1984 Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole, 1 of 14, Fully Refurbished and Serviced | FerrariChat

1984 Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole, 1 of 14, Fully Refurbished and Serviced

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Jun 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Ferrari 308 is a undoubtedly a modern classic. Introduced in the mid-1970s, and continuing on through the 1980s, the undeniably beautiful lines of the 308 defined what a Ferrari was for a generation, and arguably still does today. And, the mid-engine V8 configuration of the 308, first introduced in the 308 GT4, lives on even today in the newest Ferraris. The first 308s used a 2-valve-per-cylinder carbureted engine, which was updated to fuel injection in 1980, and then in 1983 the Quattrovalvole was introduced, with a 4-valve-per-cylinder head, creating the most powerful 308 model.

However, the 308 buyer also had another choice to make. In 1978, the GTS body style was introduced, with the lift-off targa-style roof panel, offering an alternative to the fixed-roof GTB body. In period, new 308 buyers, especially in the United States, overwhelmingly chose the GTS, which meant very few GTB cars were imported to the US. By the time the 308 Quattrovalvole production ended, there were only 56 GTB cars in US-specification ever made, and for 1984, only 14 were produced. Modern drivers and collectors are now coming to appreciate the attributes of the GTB, with its fixed roof providing a more rigid chassis and a cleaner body silhouette, as well as its extreme rarity.

This car is one of the 14 1984 308 GTBs produced for the US market. It wears the classic and iconic Ferrari color combination of Rosso Corsa over Beige interior, and is just absolutely stunning to look at. And, this car has a very interesting history. In 2009, a fighter jet pilot based in Las Vegas purchased this 308 GTB, and decided to do a full cosmetic and mechanical restoration on the car to bring it back to "as new" condition. The entire car was repainted, the trim was refurbished, body panels were repaired as necessary, the wheels were refurbished and repainted, and even the side marker lights were removed for a cleaner profile. The interior was completely retrimmed in new leather, the carpets were replaced, and switchgear was replaced or refurbished as necessary. Mechanically, almost every system was addressed: the suspension was completely refurbished, the engine was rebuilt, the brake system was replaced; basically, anything that needed to be tended to was addressed.

In 2011, the car was sold to another enthusiast in Arizona, who completed the remaining mechanical work, and then in 2013, a well-known Ferrari collector in Colorado acquired the car, recognizing that this rare and fully restored 308 was one of the finest 308 GTB QV cars around. This gentleman made some minor performance modifications to achieve his vision of what a modern 308 should be: he installed a Wilbers suspension and Addco swaybars, and replaced the very heavy stock exhaust with a lightweight Nuvolari exhaust setup. All of the original suspension and exhaust parts are present, however, and will be included in the sale of the car. Finally, when I acquired the car, I had Sphere Motorsports perform an annual service, as well as install new Bridgestone RE760 tires, to bring this 308 fully up to date in its service requirements.

This 308 GTB has been comprehensively refurbished to essentially as-new condition in almost every area. The car looks absolutely stunning, and drives amazingly. The engine is extremely powerful, the exhaust sounds wonderful, and the suspension has a modern sporty feel. The GTB body style means the car is free of squeaks and rattles. In short, this 308 GTB Quattrovalvole is perfect for the person who wants to enjoy driving their Ferrari, which is what these cars were meant for all along. I look forward to speaking with you further about this very special and extremely rare 1984 Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole. Please contact me at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.

For more pictures and information, please visit my website: 1984 Ferrari 308 GTB (E0049461) ? M. Brandon Motorcars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kingfrog3

kingfrog3 Rookie

Mar 17, 2016
    What are you asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Sorry, I meant to say: For pricing and more pictures, please visit my website: 1984 Ferrari 308 GTB (E0049461) ? M. Brandon Motorcars

Also, I don't know why there were asterisks in my original post after some of the sentences. I have asked the mods to remove them, because I can't edit the original post anymore. No footnotes necessary. :)

4. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Also need to mention that the Carfax report on this car shows a "branded title - not actual mileage" earlier in its life. (although the current title is not branded) There is history of a documented odometer rollback in the files for this car.

Having said that, this is a "condition over mileage" car. This is a fully refurbished 308 that is ready for someone to drive and not worry about the displayed mileage. If mileage is your only concern on a car, then this is not your car.

5. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #5 308 milano, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been one of the owners throughout the history of this car and can vouch for the statement regarding odometer discrepancy. When I first purchased this car the Montana DMV inaccurately entered The mileage ( reversing two numbers ). Once I had title in hand I Immediately went to the courthouse and inform them of the severity of this error. Had a sheriffs deputy come to our house on the lake and verify mileage and submit paperWork to correct this error. Spent the next year addressing issue with Carfax and in the end they said the matter was resolved and corrected. BUT, this does not address the 21,000 + milediscrepancy after my ownership.

6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Always loved the GTB lines, GLWS!

7. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Saw this car when it was at Bonhams in AZ. It's very clean. GLWS.

8. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Thanks Kim for the additional details.

As for the additional mileage: all I know is that when I acquired the car, the mileage on the odometer was 68,xxx. Interestingly enough, the title that I have in hand also shows "actual mileage", but I'm certainly not representing the car as actual mileage.

What is the actual mileage? Frankly, who knows. But, this is a refurbished car. It's for someone who doesn't care about the displayed mileage, but who wants a fully redone car that they can drive and enjoy. And, this is why I have the car priced where it is; I've personally sold multiple 308 GTB QV cars with around 20K documented miles at $125K+. This car is priced taking the mileage story into account.

9. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    These QV 'Bs' are pretty rare, and at this price you could rebuild the engine two more times with the savings. For somebody who wants to keep this car this is a bargain

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have a guy that could refab the rear diaper.

You often run into that issue when you fit a nice exhaust.....

11. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    The rear "diaper" and original exhaust are present, just not installed on the car. Both of these items, in addition to the original suspension pieces, will be included in the sale of the car.

12. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Beautiful car. Car Fax is crap, they think they are above all of us, they are like dealing with the IRS.

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    This used to be my car and I can tell you that I've never seen a better 308 GTB QV in person. I'm absolutely serious.

If someone wants a really spectacular example of a rare car, call Michael and make a deal. It's a great car and as numerous Fchatters have attested to, a truly superb seller.

14. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Beautiful car Michael, GLWS!

15. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  16. lucky strike

lucky strike Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2015
    Pompano Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve
  17. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Nice car!! GLWS

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I can't believe that people are asking about horrible basket case cars in the 308 market thread that cost nearly as much as this car and yet this car is still here. I will vouch for the car; it would be very, very difficult to find a better 308 that this one, especially for the money.

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ah good to know, I was meaning replicating the pattern, mounting over the high performance system.

A definate improvement.

GLWS!

20. turboslut

turboslut Karting

May 31, 2016
    What's the price on this...or did it sell at the auction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Very nice add and presentation, I enjoyed reading it, very nice car.

22. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  23. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  24. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  25. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wow, what a looker! If i were to go towards a more vintage Ferrari this would have to be top of the list!