Might want to sell my 1989 Mondial t MAYBE | FerrariChat

Might want to sell my 1989 Mondial t MAYBE

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Lino, Nov 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    #1 Lino, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello,

I am not sure I want to do this but here goes.

I just got my car back from the shop, It has been in there for 2 months. I brought it in for an ABS issue (replaced ABS motor relay) but then I asked to fix a few odds and ends. I wanted it perfect.

1- Window switch
    2- Antenna switch
    3- Speakers
    4- AC

Well it was quite a ride, I got speakers from Best Buy which ended up being too thick, spent weeks looking for something that would fit.
    Could not find a switch for antenna… finally found one.
    Got the wrong switch for window….finally got good one.
    Got a new AC compressor only to find a leak in the line…. I will only get that fixed in the spring…plates ran out and my mechanic was swamped…

So I didn't miss the car too much and I got it 99.9% working perfect minus the leak o AC that I will get fixed.

My Car has 16500 miles and has had 2 belt changes, the last about 4 and half years ago, I put about 3000 miles since. New belts, Hill Tensioners and a new water pump. See 1989 Mondial T in for service post from me.

She is as clean as they get, look at my posts. An excellent pedigree. I have every document for the car.

Please if anyone is interested to buy a great car, PM me.

No low ball offers please. I may not want to sell the car and just keep it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
  3. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Included: leather tool box, seat covers, car cover, original manuals with leather sleeve, lots of magazines with articles, original Ferrari brochure, 2 sets of original keys, 1 Ferrari key, and 1 original Ferrari battery tender adapted to the car.

4. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Extra parts: original floor mats, original tonneau cover, 2 rear electric window motors, 1 spare shock actuator, original water pump, electronic ignition module and 2 coils.

I also have copies of repair manual and parts manual.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Red and grey? Interesting and pretty uncommon. Original?

Very nice too.

6. Philly

Philly Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Phil Gelso
    Respectfully - if you'd like to offer your car for sale , then do so and include a price - to not include a price and repeatedly suggest you might not wanna sell it probably isn't going to motivate many buyers - just my 2cts ...

7. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Mine too.

8. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    True--what they said.

9. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    I'll offer $25900. But honestly I don't know what a low ball offer on Mondial is.... So forgive me if that qualifies.

Looks like a great car, but honestly I'll never understand the blocky minimalism of the 1980s. Seems "incomplete" in someway that I can't really describe otherwise. GLWS, unless I am NOT a low baller, and if so, hit me up for some cash so we can get this thing in my garage!

10. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Do you want it or not?

But I can assure you, $25900 IS a lowball offer, and an embarrassing one at that.

11. dragonshoe

dragonshoe Karting

Mar 28, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It always bothers me when someone says "no lowballs" when they don't even list an asking price.

12. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Where can one get those mondialt floor mats? Awesome!! Don't think they are original/oem, am I wrong? How/where can I get them? Thanks.

Temple

13. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
  14. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Is it really?

1982 Ferrari Mondial 8

Metrolina Auto Group

As previous posters have said, it's not really easy to know where to start when you don't post an asking price. I was just trying to give a starting point to the OP.

And, yes I do want that car for that price :)

15. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    I'll pay you your full asking price, but I'm not sure if I want a Mondial.

16. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Mondial 8 and a QV are totally different cars. One cannot compare these with a T. The looks, technology and driving behavior is very different, if not the best of the Mondial serie. One is looking at a car of at least 40K (that being at the low end), especially with the extra parts. Try to get a spare shock actuator from somewhere.

However an indication might be useful, but respect for Lino. It's difficult to sell something if you are attached to something so at the same time difficult to give an indication.

17. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

+1

Ad's like these are usually a way to ask for an impossibly high price.
    Either it is for sale or it isn't. Not "maybe for sale". lol
    So make up your mind first and then try again.

I like the car though.

18. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Gee I have an idea, how about if someone is interested in Lino's Mondial they pm him and then price can be discussed.

19. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    FChat could improve this by requiring posters state the asking price--some of the other auto forums have this requirement.

20. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Just for the record... Lino originally posted this thread in the Mondial forum, which would have been an informative and constructive discussion amongst this model's aficionados. How it got moved to the classifieds is another story.

21. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes, that is especially embarrassing! Would you really buy an older Ferrari of which you know nothing about? ;)

Please see Tijn's post for some initial insight. :)

22. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    That changes things a lot.
    IMO intended classifieds should have to state a price.

23. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    As someone who has been actively shopping for the last 2 years and in earnest the last 6 months, when 3.2 and T Mondials all jumped $10k in price (ridign the 308) there has been a noticeable slowdown in their sales rate. Yes that's seasonal too, but a year ago cars were moving very quickly in that $25-$30 range. Now that that range has gone $35-$45 its not so active, so does that mean they are priced right? Something is priced right when it sells IMO. I'm not bashing the Mondial, because I'm looking for one.

This car looks very clean, hard to fully tell because the palm tree is in the way :) but should be at the upper end of the price range no doubt. But what is that realistic price range...?

24. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    It would have to be extremely sorted to fetch more than $35K in the "real" market. The 3.2s fetch up to $30K, the 3 liter cars with the railroad sleepers fetch up to $25K. Asking prices are of course all over the place, but meaningless.