2016 Platinum Award Wining 1986 328 GTS | FerrariChat

2016 Platinum Award Wining 1986 328 GTS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by TrojanFan, Apr 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1 TrojanFan, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2016 Pasadena Ferrari Concorso Platino (Platinum) Award Winner!

Buy her now and next year a trophy can be yours!

1986 Ferrari 328 GTS
    VIN: ZFFXA20A6G0060053
    Mileage: 71,246
    Price: Asking $82,500 – Will consider offers from the FChat Community
    Color: Rosso Corsa with Tan interior.
    Title: Clean Nevada Title with current registration and Classic Car plates.
    AutoCheck: Clean report with a high score of 79 (normal range is 59-76)
    Awards: 2015 & 2016 Pasadena Concorso Award Winner
    Location: Sherman Oaks, CA (30 minutes from LAX or Burbank) Will pick up serious buyers from the airport.

Highlights:

• Beautiful, well maintained Ferrari 328 GTS
    • 2016 Pasadena Ferrari Concorso Platino (Platinum) Award Winner
    • Original California Car with full service records
    • Vintage Alpine Stereo/CD Player with Rockford Fosgate Speakers
    • Complete Owner’s Manual, Original Tool Kit, Spare Tire and Jack
    • Recent Service including: Timing Belt replacement with new Hill Tension Bearings, New AC and Alternator Belts, Oil & Oil Filter, Air Filter, Air Intake Sleeve, Gear Oil, AC Recharge and Coolant flush
    • Recently featured in “A day in Malibu” video and photo shoot
    • Seen at Ferrari Pasadena Concorso (2015 & 2016) and Ferrari Supercar Sunday (2015 & 2016), Photos have appeared on FChat several times
    • Clean CarFax and high scoring AutoCheck report
    • Clean Nevada title, Registration and currently plated as a Nevada Classic Vehicle
    • Well sorted and runs/drives strong

2016 Pasadena Ferrari Concorso Platino (Platinum) Award Winner!

Who doesn’t recognize the iconic and classic styling of the 328? This first year 1986 model is fun to own, fun to drive and generates smiles with whoever sees it.

The recent surge in popularity and demand for these cars has pushed prices on to $125,000 - $150,000+++. With this car, at $82,500, you get a proven Concorso show winner that you won’t be afraid to drive and at close to half of what many are asking for the “Garage Queens” .

Vehicle History & Documentation: Original California car from Walnut Creek Ferrari (San Francisco Bay area) and stayed in California with service by Walnut Creek and Ferrari of San Francisco until 2010 where it did a short stint in Illinois and the Idaho until I brought it back to California (and registered it in Nevada) in 2014. Complete service history and parts receipts for the car. AutoCheck shows no records of any accidents with the car. (Report available upon request)

Body: The car is very straight and shows no signs of any major body work and is in overall excellent condition. There are some touched up rock chips and small flaws in the paint that are typical of a 30 year old vehicle addressing the “road rash” from driving over the years. There are no creases in any of the body panels and all of the door, hood, and engine compartment open and shut well with good lines. All rubber seals are in good condition with the seal from the door panels to the rear of the targa roof being recently replaced. All original Ferrari glass with no cracks. A metal strip has been added under the front spoiler to prevent scrapping. All of the lights and lenses are in good condition and work. The targa roof shows some minimal signs of wear along the edges but also typical for a 30 year old car. I do not see any rust anywhere on the car.

Interior: Overall in very good condition for the age and mileage. The seats are in very good condition with no rips or tears. It does appear that the dye has been touched up. Most of the carpet is original however the floor and door panel carpet has been replaced. The targa roof vinyl cover is a reproduction. The roof and rear window liner cloth has been replaced with OEM style wool. The dash leather looks very good. All of the gauges work and the dash and interior lights have been upgraded to LED bulbs for better visibility. There is a vintage Alpine Stereo/CD player and upgraded Rockford Fosgate Speakers for a much improved sound over the original 30 year old system. Shift knob is original black with orange.

Mechanical: Car runs and drives well. Presently the CAT is not on the car (bypass) but it is included with the purchase and I can have it re-installed. AC has been recharged and works. All systems work.

Major service item highlights:
    • Last timing belt service with Hill Tension bearings in May 2015. Service included new AC, water pump and alternator belts. Fuel X-over hose and fuel lines were replaced where needed. CAM timing was adjusted and coolant was replaced.
    • Oil and filter changed and AC recharged in October 2015.
    • Gear Oil changed and brake system flushed and refilled in September 2014.
    • Shifter serviced and water pump replaced in March 2011.
    • O2 Sensor and Warm Up Regulator replaced in March 2010.
    • CAM cover gaskets replaced in May 2004
    • 60,000 Mile service performed June 2003.
    • Clutch and Rear Main seal replaced in May 2001
    • Water Pump and ignition wires replaced in October 2000
    • 45,000 mile service in June 1997
    • 30,000 mile service in August 1992
    • 22,500 mile service in December 1991
    • 15,000 mile service in April 1991
    • Various Warranty service at Walnut Creek Ferrari April 1986 – June 1990.

