1988 Ferrari 328 GTS | FerrariChat

1988 Ferrari 328 GTS

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am very pleased to offer this 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS. In a very elegant and classic color combination of Rosso Corsa over Crema interior, this 328 has only covered 30,000 miles in its lifetime. This car came to me on consignment from its current owner, a prolific collector of classic and exotic automobiles. When he purchased the car in 2014, he took the car to Moorespeed in Austin, Texas, for a full mechanical refresh, including changing all fluids, a full brake service with replacement as necessary, new fuel and coolant hoses and lines, and various other miscellaneous services. The last timing belt change was done in 2012 by the previous owner, so a timing belt change was deemed not necessary at that time. Service records before this date back to 1990, almost to when the car was purchased new, detailing its full mechanical history.

The paint is in excellent condition, having been extensively detailed by the current owner, only showing the expected small rock chips and other imperfections commensurate with the car's age. The interior is also in original condition, displaying a lovely patina. Previous owners have made very small reversible modifications and additions, such as the chrome shift knob, a period stereo system and radar detector, and the side shields. The steering wheel currently installed is not original, although the original steering wheel is included with the car.

This car is one of the last "early 1988" 328s before the 1988.5 changes, and it does include some transitional parts of the 1988.5, such as the side mirrors with the Cavallino Rampante, the redesigned inner door handle and armrests, and the gas shock for holding the front compartment lid open. Many 328 enthusiasts prefer these 1988 cars, given that they have all of the running improvements of the 308/328 series, but do not have the ABS brakes and convex wheels of the 1989 cars.

Finally, the Carfax report for this car (link on my website) does show a small discrepancy in the reported mileage early in its life, probably due to a simple typo. However, the original condition of the exterior, interior, and mechanicals of this car support its displayed mileage, and I encourage your comprehensive inspection.

The car is now ready for its next owner, and should provide years of enjoyment.. The Ferrari 328 is a rapidly appreciating modern Ferrari classic, and finding one that has a full service history and in original condition is truly special. I look forward to discussing this 328 with you. For more information, please contact Michael Foertsch at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.

For more pictures and pricing, please visit my website: 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS ? M. Brandon Motorcars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Scuderia NoVA

Scuderia NoVA Formula Junior
    Owner

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Wow! This car is sn 75910. It had to have been built right alongside my former GTB, 75912 -- The silver/red car you had in your inventory too. Closest numbers I've seen for any car I've owned.

GLWS!

3. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Yeah, isn't that cool! I noticed the same thing. 75912 is now for sale at DriverSource.

4. Scuderia NoVA

Scuderia NoVA Formula Junior
    Owner

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Thanks for the update! I try to keep tabs on 75912's whereabouts when I can. Shame to see it become commoditized and not with a true home yet...Oh the seller's remorse I have to this day!

Sorry to derail. Back on topic: Red/Tan GTS. Concave wheels. True icon. 328s are hot right now.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm not one to participate in the circle jerk of praising the pricing of all the overpriced cars on this forum.

But this car looks to be right on the money, and from a first class guy I've worked with before.

Michael, how much would you charge to do the major?

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Shark01,Been here since 05 and not yet subscribed? For shame LOL

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah, seemed pointless to do so until I bought a Ferrari. The Lamborghini bug hit first.

Maybe Michael will pony up for me if I buy a car from him....LOL

8. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    You would need to contact Mark at Sphere Motorsports to find out how much a major service would be. The prices are changing all of the time.

9. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    If that's what it's going to take for you to buy this car, then I think I can make that work. :)

10. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    New guest here in search of my first Ferrari.
    This is a beautiful car and seems to me a reasonable price.
    What are everyone's thoughts on the "NAM" branded title?

11. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    New guest here looking for my first Ferrari.
    This is a beautiful car!
    What are everyone's thoughts on the not-actual-mileage branded title?

12. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice :) GLWS

13. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I'll give you my thoughts. But, keep in mind that I'm obviously the seller of the car; I encourage others to share their thoughts as well.

Yes, the Carfax shows a NAM title in the car's history. However, the current title is not marked NAM, and the mileage discrepancy is quite small from the Carfax report anyway. Regardless, it is a part of the car's history, and I have pointed this out in the description.

Having said that, it's common knowledge on this site that for any of these cars, given how often speedo sensors fail, and how easy it was for unscrupulous sellers back in the day to roll odos, the displayed mileage cannot be believed without rock solid comprehensive history. That is why I encourage inspection of this car (and any car that you may be considering!). I have a lot of experience with 328s, and the condition of the car does appear to validate the displayed mileage. In other words, this car presents as a 328 with 30K miles.

Does the small blemish on the Carfax reduce the value of the car? Of course, which is why I have the car priced as I do. Will you ever care about the Carfax report when you drive the car? No, you won't. :)

Again, I encourage others to share their comments.

14. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I've seen it in person and it's a nice car - coming fom a former 328 owner. Give Michael a call. GLWS.

Robb

15. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Bump. This car is still available. This is a really nice 328 at a really good price. I am listening to reasonable offers for my consignor. Thanks!

16. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Mileage means little to me - I think this car is well priced and should move quick. This is EXACTLY the car I wanted before I purchased my '84 QV. I'd trade it in a heartbeat for this car.

GLWS!

17. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Nice...GLWS

18. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Still listening to offers. My consignor is ready to sell his car. Thanks!

19. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    A forum member in Corpus Christi is interested. Hasn't been active on the board for years however we chat few times a year. He'll give you a holler on Tuesday -- he's in CA on business until then.

20. ch1953

ch1953 Rookie

Jun 8, 2013
    Very nice - and responsibly advertised, which is also appreciated.

21. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  22. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch