1999 360 F1, great driver | FerrariChat

1999 360 F1, great driver

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by mikeyr, May 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    #1 mikeyr, May 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Its time to sell my 360, it has 60,xxx miles on it and I drive it every week so mileage will vary. Its Grigio Alloy and absolutely stunning exterior. Unfortunately it needs work and my dealer did me no favors in my last annual report by saying the car was unsafe to drive, so let me start off by saying its fine to drive. The brakes are worn and they mentioned that is why I should not drive the car, I have new pads I got from a fchat member just have not put them in yet. They also mentioned the plugs need to be changed but I had the belts/major done at Fastcars so the dealer didn't know that and put in the annual report. The clutch has 30% left so it will need to be replaced soon, I am guessing another 5,000 miles and I have stalled on the rear transmission mount which is gone because it made sense to do it while doing the clutch. I am pricing the car accordingly. My financial situation has changed and I would rather sell the car then spend the money on it. If it does not sell then I will trade it in for my wife's Porsche Macan. I have clear title on the car and it recently passed smog and has new registration. I am in Santa Barbara and there is no one nearby to do a PPI so that will have to worked out.

Its a F1 car, I upgraded it to a Capistro Twin-Sound and its sounds awesome, drives even better. It has a challenge grill on the rear and I have the original panel as well along with the removed exhaust. Lots of receipts from new (I don't think its a complete set from new but I have lots of them)

I am asking $55,000 for the car which given the mileage and work needed is fairly priced but I will listen :) Perfect car for someone who wants a driver and is willing to do some work on his own, I drove it daily for 2 years and loved every mile.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dennis_maine

dennis_maine Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    ME
    Full Name:
    Dennis Haines
    Hi. Is this car still available? How is the interior? What color? Perhaps most importantly, what could be done in terms of a PPI? It would need to have some sort of inspection, I should think. Do you have the CARFAX? If not, can you supply the VIN?

3. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    yes its available, the interior is dark blue, I will get some pics up. For the PPI, the car would have to be taken to a dealer that has the computer I assume, those are in L.A. about 90 minute drive to the closest one, (fastcars is my choice but they are 2 1/2 hours drive each way) I am not sure how to go about getting it there, I purchased it almost 4 1/2 years ago without doing a PPI and drove it home from AZ to Calif. I don't have the carfax but I will pm you the vin if you are interested.

4. dennis_maine

dennis_maine Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    ME
    Full Name:
    Dennis Haines
    Please do give me the VIN. Is the car not driveable, or is time the issue with getting it to the dealer?

5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    He stated in the ad he drives it every week so mileage will vary. Getting anything anywhere in LA is a huge pain in the ass.

I believe there is a guy in the Thousand Oaks area who works on exotics and comes highly recommended but not sure if he has the computer for the F1, that would be about 1 hour closer due to traffic.

6. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Damian at Calabasas Luxury Motors does PPI's and has the computers. They did the PPI on my 458. Near Thousand Oaks, about an hour from Santa Barbara.

7. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I have no problem driving it to LA, its the time that I don't have unless the PPI can be done on a Saturday.

I will PM you the VIN.

8. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    if your referring to Damian in Calabasas. Yes, he has the Leonardo tablet that does everything. He loves to fly too. He may even fly up to Santa Barbara to do it for you.

The transmission mount is a little bit of work. I just had mine done last year when the bushing disintegrated.

Damian @ Calabasas Luxury Motors
    818-223-8815

9. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    #9 mikeyr, May 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. dennis_maine

dennis_maine Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    ME
    Full Name:
    Dennis Haines
    Looks nice. Has the car had it's 60,000 mile service?

11. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    It had a major done at FastCars 2 1/2 years ago (nov 2013), belts, tensioners, plugs, fluids, that was also when the Capistro exhaust was installed. Last annual fluid change was Dec. last year (dec 2015).

12. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    Car is SOLD :)

13. ibseloni

ibseloni Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Full Name: