1997 Ferrari F355 Spider Rossa Corsa/Beige 6Spd Manual | FerrariChat

1997 Ferrari F355 Spider Rossa Corsa/Beige 6Spd Manual

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by njcycleguy, Aug 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    #1 njcycleguy, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Guys,

I'm selling my 1997 355 Spider. The car is fully sorted and I have every service record since new. The major belt service was recently completed in April. If you're looking for a 355 Spider, you'll be hard pressed to find a fully documented car in this condition and color combination with a manual transmission. The service history is fully documented since new, the car has a clean Carfax with no accident history or damage, a properly operating top, and is completely serviced and up to date. Everything works as it should including the top (you'll find many cars out there with broken or manual tops - buyer beware). The description below is my classified listing on Autotrader/eBay unless I sell the car here first.

Offered at $84,900. I believe 355s will continue to appreciate in price, especially 6 speed manual cars in arguably the most desirable color combination of Red/Tan.

NOTE: The photos do not show the tan tonneau cover for the top - I do have it but did not install it for the photos. It will be included in the sale.

1997 Ferrari F355 Spider 6 Speed Manual
    Finished in Rossa Corsa over Beige Leather (Red/Tan)
    24,xxx Miles

Owned by a Ferrari enthusiast/collector, this is fully documented (since new), perfectly sorted 355 spider. It’s finished in the most desirable color combination (Rossa Corsa/Beige) and also has the desirable manual gearbox (no F1). The car has been exceptionally cared for throughout it’s entire life. It’s stored in a temperature controlled garage and driven regularly but sparingly. It has never been tracked or abused. It’s not driven in an overly aggressive manner. The car is bone stock with exception to a Tubi Exhaust system which sounds incredible and is quite common for cars of this era.

EXTERIOR
    The exterior of the car is in excellent condition. There is no paintwork, damage, or dents. The car is cared for monthly by a detailer and given a full detail twice a year w/Zymol Ital (sorry, I'm old school). The wheels are flawless and like new. No curbing, no rash, no dents. The tires have roughly 70% tread remaining. NOTE: The photos do not show the tan tonneau cover for the top - I do have it but did not install it for the photos. It will be included in the sale, however.

INTERIOR
    The leather seats are in exceptional condition. The carpets are also excellent, no staining, no tears, no rips. A new set of OEM Ferrari 355 mats that Ferrari recently re-introduced have been purchased and will be included with the ones that came with the car as well (not shown in pics). All switches, the console as well as A/C controls have been completely redone by StickyNoMore. The radio has been upgraded to a newer OEM Ferrari unit from a 430 Spider and matches the interior perfectly. A new chrome Ferrari shift knob was installed and provides a weighted level of satisfaction when rowing through the manual gearbox.

CONVERTIBLE TOP
    The top is in flawless condition. The plastic window shows no signs of any wear or cloudiness. The straps for the top were recently redone to fix a small issues with top needing some assistance to fully close (common on these cars). The hydraulics all work perfectly and the top opens and closes as it should. Be forewarned that if you find a 355 Spider with a broken top, the fixes can be very expensive as it’s not just the top and hydraulics that can fail – there are also micro switches in the seats and other components that can be very pricey. This car needs nothing and the top works as it should.

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
    The Major engine out service with belt replacement was completed in April of 2016 (the RO states February but the work was not done until April due to the dealer's engine hoist being used on another car that was awaiting parts from Italy). When the service was performed, I advised the dealer to ensure every component of the car that needed to be replaced was replaced. The car has primarily been serviced at Ferrari dealers. All receipts will be included. The clutch was checked during the major service and has over 70% of life left. The electronically controlled suspension dampers work as designed. There are no CELs (Check Engine Lights).

INCLUDED WITH SALE
    The Factory Ferrari Silk Cover will be included as well as the Tonneau cover (not shown) for the top mechanism. All books and complete tool kit are also included. Completely documented ownership history since 1997 including all service records and history, as well as a copy of the original window sticker. I will also include a copy of the CARFAX report for anyone wishing to verify the history.

REASON FOR SALE
    The car is being sold because I am out of room. I have an inbound 488 and currently own a Testarossa, California T plus a number of other cars - something has to go.

PRICE
    Offered at $84,900. No brokers please. Buyer to arrange shipping. Cash purchasers preferred. I have the title in hand.

I believe the 355 will continue to appreciate over the years. Those who know my cars know that I’m fanatical about them. This one is no exception.

I have attached photos but F-chat reduces the resolution - higher Res ones are below.

Thanks for looking and PM me for offers/more details. I'm happy to discuss the car further with seriously interested parties.

https://s10.postimg.org/de0kq7rjt/IMG_2426.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/c08xuwsah/IMG_2432.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/dtbuj8dh5/IMG_2424.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/itdw4x8hl/IMG_2409.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/87u0sx261/IMG_2440.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/4cqmqcj09/IMG_2446.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/fdlrvdb95/IMG_2439.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/kdj83bgvt/IMG_2412.jpg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Thinking of adding a 355 spider to your collection? This is the one.

You'll be hard pressed to find a car fully documented, sorted, serviced, and in this color combination.

3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    nice :) GLWS

4. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Price lowered to $74,900. Please PM me with any questions.

5. ForzaFerrari81

Aug 26, 2016
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi,
    I'd love to get in touch to go over a few details but I joined the forums recently and cannot PM yet. I suppose I can receive a PM from you though ? I'd rather not put my email address/phone number here...
    Thanks

6. PANAZOX

PANAZOX Rookie

May 2, 2006
    Very nice. Good luck with the sale. I was in the market, but have since decided on a 458.

7. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    great looking car!
    Quick question - has thin been over the typicla problem trifecta of valve guides, headers and cats?

Thanks

8. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    All have been addressed and updated - the headers were done a few thousand miles ago.

9. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    where was the service done?

10. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    can you share this?

11. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Hey Lonnie - Wide World did the service. (for those that don't know, that's a Ferrari dealer in NY)

12. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    Thanks... that's what I thought. Beautiful car GLWS

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    beautiful. wish i had the spare cash.

14. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Thanks for the compliments guys.

15. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Still available.

16. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Open to realistic (not lowball) offers.

17. londonfog1964

londonfog1964 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2015
    Nice car..I was set on buying a 355 GTB or GTS, to park next to my 328...Ive always liked the insane exhaust note that these cars make as well as the design,. I know that the key to buying a 355 ,,is to purchase one that has been kept up as incredible as the one you have for sale. With that being said,,,Ive decided to buy a 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo, I just feel that Ferrari prices have went unreasonably high all across the board..in fact I just upped my insurances agreed value on my 89 to 100 K, just to try and keep up, just in case I get taken out,,lol . In any event,,you wont have any problem selling your beauty..I have not seen any others ,,either on EBAy, or Hemmings,,as mint as yours,,Good luck with the sale,,,

18. Toranomon

Toranomon Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    I am seriously interested in making an offer. This said, can you please either post or PM me the following information:

- Current mileage
    Mileage and how long ago the following were done:
    - headers (confirm these were replaced with aftermarket/fabspeed)
    - cats
    - belt service
    - valve guides (confirm these were replaced with steel not bronze)

Thank you, David

19. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    PM Sent.

20. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    For those of you questioning valve guides, my understanding is that this affects 1995-1996 cars - as a '97, my car was equipped with the steel valves from the factory - you can do a PPI to verify and a leakdown / compression test - the car runs flawlessly. But if you're still worried, I'd suggest reading the below F-chat link to help separate hype from fact.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/74762-post1.html

21. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Beautiful example. Clicking on the link you provided above, please read Myth #5. It seems to include cars all the way to 98.

22. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #22 Dave rocks, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The better thing to do is have a look at the assembly number and see where it falls per this document.

23. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    The car has steel valves per a previous PPI document I have in the service records along with the compression reading on each cylinder. I assumed they were steel from the factory but it's possible it was done by a previous owner or updated per this service bulletin.

Serious buyers are welcome to perform their own PPI.

24. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm Not doubting you but from a technical standpoint I would like to understand how a tech doing a PPI determined the guides are steel. That is not an easy feat. Inspection thru throttle bodies or exhaust manifolds would be required.

It is a beautiful car and priced well IMHO. GLWS.

25. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Still available.