2007 F430 Red/Tan F1 9988 miles | FerrariChat

2007 F430 Red/Tan F1 9988 miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M_Wade, Sep 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    #1 M_Wade, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm looking to sell my personal 2007 Ferrari F430 Red/Tan F1 with carbon upper and lower package. Daytona seats, Bose, Shields, carbon rear, spare tire option, many more options. This is my personal car so mileage may change. Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with less than 250 Miles. New front and rear brake pads. Purchased as Ferrari approved from Continental Ferrari in February 2015. Car has been serviced and looked after by Continental Ferrari. Manifolds replaced by Continental in October 2015.
    Asking $132,000

Located in Chicago suburbs

Please contact me with any questions or for additional photos.

You can see the carfax report by clicking this link: www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/679538770/overview/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Car is still available. I'm looking to get into a GT3 so would be open to trades

3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice ...GLWS

4. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Great looking 430. Probably a question that has been asked/answered before, regarding the manifolds being replaced. Was there a factory recall or technical service bulletin from Ferrari pertaining to the manifolds? What issue did they have, and what years of 430's were affected? Is Ferrari covering the cost of parts & labor to change the manifolds.

5. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    It was a known issue with the car, they have MK1 and MK2 version manifolds. Ferrari extended the warranty on the manifolds to 8 years, the replacement was covered under warranty. Manifolds were rusting from the inside out, need to keep an eye on this part so pieces don't get sucked into the engine. Fortunately I had the car in for service and they could hear the issue.

6. ferrarisun

Feb 13, 2011
    THANKS for the heads up on the 430 exhaust manifolds problem! Every 430 owner should be aware of this, and have the manifolds replaced. To think about bits of metal possibly getting sucked back into the engine and the catastrophic damage it could cause, is $cary. You mentioned that yours were covered under warranty, any ball park price on what the manifolds & labor would run, out of pocket. For anyone looking at buying a 430, definitely factor the cost of replacing manifolds in the final purchase if they won't be getting changed out, under the factory warranty.

7. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    I believe they said it would be a $6k fix for parts and labor. I have read that some people purchased Fabspeed manifolds which were less expensive.
    I was lucky, the 8 year warranty expired 4 weeks from my replacement.

8. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Lowering the price to $129,000 - found a new car and need to sell this one first. Please contact me if interested.

9. Asmod3uS

Asmod3uS Karting

Apr 6, 2004
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sent you a PM with no reply.

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    still for sale?

11. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Still available

12. Poseur

Poseur Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    Interested. Please PM me and send or post the CarFax report. The link you posted led to an error page.

13. ferrarisun

Feb 13, 2011
    I remember the old saying, "close only counts with hand grenades & horse shoes"! Only 4 weeks, till the 8 years warranty ran out was cutting it close. If someone is looking at buying a 430, and the seller says the headers were replaced by a Ferrari dealer, if there's no paperwork, with the vin, a call to Ferrari N/A should confirm if indeed the manifolds have been changed, since Ferrari is reimbursing the dealer's, for the cost of parts & labor. If the person selling the 430 "says" they were changed by a independent shop, & there are no receipts....... talks cheap(bs), and exhaust manifolds, are not! Noticed an ad on F-Chat for some Fabspeed 430 headers, believe the ad said they cost something like $3900 new,(don't know if that price includes the heat blankets, or not), plus the labor on top of that.

14. M_Wade

M_Wade Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Car is still available. New price is $125,000 - car is really clean. I have a new car lined up, but I want to sell this car instead of trading into the dealer. Just performed oil change Monday - car is ready to go.

15. Rick1932

Rick1932 Rookie

Mar 17, 2016
    I'm Interested. How can I contact you?

16. Strider

Strider Rookie

Oct 5, 2004
    I'll give you a call.

17. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    What's the current mileage? One of my buddies is interested. He's a former executive of Fortune 15 company so has funds and serious buyer.