1996 355 manual spider $59,950 | FerrariChat

1996 355 manual spider $59,950

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Michael B, Jul 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 Michael B, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My great friend of many years has been diagnosed with a condition that is not reversible. He is still young (in his sixties) but will not be able to keep his cars any longer. I am doing him a favor by representing his Ferrari to you and helping facilitate the sale with he & his caring wife.

I made a promise to myself 25 years ago that I would drive away from my wedding in a Ferrari. John made that possible by loaning his then Ferrari 308 for me & my bride. I have since owned several Ferrari's but John was pivotal in helping me obtain my goal then & several other times in life. So here it goes...

1996 Ferrari 355 spider ~ three pedal. 36k miles. $59,950. Impeccably finished in Rossa Corsa with the ever so popular tan leather. The car was treated to a very high-line & correct repaint after John bought the car many years ago ($11,000 repaint) because he wanted it to be "as beautiful as my wife" he had said. Full documentation of the job with reams of photos (the kind you hold in your hand / put in a photo album) showing an immaculate body and the intense detailed work with results exceeding the factory finish.

Over the last nearly 10 years John would drive this car sparingly on back roads with the top down just to listen to the lovely exhaust note. All items on the car are as factory equipped. The electric top works with minor fiddling and all of the basic maintenance has been done within recent history. Lots of paperwork from the previous owner are present as well as the red key fob, two black fobs, tools, books & red satin car cover.

The car is ready to drive needing a good dusting off along with the new owner. Interior leather is very good with some lite bolster wear on drivers outside. Dash leather is super. Last belt service was five years ago according to John. This is a good mount that you could fly in & drive home from his Central Illinois location. No check engine lights, no alarm fail light, just a great driving 355 that has been very good to him & ready to be good to you.

Please PM me with questions. I will take all serious offers/questions directly to John & his wife and help finalize a deal if needed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. pattrick02

pattrick02 Rookie

Sep 4, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    This won't last long.If I had cleared up some space in the garage, I'd be flying over now. Still waiting on the pending sale of my car. Perfect color combo. Good luck with sale.

3. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Why do all the good cars get posted right after I buy something else. GLWS!
    Michael can you send me his info, will talk to him.

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Sorry to read about your friend. :/

Looks like a very honest representation and reasonable ask. GLWS.

5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    GLWS

6. goldlifter

goldlifter Karting

Aug 8, 2015
    Beautiful car but a somber reminder we are here for but a short time.....thought and prayers are with him and his family.

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Looks like a great deal, shouldn't last long. All the best to your friend!

8. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Very sorry about your friend's diagnosis. Best of luck to him and his family.

9. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yes, best wishes to your friend.

Fantastic car. It should go to a good home.

10. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thank you gents. I am going to tell John that he has lots of good Internet car friends. They will be showing it tonight at 6PM to one of us Fchatters. I will update the status soon.

11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking car wow

12. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Beautiful! GLWS, And wish nothing but the best for him.

Folks maybe interested in where the engine bay shields are.

13. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Great looking car that won't last long. Whereabouts in Central Illinois?

14. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    An offer was made tonight that they are considering. Chnco the bay rain shields are in the garage. This car has a new set of factory headers installed recently (how darn cool is that) and the rain shields were stored on a shelf while that was completed.

15. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Good to know, looks like it will go fast. Congrats

16. andyh009

andyh009 Rookie

Sep 15, 2011
    Interested in purchasing although I am located in Europe, would it be possible to test drive?

17. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Best wishes to your friend. It is absolutely a nice F355; ;it shouldn't last... good luck with sale.