1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta 6-speed Coupe | FerrariChat

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta 6-speed Coupe

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by tcbquattroporte, Feb 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #1 tcbquattroporte, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta 6-speed Coupe

This 1997 F355 Berlinetta (coupe), vin #ZFFXR41A7V0106618 has a 380 HP mid-mounted 5-valve/cylinder 3.5L V8 engine with a 6-speed gated manual transmission. The car is finished in Nero (black) paint with beige leather interior, custom black/tan Ferrari logo floor mats, billet aluminum pedals, driver foot rest and passenger foot rest. All buttons, switches, gauges, lamps, etc. work as they should. There is no shrinkage, pulling, stretching or excessive wear in the leather. There are no "sticky" issues.

I have the car's service records in a bound book from 2003 and 15,000 miles to the present date and mileage. I don't know anything about the car before that time except for what shows up on Carfax, but the car seems to have been well sorted and well maintained by its previous owners. All Ferrari factory recalls have been performed. The odometer shows 63,266 miles. The exhaust headers and alternator were replaced at 47,476 miles. All recommended major services have been done to date. The fourth and most recent major service was completed at 59,911 miles, including new timing belts, cam belt tensioners, gaskets, spark plugs, hoses, belts, fluid changes and all other items normally done with a major service. Recent additional maintenance was performed at 62,282 miles including oil, filter and fluids change, new engine mounts, new transmission mounts, and installing new Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I recently installed a set of Hill Engineering aircraft spec aluminum skid plates, Hill Engineering billet aluminum dead pedal and passenger foot rest, a new polished Ferrari shift ball, new K&N performance air filters, a new premium Duralast Platinum battery and a new on-board battery tender. There is no record of any accident damage or any obvious evidence of body work and the Carfax record is clean. There are some small paint chips on the front bumper and lower hood that have been touched up, but they are not very noticeable, and I plan to have the car fully detailed before delivery to the next owner. The car drives great and sounds amazing through the stainless steel Tubi exhaust; it pulls strong throughout the entire RPM range, does not burn oil, transmission shifts well, clutch action is good and the steering is precise and tight. There are no unusual noises present. The car is never driven in weather and is always garaged under a custom fitted cover I had made in England.

I really love the car, but I also have a 1995 F355 6-speed Spider, so I've decided to sell the Berlinetta to someone who can appreciate all it offers, and maybe acquire another model Ferrari or other exotic marque to replace it in my very eclectic collection. I am pricing the car at $69,000, but if I don't find the right buyer, I am perfectly happy to keep both of my F355 Ferraris because, as you probably know, the Ferrari F355s have been appreciating in value significantly in recent years, and the general opinion among Ferrari market gurus is that this trend will continue.

Specifications, Features and Options

• Steel monocoque chassis with tubular steel rear sub-frame
    • 380 HP longitudinally mid-mounted 5-valve/cylinder 3.5L 90° V8 engine, aluminum block and heads, aluminum alloy pistons, titanium alloy rods, 11:1 compression, Bosch M5.2 Motronic engine management system, dry-sump oiling system, 8500 RPM redline.
    • "Tubi" stainless steel performance exhaust
    • Manual gated 6-speed, transverse mounted transmission
    • Dry, single plate clutch
    • Independent front suspension, double unequal-length wishbones, coil springs over pressurized gas-filled telescopic shock absorbers with electronic dampening
    • Independent rear suspension, double unequal-length wishbones, coil springs over pressurized gas-filled telescopic shock absorbers with electronic dampening
    • Brembo ventilated disc brakes, vacuum assist, switchable ABS
    • 225/40 ZR18 front tires, 265/40 ZR18 rear tires
    • Power rack and pinion steering
    • Limited-slip differential
    • 0-60 4.6 seconds, Top Speed 183 mph

• Kenwood in-dash FM/CD/GPS Navigation system w/tilt-out viewing screen, remote control, trunk-mounted amplifier and six speakers.
    • Custom black plush carpet floor mats with tan binding and prancing horse and Ferrari logo
    • Tan Connally leather interior in very good condition
    • 35% tinted windows, shaded windshield
    • Halon fire extinguisher
    • Custom made one-off fitted stretch car cover in black with red piping and silver Ferrari logos with plush lining and Ferrari Logo zipper bag.
    • Ferrari F355 OEM complete three-tray tool kit with Ferrari leather case
    • Ferrari F355 OEM owner's manual with Ferrari leather case
    • Two sets of keys with remote fobs

I also have a set of chromed 360 starfish wheels I was planning to install this spring, and I will sell them to the buyer of the car if desired. Please excuse the quality of the photos; I took them with my phone late last summer. I hope to take some good photos when the weather turns nice and, if the car doesn't sell before then, I'll post them when that happens. Please send me a PM if you have questions or need additional information.

This is a very clean driver's car; not a trailer queen. Yes, it is indisputably one of the most beautifully designed cars ever to come out of Maranello (or anywhere else, for that matter), but these cars need to be driven, and driven often. Besides, driving an F355 is an experience unlike any other; the driver's connection to the road is surgically precise while satisfyingly visceral, but also civilized enough for longer cruises. If you are like me, you've dreamed of owning a Ferrari since you were a kid, and now is your time…..imagine yourself behind the wheel.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    How many miles currently? Date of last major?

Ad would benefit from some (much) better photography but a 6 speed 355 should be quite in demand.

3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    nice 6 spd

4. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    Believe the current mileage is 63,266 miles.....and agree the date of the last major is important.

5. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    At one time I had the identical floor mats for my 575M. I have been unable to locate another set and was wondering if you would be so kind as to advise from whom you purchased your custom mats?

Wishing you the best of luck with sale.

Rick

6. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Tom,

Nice F355. Nero on tan 6-speed Berlinetta from '97 is the exact spec car I picked up last year. The black cover is cool as well. Wish I had room for another one. Enjoy and good luck with the sale!

7. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
  8. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Nice car. GLWS!

9. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Nice Looking! GLWS!

Robb

10. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    GLWS

I love your car cover. Would like to get one for my RC/Tan GTB. Can you offer any more info?

11. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    #11 cf355, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    quality cover for sure...excellent fit & finish

12. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looks like a great car for someone to drive and enjoy. GLWS!

13. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Gorgeous 355... And honestly, that car cover is one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen. Would it be possible to PM me who made it? I'd love something like that for my 360!

14. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    I agree that's the nicest car cover I have ever seen

15. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    +1

16. ferrari bud

ferrari bud Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome cover, would love to find out who you purchased it from? GLWS!

17. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom
  18. ssnowball

ssnowball Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2013
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Scot
    Car cover may be a custom design (created by buyer) at a UK firm you can reach at classicadditions.com. Price is reasonable, it the design options make it difficult to make a decision.

I agree, the OP's cover is probably the best looking I have seen.

19. HRE Wheels

HRE Wheels Karting

Oct 4, 2013
    Vista, Ca
    Full Name:
    HRE Wheels
    Sorry, what was the date of the last major?

20. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Last major was 06/24/12 at 59,911 miles, less than 3500 miles since that service. Engine sounds and run perfectly, idles smoothly and pulls very strong to redline.

21. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  22. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom
    To all you members asking where I got the cover, send me a PM.

23. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Same for those of you wanting to know about the floor mats.....PM me.

24. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom
  25. tcbquattroporte

tcbquattroporte Karting

Jan 31, 2014
    New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tom