drama to go through but definitely cheaper than buying the wrong car. I had a similar issue with a 328 GTS that I was looking at from IAG Motor in Florida, and the PPI found body damage that the IAG ultimately said they knew about but didn't disclose because it wasn't on carfax. Anyway, I ended up getting a very nice one from San Francisco Sports Cars, and now am looking to add a stable mate with the 360 coupe. Thanks again!

19. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    #20 BladeMD, Nov 23, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words!

I looked at all those as well and I also paid for a subscription to the ferrari market letter and did routine google searches for the VINs of cars I was interested in...

There was a blue/tan 360 3pedal with about 40k miles I was very interested in, but when I called the dealer was awaiting a wire transfer from a buyer. I did a search on the VIN and found Jack Babbitts website with Jim's car listed as well as the blue car.... Unfortunately I missed out on the blue one, as that is my wife's favorite color combo, but the car I just bought was still available although off the market and back at Jims house.

Jack got us chatting and we struck a deal.

Doing google searches on the VIN can result in useful stuff... I found old archived ads for my car from when it had 10k less miles... Found it had a belt service at a point where it wasnt listed on carfax, and I had a 2 year gap in my records on it.

There seem to be little nooks and crannies in the interwebz where Ferrari ads live, and many Indy mechanics will also help broker and/advertise clients cars.

20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Bellisima! :)

21. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    #22 metaldriver, Nov 23, 2015
    They also had a red-black six-speed (I don't remember what year model) coupe with 24,000 miles in March for $95k. I got them down to $90k, and as we were negotiating just as I was about to put the deposit down, another salesman sold it out from under me and the salesman I was working with.

A week or so later I lucked into a black-black six-speed 2001 coupe with 17,000 miles for almost 10% less, from a Ferrari dealership.

22. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Metaldriver- nice find on the black/black! Post some pics!

23. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    #24 metaldriver, Nov 23, 2015
  24. drjon

drjon Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Los Angeles,CA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Beautiful, congrats! I like the yellow calipers matching with the shields, very elegant!