Additional Items:

Spare tire is an original “mini” spare. The tool kit is original and complete as is the jack. All original manuals are included as well as a service history book, Technical Specifications, Electrical Diagram and CD of related information. I have two (2) sets of both the door and ignition keys.

Terms and Conditions:

I am attempting to give as clear description of the car as possible for the limited space here. The Car is being sold as-is with no warranty. Qualified buyers are welcome to inspect and test drive the car as well as scheduling a Pre-Purchase Inspection with a reputable Ferrari shop in the Los Angeles area (flatbedded both ways at your expense). I am willing to pick up qualified out of area buyers at either LAX of Burbank airports for an inspection. I will work with out of area buyers to coordinate with their transportation company or with foreign buyers to deliver the car to the port of Long Beach for export. Buyer to be responsible for all shipping costs and fees. Payment by cashier’s check or wire transfer only. Title and possession will be given upon clearing of payment. I’ll even provide a full tank of gas to send you home with this beauty!

Additional photos or AutoCheck report available upon request. Service records available to qualified buyers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
  3. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Love the 328. GLWS. Looks very nice.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    nice! similar to mine miles year colors, mine wouldn't get more than 90-95 points though.

5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks Rob. Waiting for the scorecard to see what the final score was.

By the way, I see that you are wanting a '76 Bronco. My '70 is up for sale.

6. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    This car looked perfect in person. Won't be around long. GLWS

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thank you. You must have been at the Pasadena show. Join us sometime for the West LA or Valley Ferrari lunch groups. In the So Cal section.

8. boeckman2003

boeckman2003 Karting

Oct 7, 2015
    Beautiful... Why are you selling?

9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I also have a 355 which I really see as an evolution of the 3X8 and I really want to try one of the V-12's. When she sells, I'll miss her and the classic style but I'll be moving into either a 550 or a 599.

10. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for the pm's. Please, if you are asking for more photos, be specific on what you want to see - engine, interior, more shots of the girls, etc. I'm more than happy to send them but I'd like to be sending what you need/want to help in your decision.

11. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice :) GLWS

12. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I did see this 328 GTS at Concorso Ferrari. Great show and great cars. My TR also was a Platino (Platinum) Award Winner. Anyone in the market for a 328 GTS must see this one.

13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Accepting offers. Car will be at SuperCar Sunday - Ferrari Tomorrow in Woodland Hills is anyone wants to see it there.

14. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #14 TrojanFan, May 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess I should be calling this a multiple award winner. I happened to swing by the Swedish Club Picnic that my wife was attending and they were having a Scandinavian Classic Car Show (Volvo's and Saab's). Without even entering the show, my 328 was awarded the 'People's Choice Best Non-Swedish Car". Now that really has to add to the pedigree!

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    For those of you asking, yes the car is still available and yes it has more miles than the other ones on here currently for sale but it has a full service history from new with a major recent belt service (2015), just won a Platinum at an FCA Concorso last month, is a great drivers car AND is SIGNIFICANTLY lower priced than just about any other 328 of it's condition on the market.

For those of you wanting to get into a 328 GTS without getting close to or over the $100K mark that you won't be afraid to drive, this is the car for you!

16. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    Ok, I'm pretty active in the SoCal scene. I've seen this car at many events and even had the chance to take her for a spin. In addition to the great visual condition, I can personally attest that this car drives SOLID (suspension, engine, brakes, etc.)

It's also worth noting that the judging this year at Pasadena was tougher (a few friends of mine didn't fair as well vs. previous years.) A Platino really says something about the condition... I cannot fathom as to why she hasn't sold yet!!

17. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
  18. Zippy2015

Zippy2015 Rookie

Jun 28, 2015
    Maplewood NJ
    Full Name:
    Greg Calabro
    like the car

love the girl!

19. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Which one? Brunette or Blonde?

20. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bumping to keep it fresh in your mind. You want to take this car home!

Will also consider a trade for a 456 + cash.

21. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #21 TrojanFan, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    I have mixed feelings about letting her go but I have my eye on another car at the moment and need to sell this one first. This is probably the lowest price on a recent Platinum award wining 328 GTS on the market anywhere.

If anyone has looked at a recent Hagerty's valuation, Condition 1 328's are now around $139K and condition 2's are at $98K. At my asking price, someone is getting a steal.

22. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Congratulations to boeckman2003 for selling his '86 328 GTS for $116,000+ on FChat.

Here's someone's chance to get a proven winner and drivers car for only $82,500 (or reasonable offer).

23. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    Congrats boeckman2003!

24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Keeping this on the front page so you have some choices with color combinations and prices. Its good to see some more cars that owners weren't afraid to drive coming to market. Buyer's have choices in a 328 from the mid-$70's to over $120K. It doesn't look like the prices for these are going anywhere but up. Pick the level that you want to spend and jump in. Summer is a great time to own and drive a 328 GTS!

Full write up and photos at the start of the thread.

25. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Summer driving weather is here! Who needs a 328 GTS for some topless driving?

Willing to consider reasonable offers.