2006 F430 spyder black with capristo racing exhaust | FerrariChat

2006 F430 spyder black with capristo racing exhaust

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by mdwfa2001, Sep 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    #1 mdwfa2001, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Incredible car, but want to sell because I just had a second child and I won't be driving this much at all.

The car is a 2006 F1 430 spyder and black on tan,it has 15,000 miles.

I just completed a $18,000 service at ferrari of LI with all records.(changed out all 4 cam variators, put on new clear bra protection, changed accelerator sensor, kevlar clutch from hitech exotic racing(last 2x more then ferrari factory clutch)...wheel alignment, and detailed the car. Also put on a capristo racing exhaust 10 months ago(value of 5k). Additionally, the car is lowered to euro specs and has 20K of carbon fiber on the interior.

The kevlar clutch doesn't slip(no slipping like factory clutch) has 98-99% remaining..just put that in 2 months ago.

I am asking $132K for this car, and located in NJ. Please PM if you have serious interest. I bought this car from a fellow fchat member, and have taken pristine care of it. PM if you have a serious offer. I am only willing to sell if I see value in selling it. thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice color combo.....GLWS

3. FEAR

FEAR Rookie

Feb 3, 2016
    Can you send me more pictures?

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Out of interest, why were all 4 cam variators changed when it only has 15 k miles- mine is an 08 F1 with 10k miles so i am hoping not to have that exspence

5. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    FEAR, i will send you more pics if you tell me about yourself and what your situation is. thanks.

6. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    #6 mdwfa2001, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Yes MIke, I don't wish that anyone has to go through this. It was one of the most exp maintenance that i had to do at one time. My car was good for first couple years...just basic oil changes and annual service then i got hit with this monster service. Yea all 4 had to be replaced because they were leaking and causing my car to shift erratically. (I'm not 100% sure but i think usually a replacement requires all 4) Originally thought it was the actuator but turned out to be this. At first was relieved that it wasn't the actuator until i found out that doing this job was just as costly. My clutch started slipping at the same time so I put in a hightech racing kevlar clutch. The thing grabs and there is no slip. Alot of lambo users who have used it claim that it doubles or even triples the lifespan of the clutch. This one is not to be confused with the cheap ones made in china...such as pega clutch..those are actually worse for your car. I did extensive research on this and although this was the most exp one, I went with this with no regrets. It remains to be seen, but the car def shifts much better then stock clutch. The flywheel was also replaced with a hightech racing flywheel custom made for the kevlar clutch. When long island ferrari saw the pieces they were super impressed at the craftsmanship. Much better crafted then the stock clutch and flywheel. Now with that being said, it cost almost 3x much as the stock clutch. I was getting tired of replacing the clutch every 10-15K. I am also in the middle of replacing the right side fuel pump due to leaking fuel(very common issue with the 430) as well as putting a new longer lasting battery in the car. Once I'm done doiing this by oct, this car will be perfect..in terms of maintenance. So this is why unless i get a very attractive offer, I will prob not sell.

Also forgot to mention that while i was putting the new clutch in, i also replaced the clutch release bearing with the hills engineering piece.

BTW, that capristo racing exhaust is perfect for the ferrari 430. Its a very good balance of a melodius tone and loudness. I also did extensive research before i decided to go with capristo..which is the most exp one sold in the US. Lot of peeps are putting on titanium and other cheaper exhausts made in china but i believe capristo sounds the best on the 430. There might be louder ones but capristo has the perfect pitch.

7. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    Sorry to hear about the $18K hit you took but looks like the next owner will be set for long time. GLWS!

8. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds nice, but some more pics would be most helpful.