Trade 993 Turbo for a 599 | FerrariChat

Trade 993 Turbo for a 599

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Cargirl_, Jul 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cargirl_

Cargirl_ Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 31, 2008
    Media PA
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    Interested in trading a 1997 993 Turbo with 22k miles. Silver exterior and black interior.

Service book books & keys, window sticker, tools, spare, pump, etc. near-new tires
    Factory options include: red calipers, Porsche crest wheel caps, full supple leather, crest head rests, dual lumbar seats, digital sound package w/CD changer, Porsche mats, aluminum instrument faces with chrome bezels, stainless 'Turbo' doorsills and stainless tailpipe extensions.

For a like 599 (or other interesting Ferrari) - not red. Prefer silver or dark blue.

PM me - let's talk.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Not sure if I would advocate that deal but it is your decision.

Sounds like you have a lovely tt. Good luck.

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

^^^^^I agree^^^^

4. p1turbo

p1turbo Formula Junior

May 21, 2009
    san francisco
    i have a 97 993 turbo and and 04 575M

you might consider this...which should hold it's value/appreciate better than 599 imo

Ferrari 575 GTC | eBay

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    post reminded me of the guy that traded in his hemi cuda on the new 84 corvette

6. Cargirl_

Cargirl_ Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 31, 2008
    Media PA
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    For the record this is not my choice .. it is someone's personal preference. But value wise it could be a very fair trade. Also I would never ever trade a hemi cuda for a corvette. Any corvette.

7. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    well, hopefully we'll both be members here 20 yrs from now to see.....

8. prototypefan

prototypefan Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    ab, canada
    I'd happily trade my 1,000 mile 70 Hemi Cuda for any L88 or ZL1 Corvette!!!!

9. Cargirl_

Cargirl_ Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 31, 2008
    Media PA
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    If I had to look at one for the next 20 years it would be the Cuda. Not the Corvette. Personal preference. There's no accounting for it.

10. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    this was 1983.... not now........

11. prototypefan

prototypefan Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    ab, canada
    I'd happily trade my 1,000 mile 70 Hemi Cuda for any L88 or ZL1 Corvette!!!!

12. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    now were looking at 993 turbo vs 599...... well see in 2036

13. p1turbo

p1turbo Formula Junior

May 21, 2009
    san francisco
    i would take the 993 turbo anyday over a 599...and i plan on being around in 2036

the turbo just went over 350k miles...should be over 500k by then

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I think its a smart move.

The 993 turbo has shot up in value. The chances of it shooting up in value again are low.

The 599 is probably at or near its lowest value and I personally feel undervalued.The chances of it raising in value is significantly higher than the turbo.

This porsche thing is not going to go on and on forever. In fact much of the hype has gone away and prices are slipping. I do think the 993 turbo is the BEST porsche EVER made and i do LOVE them dearly. They will probably do a gradual and stable climb from here

He is trying to trade out something that might be slipping back (at the moment) to something that is at or near rock bottom. Not a bad idea.

Plus we all know how TERRIBLE front engine v12 flagship cars do collectible wise. I mean jeez... look at all those poor bastards who bough those hoopties from the 60s...

Possibly one of the last naturally aspirated v12 cars will never go up. Enzo hated that design and those cars that were configured with a v12 in the front...

ohh wait

15. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I agree with you on that

16. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    993 turbo styling > 599.

very iconic and last good looking old school turbo

17. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Try to get a 2010-2011 599 GTB with the OEM HGTE package.

18. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    There are only 2 ZL1's, good luck. I don't think they have ever publicly been offered for sale. Rarest Corvette.

L88's run from $250k-4 million, depending on specs and provenance. Better chance there :)

And id get rid of the 993. Even though it's better than current Posches, use this bubble to your advantage.

19. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    The 599 is a long term winner, beautiful & powerful.

20. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
    I'm a Porsche guy through and through. On my 5th one and am trying to learn about Ferraris and if one would be suitable for me, hence my reading on this forum. In this whole thread, not one mention about the driving experience of the cars, it's all about 'money' and 'collectibility', not how a 993 TT drives vs a 599. That seems to be the recurring theme in Ferrari-world and get the impression most Ferraris are for garage art, to be taken out to Cars and Coffee on perfect Sundays and otherwise squirrelled away lest they accumulate any mileage and therefore be worth less. That's not my idea of car ownership, but to each his (or her) own.

21. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    #21 Hawkeye, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Couldn't be further from the truth. Ferraris are meant to be driven and enjoyed and the 599 is an excellent Ferrari to do just that. I own several Porsches, including a 993. The Porsche is an all around, fantastic sports car. But it's Rear Engine, AWD, around 400 HP and the 599 has is Front/Mid engine with over 600HP and is RWD. So the driving experiences are different in terms of power management, sound, road feel, cornering, etc...The Ferrari also feels different from the inside. The seats are better in the 599, there is an abundance of leather and the overall driver experience is more of an "experience" which is hard to describe unless you've been behind the wheel. I think they are art, but I've also had mine in snow, mud and she gets dirty often. The 599 also has 10 years of development time on the 993TT so there are advances that come along with that as well. Both fantastic sports cars, very different, both very enjoyable. Porsche very easy to live with in and out of traffic, 599 likes longer stretches of road better and gets much more attention. Just different flavors of ice cream.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login