1994 512TR | FerrariChat

1994 512TR

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by DanielG, Jun 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #1 DanielG, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I agree with msdesignltd that the 1994 512tr is the rarest of all Testarossa's. Apparently only 38 for the USA and 38 for the rest of the world. And I believe the best color combination, Red over black.
    My car was not perfect,(Well it is now) I drive my car. Currently has 21,xxx miles on the clock. The car sometime in it's life had front left fender work done and the bird cage that supports the fender and bumper repaired, There bird cage repair was not good apparently but you could not tell unless you took the car apart.
    I slid on black ice and did the same thing, bummer. But the good thing is that I had the car repaired correctly at Ferrari of Beverly Hills, using only original parts, not repaired but replaced, OEM from Ferrari. The bird cage and fender were the last one's on the shelf at Ferrari.
    Hmm. My wheels were chromed originals, so....why not, I ordered from Ferrari OEM new wheels, and of course put new tires on, you don't want to know what that cost, ouch.
    Now it gets better......Ferrari of Beverly Hills is the only Authorized Ferrari repair shop on the west coast to do certified repairs. While in there hands they dinged my car door UGH!!!!!! So you can spray a fender with single stage paint and blend it, but now they put a ding on the opposite side. Now Ca VOC wont let you spray that much old school, so...
    The better part.....They stripped and repainted my whole car. Yes they basically restored my whole car. And OMG it is stunning. That's over a $30,000 paint job. Now in base coat clear coat which you all now is UV superior to the old single stage( your car actually stays red and does not turn orange from sun exposure). Now you can polish to your hearts content and never burn through, oh if you get a rock chip on the bumper you can actually match the paint.
    And more better....they pulled the windshield to paint the car and cracked it, yep they put in a brand new OEM from Ferrari windshield. No more of the tiny little marks on the glass that you can see when the sun hits just right. You now kind of looks like sand blast marks from driving on road trips
    And better still....while it was there, seeing the whole car was apart for paint, yep, shipped all the parts to sticky no more. It's perfect now. NO dash shrinkage either.
    And more better......My car is the only 1994 512tr Clasiche Certified.
    And even more better.....full engine out service will be finished within two weeks. Being performed by Larry at Ferrari Technologies in the city of Orange, CA. this will be the third service performed by the same Highly reputable shop.

Effectively my car is done, stunning. Is it a 3500 mile trailer queen? NO. But it is arguably most beautiful 1994 ABS brake 512TR, most well sorted car in the US.

Being realistic the car that sold for $456k was a 6k mile stunning example, and the other one for $499k low mile car also stunning.

Mine is IMO better color combination (subjective, I know)
    Mine is driven and sorted out, no surprises from being parked not driven
    Mine is currently restored in mint condition
    Mine is the only one Classiche Certrified
    So for sale best offer over $300 is realistic.
    Cool trades are welcome, 360, 430, 458, muscle cars you get the idea.
    All books, keys, and records of course.
    509-991-4055
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Very nice, but you say this car has been restored?

3. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    FBH did NOT do the engine out....they might have DROPPED-IT...wow, bad luck, but since F authorized dealer good for you on Factory back-up. What would have been the result if an Indy did this stuff?...shudder to think.

Super looking car at what seems a very fair price,

Jack

4. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice testa....GLWS

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Beautiful and very rare 1994 TR. These are really special.

There's another with the same color combo coming to auction this weekend. Should be interesting to see what it brings.

GLWS.

6. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Do the Carfax/Autocheck whatever reports show the accidents and repair history?

7. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The definition of restored is very broad, I restore cars as a hobby and because my Ferrari has new paint, wheels, tires, engine out, sticky no more etc it is basically restored, refinished choose any definition one likes.

8. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    no, I have full documentation including of course all pictures of before during and after.

9. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I totally agreed ; with today's technology ; any paint should be able to be matched up to 90% that it is hardly to tell by human eyes that of course depends on skills and experiences .

10. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    You are right.
    90% is unacceptable to me. And the fade issue I wrote above is also unacceptable to me.

11. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    I can personally attest to this car having been in the car for an amazing ride and being next to it many times.

I can also attest to his knowledge and his skill set. Currently his input and his help, are helping me on my 308 "restoration".

The posts about paint are unfounded, my god they just painted a car for making a mistake due to damaging the car. Being where I just stripped the 308 to bare metal and realized that the single stage is fine for 40 years ago, but not for today.

He stated clearly about this and honestly about this, no games no gimmicks.

How in the world does this site in the cars for sale get so off track?

If your not buying don't say anything. If your not smart enough to realize what this car really is then, don't post anything. Just say nice car and move on.

This is a car that is one of 38 shipped to the US, more rare than an M, and much much nicer. AND IT'S CERTIFIED!!!!!!!!!! Find one in the world with all that, good luck.

If I could sell my 85 TR and my 77 308 fast enough, this would be in my garage.

12. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Many inquiries, thank you to all for the kind words.

Apparently some thought it is having an engine out at Beverly Hills Ferrari, it is being done at Ferrari Technologies in the city of Orange in California by Larry, the same tech for the past 3 engine outs. Sorry if I was unclear.

13. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Beautiful. GLWS.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Posts on how you would have restored or repaired a car differently are not relevant to a car for sale. The car is what it is and was restored and repaired as it was. Pertinent posts are: 1) questions regarding the car as it is, 2) first hand factual information pertinent to the car, and 3) good luck type comments. All other comments belong in the forums.

15. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    My post was a positive comment supporting this car - I used to own a red black 94 512 TR and I really miss that car.

Best

16. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Thank you, I love this car to. You had a 94? and you're in MA? I think my car came from that area back in the day, it may be your old car. I bought it from Jack in Orange County.

17. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  18. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  19. Blackfin

Blackfin Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    Southern California
    Beautiful car! Another endorsement for Larry at Ferrari Tech, he recently did the engine out on my F512M and is the only person I'll let touch my F cars.
    Car looks superb, reminds me of my M with 38k miles. Although it has miles, it is in even better condition than the low milers that I saw sell at Pebble Beach last year. GLWS

20. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Thank you......Larry finished the car and I took his advise and upgraded the A/C system from the R-12 to the new readily available R-34.
    Larry has said to me the car runs fantastic, better than any TR he can remember. And the car is pristine in his words.
    I will be picking my car up Monday and hauling it from Orange CA to Spokane WA. I will be spending a day or two in the Bay Area so if anyone on the way would like to meet up say hi and look at the car for kicks and giggles I have a 1200 mile window..Oh, and I don't drive through Portland, Seattle route I take 97 to Biggs (NW people understand) however if some one from the coast wants to visit I can always change my route to the coast.

21. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    GLWS honest description and a very nice car. I hope it goes to good home that will cherish it as much as you did.

22. Blackfin

Blackfin Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    Southern California
    I stopped by at Larry's today and saw your car - it looks brand new! Very nicely done.
    I'll probably stop by and say hi on Monday when you are down here, my warehouse is a stone's throw from his shop.

23. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Sounds great! I'm sure Larry has you're number, I'll have him call you when I arrive. Glad you like the car, it truly came out beautiful.

24. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Update, looks like I will pick up the car Sunday around 2pm to avoid Monday morning traffic out of LA.

25. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #25 DanielG, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    The 512 is back in Washington.
    As always Larry did an amazing job and the car is beautiful.

I'm on the fence about going to Carmel/Monterey show's next month. I have room reserved in Carmel and was intending on participating in all of the down town car shows of cool cars that simply show up. And putting a tastefully done for sale sign on the car.

My hesitation is that the car is so perfect I'm a little apprehensive about taking it because of all the "what if's" or tourist "crap occurs"

I'll post if I will make it down to Carmel and maybe meet some of the gang.