1995 F355 Berlinetta | FerrariChat

1995 F355 Berlinetta

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Toranomon, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Toranomon

Toranomon Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    I'm looking for a clean 1995 F355 Berlinetta with 6-speed manual transmission.

Here are the requirements:

Exterior: Red / Interior: Tan
    Clean, no accidents
    Full service records
    Belt service done within last 24 months
    Clutch in good condition
    Headers done with aftermarket (i.e. fabspeed)
    Valve guides replaced with steel (instead of bronze)
    Any issues with cats resolved

No interior stickies

Prefer lowest mileage possible

I also have a 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder in White with Black interior and 7k miles that just had full service and egear done, and has 60%+ clutch life, 80%+ brakes, limited edition OEM Apollo 2013 rims ($$$), Focal audiophile system and Tubi exhaust. Happy to discuss potential sale/trade, if there is interest.

2. Andy811

Andy811 Rookie

Feb 27, 2016
    Dayton, OH
    I have a 1995 Berlinetta, red exterior and tan interior. It has 47,000 miles though so let me know if that is too high.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You should understand that manganese bronze guides are an excellent alternative to steel and often used in race and high performance motors.

4. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Tor,
    Hang in there until winter hits. Prices will drop after this amazing hype price increase in the 355 world. I have watched the market since 2010 daily. The prices of the 355 being in the 50, 60 range are not far off again. Plenty of owners asking 70, 80, 90, 100 and those cars are collecting rats and spiders on showrooms and garages.

Keep the Lamborghini, however be patient and pounce on the right 355 at the right price.

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I respectfully disagree. I've watched the market for many years. Look at my posts, I've never been one to talk the market up. The fact is, the 355 market is up but like all Ferrari, a bit soft right now.

The OP is looking for a pristine 95 with specific details. That car will be well over a hundy and will likely be more in spring (if he can even find one)

6. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    No. The days of the 50 / 60k prices for berlinetta's are gone. By spring time the spiders / F1 cars will be right up with the belrinetta's. Say what you like about your analysis, but it's not where these cars are heading.

Tor, the car you describe is a much sought after spec. I am sure you will find one, but you will be in the $90k++ range. Buy before the snow melts :)

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    +1 my car has the manganese bronze guides. As long as they didn't put the original ones back in you'll be fine.

Also OP, don't get hung up on finding a car that has ALL the stuff you require. I started growing gray hairs when I looked for a 355 last year. I would find one that had mostly everything done but didn't have one of the major things off my list. Then I would find another car that had that missing requirement done but was lacking other requirements. It was my first Ferrari so I was nervous. Now I know much more and am not so worried. What's most important is that you find a well cared for car. Current condition is much more important to me than a car that's been sitting for years but has full service records. Of course they're not mutually exclusive but just to give you an idea.

If I were you I would put a cost next to each of those items and use that to figure out a price that makes you comfortable for a car that you find which might not have everything you require.

Last thing, if you're open to a black interior car, Ferrarichat member ferr355 has a low mileage 95 GTB that suits your other criteria.

8. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I have a 355gtb stick shift red /tan for sale in the Ferrari for sale section.

9. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1

10. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    #10 Enzojr, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Don't wait until the $30,000 premium for a 3 pedal that Haggertys mentions ........
    Actually kicks in ;)
    Sarcasm intended, not certain if they still even have that on their valuation chart.

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    This car largely fits your description and has a $69,500 asking price:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/532497-1995-ferrari-355-gtb.html

Mileage is 47k on this 21 year old car. imho that is a good amount of ~2000+ per year to keep things in working order. The major was 36 months ago (not 24). Seems to mention all the work done to keep it fresh as you desired in your OP. If I wanted a 355B in red/tan, I'd be all over this one...

12. Toranomon

Toranomon Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    Thank you everyone for the insightful thoughts and suggestions. As I think about it I really want to focus on a collector car - i.e. Under 25k miles. Appreciate all you guys help in finding one!

13. Toranomon

Toranomon Rookie

Sep 27, 2016
    So I've taken a look at a few cars and they've had paint work issues etc.

I'm looking for a true museum quality car, not just a clean driver. Willing to spend 100-110k and ready to buy immediately for the right car. Do you guys know anyone who has one ideally under 10k miles (or 20k MAX) that meets this criteria?

14. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    If you have bought other toy cars, you have already figured this out, but if you haven't:
    "Must haves" - Don't compromise.
    "Nice to haves" - Be flexible.
    And, be honest with yourself about how you will REALLY use the car.

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    If you find a car in the right condition as far as body/interior/miles I wouldn't count it out if it needs service or never had guides.

My 95B with 13k miles is still on the stock guides and has zero problems. If it bothers you they can always be changed (easier than the condition of the rest of the car anyway).

Just my opinion! Best of luck in your search.